91 YJ SLOOOOW Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 91 YJ SLOOOOW Build

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 11-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #61
CleverNameHere
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Well, this Turkey weekend went by alright, got the winch and soft top on my Jeep: The top was a pain in my *** I even heated it up in front of the heaters in our house, found the least windy spot in the sun and set them there for a bit too, but it's on!!
(Gunna make a cover for the winch out of my old soft top)
[IMG][/IMG]
Having some problems with the damn doors though, the plastic crap inserts are lost so I need to buy new ones:
[IMG][/IMG]
Also got some stickers on it named her "Guppy"
[IMG][/IMG]
And a pic of the back with the Monster sticker also:
[IMG][/IMG]

CleverNameHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #62
Damon1995
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverNameHere View Post
why the need for 2 inches wider??
more stablilty being 4 inches wider and it baloons the tire out more and looks way cooler than a 15x8 rim
Damon1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #63
CleverNameHere
1991 YJ Wrangler 

These wheels are pretty offset though, I like em though, I've grown accustomed to em
Unread 01-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #64
CleverNameHere
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Got some plastic door inserts for cheap on amazon, doors are much better now
Finished the Front flares with some crappy rattle can paint that I very much dislike
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
(and yes I fixed the paint runs)
The other day I parked next to a stock TJ at school
[IMG][/IMG]
Then I took a day and did some wheeling
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
The flex is horrible!! But first on my list is the front brakes.... Because As I was driving home, my front driver caliper suddenly started sticking... jerking me into oncoming traffic, So I pulled to the side and the pads and rotors were smoking and hissing... Not good... So I had to get towed home
[IMG][/IMG]
Since this is my daily driver, I had to do something about the caliper... Solution:
[IMG][/IMG]
I know, It's hideous, and unsafe, but moms forcing me to take it to our mechanic instead of just letting me change the caliper. But our mechanic is on vacation right now.
Unread 01-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #65
CleverNameHere
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Well, I got some good news, and some bad news.
The good new is that I got a stereo in my jeep and went and bought 2 new calipers, put em on, bled the piss out of em, and they work!!.. For about 5 seconds, then it's pedal to the floor, now I need to go figure out whats wrong, my best guess is my proportioning valve is faulty, and either I need to fix it or it needs replaced, any comments about this problem is very much welcomed.
On another note, whilst cleaning her, I checked my oil... 1/4 inch Milky white horrible fluid on the dipstick means there's water in my engine any idea what could cause this besides a bad head gasket or condensation?? Also a DIY fix that'll fit my high school budget??
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:58 AM   #66
CleverNameHere
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Took her wheeling today, just couldn't quite make it up this hill without some extra weight, what I would give for a locker
[IMG][/IMG]
Also took the doors off to enjoy the sun!!
[IMG][/IMG]
I thought it looked pretty photogenic covered in mud

I hope the video works BTW
Unread 05-11-2013, 04:23 AM   #67
kgb_m3
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey dude, any updates on the build?
kgb_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #68
CleverNameHere
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb_m3 View Post
Hey dude, any updates on the build?
I've been working my tail off at work coming up with money to do everything I want to do this summer, been runnin around fixin other people's rigs, gettin some side money and what not, so far it's been tedious working on her, only difference is some new stickers and a 15" sub woofer with a 400 watt amp and I'll be gettin new door tops tuesday for the hard top I've got that needs a back window.... And don't laugh.. but they're orange...
On a second note I might have found a diamond in the rough with a new (to me) engine, I don't want to get too many hopes up in case the deal doesn't pull through, but it has 90,000 miles on it and rhymes with tree fiddy
Unread 07-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #69
CleverNameHere
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I actually did put on this front stinger bumper that I built, not finished yet, aint sturdy enough for me
[IMG][/IMG]
Unread 08-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #70
CleverNameHere
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Welp, I got the truck, it's a 78 Chevy Scottsdale with a 350 under the hood and an auto tranny that feels like a th350, the 350 has been rebuilt with a rebuild kit set up for towing, it's pushin 330 HP right now and on a final thought... It's amazing.
Of course, a pic of the engine:
[IMG][/IMG]
I took a pic of the rearend as well because I'm having some trouble figuring out what it is, it's got a jeeps bolt pattern, looks like a dana 44 to me, any help please?? I couldn't find any id tags
[IMG][/IMG]
Here's the "Dashboard" mess that the PO had to install so he could get home when his wiring melted in the AZ heat
[IMG][/IMG]
I had it for a day and already hooked up NOS just kidding, I thought it'd be funny to throw this on there also you can see the electric fans instead of the fan under the hood:
[IMG][/IMG]
And finally, the amazing camo paint job done by the PO :
[IMG][/IMG]
Unread 08-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #71
CleverNameHere
1991 YJ Wrangler 

BTW, that's me and my buddy trying to figure out where to turkey tie the NOS bottle
Unread 08-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #72
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Subscribed
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #73
Colebella
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Love the sticker

Great sticker!!!
Colebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 03:47 AM   #74
kgb_m3
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Nice update! Those 350s are sweet, looking forward to this!
kgb_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #75
CleverNameHere
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you guys, my plan is to redo the whole Jeep, but still keep it within a reasonable budget, I plan on swappin out the rear axle, tranny(of course), tcase, and redoing the stereo, puttin speakers in the backs of the seats so I have some room given back in the tub. And I'll be building most of this stuff with scraps by myself, of course buying the necessary items like motor mounts and brackets and what not. However, the drive train will go in and runnin then the rest will be work on the side unless I get my lil Honda 250 enduro runnin that I just got, then I'd drive that around while the Jeep undergoes surgery.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.