92 yj build - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 92 yj build

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.com

Unread 01-11-2009, 10:09 PM   #211
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

yeah! the winch is on ! the only problem is that the winch is really tight in free spool mode. maybe after i use it a while it will loosen up. now there is no room for my licence plate. i do have an idea in the works for that,but that's in the next chapter of the homebrew bible. got to pay some bills so the jeep will have to wait so i can fix and flip another car i picked up.

winch-008.jpg   winch-009.jpg   winch-010.jpg   winch-014.jpg   winch-016.jpg  

red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #212
RockWoRM
Don't Fear the Jeeper

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
my next trip is a presidents weekend bash at pismo.

i have old wheeling friends from the bay area that im am trying to get back with as well as going a club up here.
i don't want to do the con solo.
Me and the wifey will be at Pismo on that weekend. (less the Jeep and quad) Just kick'n it with the kids. (our 2 dogs... LOL!)
No, I would'nt do the Con solo.
As far as your winch, I'd spool it out and find something to hook up to tight, in order to re-spool under load in order to "stretch" out the line so as not to crimp it first time using it.

WRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #213
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
Me and the wifey will be at Pismo on that weekend. (less the Jeep and quad) Just kick'n it with the kids. (our 2 dogs... LOL!)
No, I would'nt do the Con solo.
As far as your winch, I'd spool it out and find something to hook up to tight, in order to re-spool under load in order to "stretch" out the line so as not to crimp it first time using it.

WRM
that's a good idea, ill do that.

when your at pismo come look me up , ill be with the wife and kid also. iam bringing the jeep . i use to have a bunch of quads, but that was another life.
We camp around milemarker 5 most of the time. here's a pic of my motorhome and trailer to spot me.
92-jeep-day-before-pismo-002.jpg  
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 01-22-2009, 11:49 AM   #214
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
As far as your winch, I'd spool it out and find something to hook up to tight, in order to re-spool under load in order to "stretch" out the line so as not to crimp it first time using it. WRM
i took your advice and tried the winch out. it was so tight that i had to use power to let the cable out. free spool seemed to be binding.
After i pulled the jeep up the hill with the winch ,it free spooled fine. So what every was binding freed up.

This sunday im going on my first snow run. im hooking up with a local club going up to iron mountain rd to do a road patrol.
Unread 01-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #215
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

just got back from the road patrol. we aired down and started off. At first i thought my jeep wouldn't do well, then i figured out i left the e brake on!
IT preformed well once i figured that out. one thing i did try and wont again is putting it in 4x4 without the front axle locked. 3 wheel drive didn't work out well at all. As soon as i let of on the gas the jeep would go sideways. no problem with the axle locked tho. There were over 20 of us and the rigs were all really nice . there were a few other groups that past our camp but not many.
iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-007.jpg   iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-011.jpg   iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-016.jpg   iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-041.jpg   iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-026.jpg  

Unread 01-25-2009, 05:22 PM   #216
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

whats amazing is that this is 30 minutes from my house and i have no snow.
iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-033.jpg   iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-027.jpg   iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-030.jpg   iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-034.jpg   iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-036.jpg  

Unread 01-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #217
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i did a little once over under the jeep today. the tcase has a rear seal leak. so i topped it off. i noticed that the front d30 yoke had a lot of rotational movement. this isnt necessarily bad, but i went and popped the diff cover off to check things out. since im the one who did the gear swap, there was a possibility that i didnt have enough carrier bearing preload and the back lash had increased. the back lash was still good . the movement is in the side gears to axles + the back lash. i could of just stuck a screw driver in thru the fill hole to hold the carrier to hold it still while checking back lash ,but i wanted to change the oil anyway . i noticed one of the rear axle seals leaking also. its pretty madining that two of the 3 seals that were installed by others were leaking. i really need to get a press.
Unread 01-27-2009, 05:49 AM   #218
richmond1273
1995 YJ Wrangler 

looks like a good time was had by all! any other big plans for your jeep?

1995 Wrangler 4.0 AX15 NP231 D30 & 35 4.10 gears
3" Rough Country suspension 33x12.50 Mastercraft MT

2007 JK 3.8 42RLE Auto NV241 D30 & D44 4.10 gears
richmond1273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2009, 06:44 AM   #219
95wranglasaurus
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Maddening is right, I feel your pain. Nearly every time I pay to have something done I'm disappointed. I'm no master mechanic but I take zero shortcuts, and I do the research before I tackle something rather than after.

The snow run looks like it was fun. Where I live in Maine we get to do that every time it storms, which in recent winters, is quite often. In some places, it's not all that uncommon to have 8-10" of snow on public roads before they are plowed.

I've really enjoyed this thread, thanks for sharing your build.
95wranglasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #220
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmond1273 View Post
looks like a good time was had by all! any other big plans for your jeep?
it was more relaxing than fun. that group volunteers to do a road patrol on that road , so its mostly counting vehicles that go by and shoot the bull.

my plans if my budget will allow is to add a 4-1 tera low, 6" flares/ sliders, rear bumper,soft top,cb,rear speakers,lites,repaint it and i think thats about it. o yes ,then sell it for a loss and build a sprung over with d60's
man-horns.jpg  
Unread 01-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #221
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95wranglasaurus View Post
Maddening is right, I feel your pain. Nearly every time I pay to have something done I'm disappointed. I'm no master mechanic but I take zero shortcuts, and I do the research before I tackle something rather than after.

The snow run looks like it was fun. Where I live in Maine we get to do that every time it storms, which in recent winters, is quite often. In some places, it's not all that uncommon to have 8-10" of snow on public roads before they are plowed.

I've really enjoyed this thread, thanks for sharing your build.
sometimes i wander if anybody wants to see my junk, thanks for looking. this thread will help me remember what ive done to this jeep in a few years(old timers)
the nice thing about where i live is that i only get 2" of snow for a few days every other year. i can drive 30 minutes east and have all i want. or drive west and be at the ocean.
Unread 02-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #222
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

yesterday i went to the bay area to pick up another car to flip and while i was down there i picked up some flares that were on craigslist. i think i will finally get that front fender painted now. i figured that i should get the flares on before i get a ticket.i heard the fixet tickets were going up to a $100 bucks!. the flares were only $195. it was my birthday so while i was down there my daughter made dinner, the boy,s came over for a poker game and we watched the ufc fight. it was a busy day. o yea i picked up a 1 ton diesel also, but i gave that to my son in-law.i was temped to take the cummings out and try to squeeze it into my yj, but he really needed a truck.
92-tarurus-jennys.jpg   pocket-fares-002.jpg  
Unread 02-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #223
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
we watched the ufc fight.
That was a good PPV. haha. The One guy with the KO RIGHT before the bell. haha.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2009, 04:24 PM   #224
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Bj should stay in his weight class. and machita looked great.
Unread 02-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #225
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Bj should stay in his weight class. and machita looked great.
yea.. Penn was just too small.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.