91 YJ 2.5 build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 91 YJ 2.5 build

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
Tyler_chandler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

91 YJ 2.5 build

Ok so this is my first Yj. And i cant be happier with my buy. I had a 77 cj7 Sprung over on ome 1.5 springs sbc 355 4 speed atlas 2 and 4.56 gears with e lockers. Sold for 2500 to help a friend... (sad day) Just recently picked up this yj for 2000. Yes it is only a 2.5 and ax5 but if i ever intended on leaving the tired ol amc hardware in i would have searched harder. Follow closely as this build thread will move fast.. I own my own business ans work in a shop just staring at this little mud bug thinking of what to do next. Now with a list a mile long ive started ordering parts. now the order list

4" rustys offroad lift kit
MORE 5/8 shackles
33x12.50r15 cooper stt on cragar 8.5x15 (cl buy for $100!!)
Custom fab front bumper (trying to replicate the SRC smittybuilt)
Lots of metal and custom fab to come. I own a fab shop and have another with tons of welding and mechanic friends! oh lucky me

jeep.jpg  
Tyler_chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
JWBooth
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Judging from the avatar, we'll get along just fine.

Sub'd and looking forward to following the build.
-JDub
**LONG LIVE 4-LOW**LONG LIVE 4-LOW**LONG LIVE 4-LOW**
JWBooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Tyler_chandler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Well I ordered parts Saturday. Rustys lift and tb spacer. Eta thursday!! And I just did standard shipping! And must also note quadratech. They helped with high lift accessories. Ordered at the same time and will also be arriving Thursday. Have enlisted the help of my fiancÚ and 9 year old sister to bed line the interior this weekend. And wrap it in vinyl ( I know. No quick easy rattle can touch ups) but im going to incorporate my business logo and its free!!!

Today: I drained and changed all fluids (even though this 2.5 was serviced 500 miles ago)
All royal purple motor trans tc and diffs.
Also removed rear tire rack (contemplating a roof rack/ spare mount) since I only obtained 4 rims and tires in the deal it gives me time to think)
Wired up led tail lights will cut holes and mount tomorrow
And noticed master Cylinder cap was covered with rust. Being in new Mexico we don't have too many rust problems. So I was excited to use evapo-rust for my first time. I scrubbed it and rinced it. Submerged in liquid.
I noticed a 60% reduction of rust in just one hour. I left it in overnight.
Ill definitely buy more of this product!

1377099748.jpg

Name:  1377099748.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  27.9 KB
Keep Calm And Chive On!
Unread 09-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #4
Tyler_chandler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Well UPS sucks... I was so excited to hear the truck pulling away from my shop Thursday only to see two boxes and one leaf spring unpacked. I stopped the driver and his response was "that's all there was". After contacting UPS i found out that for what ever reason my three remaining leaf springs are in Albuquerque and will be delivered Wednesday. As if it all mattered work has been comming in like crazy so i havent had time to do much work just little things like LED tails and had the tires mounted to rims so i threw them on! lol a stock sprung yj with 33x12.50s looks goofy but here are some ppics of the progress..
First pic is the master cylinder cover that I used Evapo-Rust on after sitting overnight
Second is after I polished it (chemical seemed to turn rust into a scale so i dremeled it off)
Third pic is of the LED tail light install
Fourth pic is pf the new tires and cl rims mounted (surprisingly very little rub)
20130918_095702.jpg   20130918_104755.jpg   20130923_141945.jpg   20130923_171024.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.