92 yj build - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 92 yj build

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-13-2008, 01:14 AM   #166
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Shadow-x View Post
Wow, its looking good. I cant wait to see it totally finished.
thanks, i havnt been working on it like i did when i started the build. i would like to get everything bolted on and all the bugs worked out so i start to detail it . i didnt want to repaint it untill most every thing is complete. the rear springs and driveline have been a pain. tomorro the shock truss goes on and then the test drive! again.

red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2008, 01:19 AM   #167
x-Shadow-x

Ya it is a good idea to hold off until everything is finished before painting, to many times where I painted then scratched it the next day. Hopefully everything goes good for you.
x-Shadow-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2008, 08:42 PM   #168
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

well i did a test drive with the new rear rc 4" springs and it is better but i still might build a anti wrap bar. It still has some rear steer but its a little better.
i was thinking of taking the small bottom leaf of the old procomp pac and adding it to the rc pac. maybe that would help the axle wrap and not effect travel that much. its only a little over a foot long.

do you think i should change out my temporay door panel or leave it?
rc-test-drive-flex-001.jpg   rc-test-drive-flex-003.jpg   rc-test-drive-flex-005.jpg  
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 12-16-2008, 05:20 AM   #169
richmond1273
1995 YJ Wrangler 

hmmm...i don't know, it could grow on me just for being different. i don't think it would look good if the door was red though. i'd paint he red door black to match, the driverside looks better.

1995 Wrangler 4.0 AX15 NP231 D30 & 35 4.10 gears
3" Rough Country suspension 33x12.50 Mastercraft MT

2007 JK 3.8 42RLE Auto NV241 D30 & D44 4.10 gears
richmond1273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 05:46 AM   #170
yamaguy01
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Location: McGuire AFB (Ft. Dix), NJ/Oxford, NC, I can't wait until I get to leave NJ!
Lose the paneling. I left my doors bare on the inside after I got the Jeep repainted. I'm thinking of buying those ADB plastic skins I saw online a year or so ago or I might fabricate something up.
If you figure out that axle wrap thing let me know, my BDS springs curl-up like a piece of bacon in the frying pan everytime I step on the skinny pedal. I guess eventually I'll add some bars probably.

Dave
Square Headlights group member #222
Armed Forces Jeeps group member #65
United States Air Force group member #12
Guns and Jeeps group member #10
Ron Paul Jeepers group member #7
yamaguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #171
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmond1273 View Post
hmmm...i don't know, it could grow on me just for being different. i don't think it would look good if the door was red though. i'd paint he red door black to match, the driverside looks better.
i was going to paint the driverside red, but after you brought up doing the pass black, i might tend to agree.
Unread 12-16-2008, 02:31 PM   #172
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaguy01 View Post
Lose the paneling. I left my doors bare on the inside after I got the Jeep repainted. I'm thinking of buying those ADB plastic skins I saw online a year or so ago or I might fabricate something up.
If you figure out that axle wrap thing let me know, my BDS springs curl-up like a piece of bacon in the frying pan everytime I step on the skinny pedal. I guess eventually I'll add some bars probably.

Dave
i saw some cheep plastic ones on ebay also, they dont look much better than the paneling. infact i could paint the paneling black and it wouldnt stick out to as much.

i can see why you get some wrap with a v8! im letting the new rc springs break in a little before i do much to solve the problem. i cant believe that more people dont have the same problem. i guess a lot have a 4cly. you wouldnt have tork you do with a 6 or 8.
Unread 12-16-2008, 02:53 PM   #173
Ron83CJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was having the same debate, on the doors we picked up for the kids jeep. I think we are just going to cut some diamond plate and paint it black and make our own door panel. I really hate to go back there with plastic.
Ron83CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 02:59 PM   #174
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

is that aluminum plate, if steel the hinge's might go on strike! (sort of speak.)
Unread 12-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #175
Ron83CJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
is that aluminum plate, if steel the hinge's might go on strike! (sort of speak.)
I believe so, worst case I may use a sheet of tin to do the inserts, and just round the edges.
Ron83CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 03:56 PM   #176
smoke_20
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I like the red doors better, and if you're going to keep the paneling at least paint it. The jeep is looking really good though, great work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urb4nTr0ll View Post
I have 4 x 4 on my YJ, but I'm not sure what it is suppose to do or if it is even necessary.
I'm mainly a street driver.
Any advice is appreciated, thanks.:thumbsup:
smoke_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 05:40 PM   #177
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I put a radio in today. I didn't like the way it was just held in buy the plastic dash. I went a head and soldered in a strip of steel to the radio holder that will slide on top of a bracket you can see in the 2nd pic(yellow arrow)
the red arrow is pointed at a relay that is up in there, I think it might be for the heater fan, but I didn't trace it out. Does any know what its for?
The third pic shows the holder installed. It's a lot stiffer now.

I put up a pic of the wire color code for future reference.
92-jeep-radio-001.jpg   92-jeep-radio-002.jpg   92-jeep-radio-003.jpg   92-jeep-radio-004.jpg   92-jeep-radio-006.jpg  

Unread 12-18-2008, 12:10 AM   #178
snkwired
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have no idea what that relay does but it is activated when i turn my running lights on but all my lights still work when i remove it. just haven't gotten to tracing the wires yet and couldn't find it in the Haynes manual on the electrical diagram
snkwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2008, 12:18 AM   #179
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkwired View Post
I have no idea what that relay does but it is activated when i turn my running lights on but all my lights still work when i remove it. just haven't gotten to tracing the wires yet and couldn't find it in the Haynes manual on the electrical diagram
i thought maybe it was something that the po added. its in a weird place dont you think, why wouldnt the factory put it in or around the fuse panel. it almost looks like an afterthought.
Unread 12-22-2008, 06:59 PM   #180
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'm took the advice you guys gave me about changing the motor mounts to help with the rear steer problem I've been having. i just replaced with stock ones, it was pretty easy. i didn't test drive it yet, but when i recheck the tyranny mount , ill test drive then. you can see the drivers side mount was bad.

while i was at it, i took a look at the stater, to see if the bolts were tight. the lower bolt feel out into my hands when i tried to tighten it. the po had put the nut to far down on the stud and stripped the threads. i taped it and used a bolt instead of the stud . it tightened up great, thank God.
92-jeep-motor-mount.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.