92 XJ build military style - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 92 XJ build military style

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail TJ, YJ and CJ A/T Fender Flares available @ Oconee Off-Roa*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 04-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
Armycherokee
1992 XJ Cherokee 

92 XJ build military style

I am starting out with a bone stock xj the pervious owner used it as a trail jeep and trimmed the fenders and put 33s on it it had the 4.0L high output with the aw4 automatic transmission the jeep has over 233000 miles I have changed plugs, wires,fuel filter, oil and filter and given it a fresh Od paint job.
I will be replacing the starter today after work. I am not sure on what type of lift I want yet I am open to suggestions. I will be beefing up the axles with lockers and new shafts.
Other than that I'm open to what you guys think will be best I will get pics up as soon as I can figure out how to get them off my iPhone cause I don't have a computer at home nor Internet I will have to do my updating while at work where we have wifi

Armycherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
Armycherokee
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Here some pics when I got it and after the paint job

image-2970520543.jpg

image-3979335589.jpg
Unread 05-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #3
Armycherokee
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Recent things I have done so far is new starter cleaned the neutral safety switch now I have a coolant leak where the hoses go into the heater core and I'm having problems finding the part
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Armycherokee
1992 XJ Cherokee 

image-711727107.jpg

I just took it out and put the two lines coming from the engine into each other and clamped them together so I don't have heat now but don't really need it anyway.
I also replaced the crank shaft postion sensor.
Unread 05-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
Armycherokee
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Ok so far progress has been slow but I'm still having a problem with it wanting to miss fire while driving I think I need to replace my cap and rotor. Next thing I'm thinking about doing are to start ordering parts for my lift kit piece by piece.
Unread 05-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
luke7575
2003 LJ Wrangler 

are u looking for the hose or that spider connection system, if hose go to autozone i bought mine there, i had ur same problem
luke7575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #7
Armycherokee
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Alright got the engine running good now I'm looking at suspension parts I'm looking at iron man control arms with johnny joints and track bar and their extreme duty tie rod ends.
And rustys springs and leaf packs I'm going 4.5 in lift
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #8
Armycherokee
1992 XJ Cherokee 

What else do I need I am also looking at rough country shocks maybe ome shocks not sure yet

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.