90 MJ Comanche Build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 90 MJ Comanche Build

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 04-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #91
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

I talked with the guy I got it from and he said that he passed a Dakota that had one that looked identical, so I'm assuming that's what it is. It was probably closer to you than it was to me. I found it on craigslist through searchtempest.com. Its a great way to search multiple craigslist areas. I paid $100 for the bar, lights and hardware. 7.5 hours of driving is a long way, but I feel like it was worth it.

rymanrph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2010, 12:24 AM   #92
mca1977jpsnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymanrph View Post
They are Duratracs. The guy at Discount Tire asked me why I picked these instead of the BFG A/T. I've read some good reviews of them and they look much more aggressive than the the BFGs. So far they don't seem to be that loud either (course most of my interior is still out, so everything is loud). At $140/each, they seemed to be a pretty good deal. I'm happy so far.
I've been looking at Wallmart's Goodyear authority tire. It is a street design with REALLY deep lugs (deeper then MTRs). and pretty good $$ too. 31s are $135 ea.

Quote:
Ok, I got some new lenses for the front. I really like the front markers; they're so much better than the worn out ones I had. The side ones... I'm not so sure about yet. I kinda like them, but they're a tad ricey. They'll stay for now.
I like the clear ones - Esp.. on a darker or white truck. Tinted clears are nice too though. Tinted spray is little $$ and EZ for a DIYer.
mca1977jpsnet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2010, 08:25 AM   #93
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

I got the duratracs for $139 each.
Unread 05-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #94
Trekman8
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I got the duratracs for $139 each.
What size are they? I am looking for a 285/75r16 or a 265/75r16 for my 98XJ and the two tires i am really leaning toward are either the Goodyear Duratrac or Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ. Have any advice about the duratracs?

Black XJ on Moabs Club Member #2
Trekman8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #95
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

I haven't put too many miles on them so far, but I did take them on a 350 mile trip and I'm very pleased with their road performance. They are much quieter than I expected.
Unread 05-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #96
kabowabo
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
I talked with the guy I got it from and he said that he passed a Dakota that had one that looked identical, so I'm assuming that's what it is. It was probably closer to you than it was to me. I found it on craigslist through searchtempest.com. Its a great way to search multiple craigslist areas. I paid $100 for the bar, lights and hardware. 7.5 hours of driving is a long way, but I feel like it was worth it.
That's more than a little annoying, but I'm glad you scored one at such a deal. I'm checking searchtempest.com every other day-thanks for the tip. Great progress, maybe when you're done you can test drive it by here and give me a hand getting my turd out of the basement.
kabowabo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2010, 07:08 AM   #97
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabowabo View Post
That's more than a little annoying, but I'm glad you scored one at such a deal. I'm checking searchtempest.com every other day-thanks for the tip. Great progress, maybe when you're done you can test drive it by here and give me a hand getting my turd out of the basement.
Absolutely! I'm hoping to do the transmission swap this weekend, but who knows when the floor will be finished.
Unread 05-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #98
kabowabo
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Absolutely! I'm hoping to do the transmission swap this weekend, but who knows when the floor will be finished.
Thanks, looks like I use a little help/motivation/kick-in-the-butt. Look forward to the trans swap.
kabowabo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #99
matikos98
2008 WK 

I love MJ builds... kinda makes me wish i had one!

This is Sold but you can still look.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/m...2/#post7807352
matikos98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #100
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

Ok, so the transmission won't be going anywhere this weekend. I'll be spending all tomorrow driving to go pick up my new puppy. The Jeep will take a backseat for a little while.
Unread 06-11-2010, 07:32 AM   #101
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

Here is part of the reason this build got delayed:

Puppies take a lot of time. He's a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. That was about 2 weeks ago at 10 weeks.

Got a new gas bottle this morning, so the floor should (hopefully) be finished this weekend. The 2wd transmission has been removed and when the floor is done, we'll put in the new 4wd AX-15 with the transfer case. Pictures soon.
Unread 06-11-2010, 07:46 AM   #102
75SV1

Looks like a Jeep accesory to me. Doesn't every Jeep need a Jeep dog? Cute bugger.
Tom
75SV1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #103
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

The floor is finally done. Sorry, for the quality. It was about to storm on me. I've primed since these pictures and I'm hoping to get the seam sealer on it tonight. Once that dries, I'll paint and start working on my sound deadening. My carpet has been ordered and will be here soon.

Unread 06-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #104
mike1582cj7
1981 CJ7 

good job man, one day i will have my mj
mike1582cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #105
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

Made some more progress today. Got the seam sealer on:

And then painted (added a little undercoating on the driver side too)
Driver side:

Passenger side:

I'm getting ready to go on vacation, so I probably won't have any more updates till next week, but now that the floor is done, progress will be made pretty quickly. I know floor patching isn't that exciting, but any progress to me is awesome.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.