92 two door xj auto build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 92 two door xj auto build

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
srhcherokee24
2000 XJ Cherokee 

92 two door xj auto build

I just pick up my third two door automatic xj.

Photobucket

Unread 03-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
srhcherokee24
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I went and picked up a 4.5 inch lift kit from rough country just to get me out on the trails. I plan on putting a long arm kit on in the summer.

Photobucket
Unread 03-27-2011, 11:14 PM   #3
srhcherokee24
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I put the new lower control arms, coils and new shocks today. I had to drill a new hole for my trac bar, witch i really didnt want to do be cause Im going to put a adjustable one on, along with the trac bar drop bracket on. Im also not using sway bars in this one. I didnt have them at all in my 93 with a 6inch lift and 33s. It drove fine on the high way no problem so Im going to do the same. Does anyone know if the sway bar links for a 4.5 inch kit will work with a 3inch kit that i have on my 2000 xj???? I also am on the hunt for some new rims and tires but dont know what i want to do yet.

I figured i would throw a picture of my old 93 up here I had to give it up just for the simple fact the body was so water logged it was rusting from the inside out lol it was beatin for five years and did me well

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Im putting the new leaf springs on tomorrow. I was very suprised that the bolts holding the shocks in the body didnt snap off. I bought the rear shock shackles for the rear so it doesn't make that knocking noice is the rear.

Photobucket
Unread 03-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #4
srhcherokee24
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well today was something else. I notice the nut inside of the frame that you would bolt the front end of the leaf spring up to broke off inside the frame. So i gave rustys offroad a call and they told me to cut a hole in the bottom of the frame to get to it. Well I did that but instead of reusing the nut i just threw a bolt all the way threw to the inside of the frame and put some washers on the end, then slid the nut on the end and tight'nd it up. I dont know what its going to do wheeling but Ill just keep a spare nut and but on hand just in case.

Photobucket

well after cutting the **** out of my hand today i got the leaf springs on and called it a day.

Photobucket

I still have to install the rear shocks, I put the extended shock mounts on though. I still have to figure out what im going to do about the rear brake line. I really dont like to mess with them so i might take it to my buddys shop to do it. But this is what it lookes like right now with the stock tires.

Photobucket

plans for the next week:
cutting front fenders
taking the rear fender flares off
getting brakes taking care of
Unread 07-11-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
srhcherokee24
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well I haven't updated this in a while so now its time in the last couple mounths I've done a lot. I got a set of incubus allow rims and a set of 31-10.50 hankook mtrs . I also installed a jks adjustable track bar with the johny joints. went ahead and had my buddy jay from jay-fab-offroad.com make me a winch mount. I've had a 8000 hobo fright winch siting in my room fo the past two years and now I finally get to put it on. My friend has had that same winch on his xj for a couple years and he hasn't had a problem so I'm going to give it a try. But I had my bud make that winch mount pretty simple for now and we are going to build a bumper out of it when winter comes.
Unread 07-12-2011, 12:04 AM   #6
srhcherokee24
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Here are some pictures. I also did a cowl induction system. I kinda wich I would have painted it but its what ever.
forumrunner_20110712_020103.jpg   forumrunner_20110712_020118.jpg   forumrunner_20110712_020143.jpg   forumrunner_20110712_020212.jpg   forumrunner_20110712_020226.jpg  

forumrunner_20110712_020404.jpg  
Unread 08-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #7
srhcherokee24
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well today I went and tested out the new winch and winch bracket. It worked great didn't have any problems with it. Then I took it to the shop and put it on the articulation ramp and checked everything. I see a locker in the rear in the near future.
forumrunner_20110801_201244.jpg   forumrunner_20110801_201317.jpg   forumrunner_20110801_201339.jpg  
Unread 08-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
srhcherokee24
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I also checked to see if their was any water in the air box and I was happy to see none that was a great mod

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.