92 XJ -Trash Goes out Tuesday Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 92 XJ -Trash Goes out Tuesday Build

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineArtec JK Under Armor Bellypan

Unread 04-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

92 XJ -Trash Goes out Tuesday Build

The XJ was actually the first Jeep I bought, but just about ALL of my Jeep funds go into my WK. I've decided to split the funds and share with people some of my ideas I'm having for the XJ.

Currently it's got a custom 6'' Lift with 33'' General Grabber M/T's, a CB, modified bushwhackers, and a cheap piece of crap radio. She clocked over 200,000 miles this week.

Few Pic's below

Winter Pic

Some things that I will definitely be doing.

ARB Deluxe Bar with Winch Mount
Warn Rock Crawler Rear Bumper
Volant CAI for the 4.0L
DynoMax Super Turbo Cat Back Kit
GoodYear M/TR - 35's is what I'm upping to this year
Longer front/rear bumpstops
Light Bar with KC HILITES and an accessory switch panel
Custom Fabricated Cargo Roof Rack
Steering dampener
Rock Rails because I've just about trashed them and the exterior side panel.
Going to need to do some work on the swaybar/trackbar - Not much offroad application. But I like to drive both Jeeps during the week, and don't like the Jeeps just sit'n around doing nothin'. Just makes it a little more stable on the road, untill I get something to tow the XJ around in.

Unread 04-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

So this is why the WK hasnt been getting as many mods lately. Hmm hmm hmm!

Lol, jk. Looks nice, would make a nice tow rig for the WK! Haha, or a better trail rig..
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 06:27 AM   #3
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Yeah... the WK has been getting divided attention (financially)... I was going to do a TC and Engine swap for the WK in the future. But.... while thats still a possibility. The only mods i'm going to be adding to the WK this year will probably be the complete 4xGuard matrix system in addition to full skids underneathe (front, belly, rock rails, and rear)
Unread 04-13-2011, 06:43 AM   #4
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_WK
Yeah... the WK has been getting divided attention (financially)... I was going to do a TC and Engine swap for the WK in the future. But.... while thats still a possibility. The only mods i'm going to be adding to the WK this year will probably be the complete 4xGuard matrix system in addition to full skids underneathe (front, belly, rock rails, and rear)
you will be as extreme as gary! No one has ever done that! Lol

A tc swap seems like it would be pretty difficult. Sounds like fun! but put some money into this thing to make it nice too
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 04:49 AM   #5
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

cool Cherokee man, and i noticed something funky with the rear BWs but what did you do to "custimize" them?

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #6
Woodsygcl
2006 WK 

Oh the things I would run over....

nice rug man!
Blue Jeep Club Member #6 XK/WK Club Member #14
Woodsygcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 08:38 AM   #7
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Tofu.. I had to cut them.. they were designed for the XJ Sport - the BW's in the rear come up just a bit... short

Sent from my DROIDX using JeepForum
Unread 07-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #8
Dubtype1
2006 XK Commander 

Great stance! I like these OG Cherokees, one day I will own one.

Can you elaborate on your 6" lift and how it was achieved? I have a friend with a '97 that wants to lift it, but it will not be a rock crawler (it's only a 2wd).
Unread 07-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

The mechanical genius for this was done by a very good friend. But the only thing thats really custom about it is the fact that there was no kit that we used... It was more like an opportunistic experiment, lol. If you want to know the mechanical working behind it... It was fairly straight forward, track bars/swaybars were disconnected, custom springs and shocks were thrown in. It's much easier to do for SA configuration. longer bumpstops were put in to prevent extensive rubbing from flex. The transfercase was dropped a little bit. Only thing thats not stock on this thing is the actual suspension components. Some cutting and a little welding was done at the control arm locations. I don't have a writeup for this and it was lifted over 3 years ago. =/
Unread 07-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #10
Dubtype1
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_WK View Post
The mechanical genius for this was done by a very good friend. But the only thing thats really custom about it is the fact that there was no kit that we used... It was more like an opportunistic experiment, lol. If you want to know the mechanical working behind it... It was fairly straight forward, track bars/swaybars were disconnected, custom springs and shocks were thrown in. It's much easier to do for SA configuration. longer bumpstops were put in to prevent extensive rubbing from flex. The transfercase was dropped a little bit. Only thing thats not stock on this thing is the actual suspension components. Some cutting and a little welding was done at the control arm locations. I don't have a writeup for this and it was lifted over 3 years ago. =/
Would a 97 model have the same kind of set up?
Unread 07-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #11
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

The more important question is will his 2WD have the same configuration. And the honest truth is I don't know... I don't even know what a 2WD XJ looks like underneath, lol.
Unread 07-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #12
Dubtype1
2006 XK Commander 

Lol, its just a weekend driver.....but he wants to lift it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.