'92 Yj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > '92 Yj

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-10-2008, 01:23 AM   #1
sdodge
1992 YJ Wrangler 

'92 Yj

I got my jeep the first week of May, this year. It came with 28'' ridge runners on it, the only thing i've changed so far is putting on 31'' bfg M/T. I want to lift it a little bit, for more clearance. I broke the tailpipe offroading a month back, but welded it back into place. Want to make sure I'm prepared before I go offroad again!

sdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2008, 06:18 AM   #2
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdodge View Post
I got my jeep the first week of May, this year. It came with 28'' ridge runners on it, the only thing i've changed so far is putting on 31'' bfg M/T. I want to lift it a little bit, for more clearance. I broke the tailpipe offroading a month back, but welded it back into place. Want to make sure I'm prepared before I go offroad again!

click free,

Nice jeep too by the way!
--- 2.5L | 5SPD | 31" Goodyear Authority A/T | Ramsey 8000 Winch | Rubicon Rocker Guards ---
My Progress Page
esad_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
sdodge
1992 YJ Wrangler 

much appreciated

any recommendations on what i should work on?

ideally, i'd like to be able to do some decent wheeling, i would like to do something with the shackles not sure what it's called, but it would give me a little bit more clearance. i'd also like to cut or otherwise modify the tailpipe so that i wouldn't have to worry about putting it in the mud when backing up on a slope (did that once, huge pain.)
Unread 07-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #4
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

No problem.

Well personally i like the way it sits with those tires.

Start of by putting on recovery points front and back. You need some tow hooks on the front bumper (cheap and easy to do) also the back.

Then id get some additional lights perhaps some fog lights place them also on the bumper.. there is some in the for sale forum Sale Forum

And about the leaf springs i know what you mean, you can take them to a shop and they can bend them out even more which would give you more height.

And dont even worry about the tail pipe, break over angle on the TJ/YJ is amazing you wont bent the pipe unless you do like crazy incline

But very nice Jeep! and if your spare tire is like your other 4 tires ditch the tire cover
--- 2.5L | 5SPD | 31" Goodyear Authority A/T | Ramsey 8000 Winch | Rubicon Rocker Guards ---
My Progress Page
Unread 07-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
Asored2000
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, that YJ is in pristine condition! The interior is beautiful. Nice find and good luck.
Unread 07-10-2008, 06:22 PM   #6
RoverJeep90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I would consider putting a 2.5" lift on that Jeep. That would put it at a really nice stance.

Here's what my red YJ looked like with the 31's on 2.5"

By the way, I have the tow hooks that were mentioned before. I'll second that upgrade. Saved me a few times already.
Sony CDX-GT300 | Kicker ZX500.1 | Kicker ZX350.4 | Kicker ZX200.2 | Kicker L5 Solobaric Sub | Kicker 6x9's | Apline 6.5's | Boston 4x6's
Truckstop CB Antenna | Class 3 Hitch
RoverJeep90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2008, 07:36 PM   #7
Capricorn
2002 WJ 

That is indeed a clean YJ, looks hella good.

I second the notion on getting some aux lighting, some KC's on the bumper would look good.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #8
sdodge
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, all of them are great and I plan on completing most of those mods, just need some disposable income at this point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverJeep90 View Post
I would consider putting a 2.5" lift on that Jeep. That would put it at a really nice stance.

Here's what my red YJ looked like with the 31's on 2.5"

By the way, I have the tow hooks that were mentioned before. I'll second that upgrade. Saved me a few times already.
I really like how your Jeep sits, that would be an ideal amount of clearance for me. Not too much to keep it from being a DD, but enough for going wheeling. Will I be able to run that setup without regearing or worry about the Dana 35 in the back? I'm not very knowledgable about either of those things but I have read a lot about people adjusting them.

Also, where did you find those tow hooks? I really like how they look. Were they hard to install?
Unread 07-11-2008, 05:08 AM   #9
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdodge View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, all of them are great and I plan on completing most of those mods, just need some disposable income at this point!

I really like how your Jeep sits, that would be an ideal amount of clearance for me. Not too much to keep it from being a DD, but enough for going wheeling. Will I be able to run that setup without regearing or worry about the Dana 35 in the back? I'm not very knowledgable about either of those things but I have read a lot about people adjusting them.

Also, where did you find those tow hooks? I really like how they look. Were they hard to install?
Dont worry about the re gear i believe that only matters when you start looking at bigger tires like 33" and up. So youll be fine with your stock gearing. the D35 i believe will be fine, again your looking into trouble running bigger tires.

The Tow hooks i bought one about a week ago for my TJ but its the exact same one, it was about 10$. I believe over in the USA they say pepboys, autozone.. any 4x4 shop will have them for around 10-20$.
My Progress Page
Unread 07-11-2008, 07:18 PM   #10
Jebussaves0
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Are you in currently in Blacksburg? I'm living off Progress Street right now and would be happy to help you work on it and/or go wheeling.

- Steve
Jebussaves0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2008, 10:36 PM   #11
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

that is by far the cleanest YJ ive seen to date.

i mean come on, even the wheel wells are clean!!!

Nice rig, good luck we are here to help
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2008, 08:50 AM   #12
sdodge
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebussaves0 View Post
Are you in currently in Blacksburg? I'm living off Progress Street right now and would be happy to help you work on it and/or go wheeling.

- Steve
haha yeah, i'm down off north main street. that'd be sweet, i'd love to go wheeling with another jeeper

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.