92 yj build - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 92 yj build

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-01-2008, 01:01 PM   #151
lollygagger8
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Ahhh, but you wouldn't appreciate your Jeep that much if you didn't do the work yourself

Kudos on your build though seriously

Unread 12-01-2008, 06:42 PM   #152
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
Ahhh, but you wouldn't appreciate your Jeep that much if you didn't do the work yourself

Kudos on your build though seriously

thanks, you fixed your t case yet?

anybody want to tell me what they have invested in there rides?

I really need to get the anti wrap bar done. I just dont like driving it rite now. i can grab the rear tire and rock it back and forth and the pinion yoke moves up and down way to easy.
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'

Last edited by bigsquat; 12-03-2008 at 09:49 AM..
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 10:38 AM   #153
richmond1273
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
I really need to get the anti wrap bar done. I just dont like driving it rite now. i can grab the rear tire and rock it back and forth and the pinion yoke moves up and down way to easy.
this really isn't good!! you really shouldn't need a anti wrap on a sua, do you have any broken leafs? when i was putting a bastard spring pack together i found that there where several broken springs in the old pack i didn't know about until i took it apart.

1995 Wrangler 4.0 AX15 NP231 D30 & 35 4.10 gears
3" Rough Country suspension 33x12.50 Mastercraft MT

2007 JK 3.8 42RLE Auto NV241 D30 & D44 4.10 gears
richmond1273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #154
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Do you really want to know how much i have invested in my jeep in the 3 years i have owned it.

Also, your jeep seems to be coming along great.
1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

My Rigrator score 535RRv1.0 BOA 25
93jeepREDSOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 12:24 PM   #155
snkwired
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I think right now i am sitting at around $9,000 which includes an exhaust mod over the weekend that cost almost 700 (trip to ER from Grinder accident)
snkwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2008, 10:00 AM   #156
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmond1273 View Post
this really isn't good!! you really shouldn't need a anti wrap on a sua, do you have any broken leafs? when i was putting a bastard spring pack together i found that there where several broken springs in the old pack i didn't know about until i took it apart.
you could be right, but you think i would have noticed something with i had them off the jeep and wire brushed and painted them. i almost thought that maybe the front and rear springs were swaped. the spring pack with the most leafs goes in the front ,right? Its getting looser every time i drive it. i have retorked the bolts also.
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 12-03-2008, 11:19 AM   #157
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepREDSOX View Post
Do you really want to know how much i have invested in my jeep in the 3 years i have owned it.

Also, your jeep seems to be coming along great.
i went and looked at your build and remembered reading it before. I used the pic of your front bumper to get ideas on making mine, thanks. I saw one post showing about $7500 in parts and counting! I quess im doing ok. I wish i had your$ when i was your age! I had to turn it pop bottles to getgas for my motorcycle. Nice jeep by the way. At the end of your thread you were ask about your gear ratio but you didnt give an answer?
Unread 12-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #158
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkwired View Post
I think right now i am sitting at around $9,000 which includes an exhaust mod over the weekend that cost almost 700 (trip to ER from Grinder accident)
i looked at your profile and it dosent show any mods. whats the $9000 include. besidesthe xhaust
I did a grinder to my arm a long tine ago, darn that hurts,and it takes a long time to heal.
Unread 12-03-2008, 11:37 AM   #159
richmond1273
1995 YJ Wrangler 

iirc the front is 4 leafs and the rear is 5 leafs

found this on another board:
'87-'90 YJ:

4 leaves in the front only, 39.75" long, and a rate of 128 pounds/inch stock and 203 pounds/inch optional (6 cyl and/or hard top).

Rear has 5 leaves stock and 6 leaves optional, 46" long, and a rate of 170 pounds/inch stock and 237 pounds optional (6 cyl and/or hard top).

'91-'95 YJ:

4 leaves in the front only, 45" long, and a rate of 113 pounds/inch stock and nothing optional.

Rear has 5 leaves only, 45.6" long, with a rate of 170 pounds/inch, nothing optional (no heavy duty).

with that amount of spring rate difference that might be your problem.

1995 Wrangler 4.0 AX15 NP231 D30 & 35 4.10 gears
3" Rough Country suspension 33x12.50 Mastercraft MT

2007 JK 3.8 42RLE Auto NV241 D30 & D44 4.10 gears
richmond1273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #160
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmond1273 View Post
iirc the front is 4 leafs and the rear is 5 leafs

with that amount of spring rate difference that might be your problem.

you are right, i went back to look at so of my pics of the front springs before i took it apart, just to make sure i didnt swap them. Sure enough the p.o. put them in wrong. I remember thinking that the front hard more leafs because of the front being heavier. I was kind of looking forward to fabbing my own anti wrap bar. It feels good to get a problem solved i hope. thanks for the help. Now i just have to swap them . I hate doing things twice!
92jeepspringperch-009.jpg  

Last edited by bigsquat; 12-04-2008 at 05:15 PM..
Unread 12-04-2008, 05:29 PM   #161
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I still havnt swapped the springs yet, but i did get another set of yj flares and a trunk for the back of the jeep. I now have 2 sets of front and i set of back flares. the fronts i already had are an 1" wider than the others. the second set are off a stock tj and the first set are off a rubicon. I couldnt find the rubicons for the rear. at least not for $10 a piece like i paid for the ones i have. i got the 4 tj flares and the trunk for $65. The trunk was also from a tj and he had captive nuts that held it in place. my yj doesnt have them so i was wondering if i could use a # 14x1" tek to screw it ion or do i have to remove the plastic inside the fender well and use nuts and bolts. the tek would be faster but i was wandering if theres things like wiring or fuel hoses to worry about hitting?
tj-flares-trunk-003.jpg   tj-flares-trunk-001.jpg   tj-flares-trunk-002.jpg  
Unread 12-05-2008, 11:41 PM   #162
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

im not going to swap the springs , im ordered some rc springs for the rear. so im going to run the rear springs up front still. they dont seem to stiff since there well broken in. the ones that are on the rear rite now seem way to soft to use anymore. so i basicly have two rears
Unread 12-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #163
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I screwed the trunk down and closed the tail gate to test the lock . and to my dismay the key wouldnt unlock. so there i am with the back window up and i cant put it down because i cant get the tail gate open. with the trunk in now i cant get to the lock mechanism to see whats wrong. I had to drill a big hole and use a stiff wire to hook the arm. the plastic clip had broke of the rod the comes from the key latch
Unread 12-12-2008, 11:06 PM   #164
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i got my rear springs from rc and put them in today. they only have 4 leafs like the ones i had on there . they seem about as flex as what i had. I thought that they would have 5 leafs? I had to remove the steel shim that came with the springs since my perches are not in the stock location. If i still get axle wrap i could do the anti wrap bar or maybe take the bottom spring of the procomp and add it to the rc spring pac. i haven't test driven it yet because i need to finish beefing up my truss mounting brackets. when i was at pismo i think i got a little to much air. i doubled the thickness and added a side support to transfer some of the load.

i had to make a shorter spring pin after removing the shim
92-jeep-rc-rear-springs-003.jpg   92-jeep-rc-rear-springs-002.jpg   shock-truss-001.jpg  
Unread 12-13-2008, 12:43 AM   #165
x-Shadow-x

Wow, its looking good. I cant wait to see it totally finished.
x-Shadow-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.