89 YJ Fell Into My Lap: SquareLamps' Slow Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 89 YJ Fell Into My Lap: SquareLamps' Slow Build

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 03-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #16
SquareLamps
WI Wants an OHV Park

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrest21 View Post
Looks great. How's the 2.5L running with those tires? Any drag?
Thanks. It's a dog. 5th gear useless. I have plans for a 8.8 in the rear and 4.88 gears. It'll be golden then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigev View Post
Looks good man, I like the rear tire carrier.
Appreciate you taking the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike300 View Post
Water proof them fan relays and wires
So when are we going to do that?! Unlike you, I try to avoid mud. I hate cleaning.

2.5L 4" RC w/ 5/8" shackles & N2.0 shocks, 33x12.5 Goodyear MT/R Kevlars on 15x8 Pro Comp 51 wheels, Superwinch X9 w/ remote solenoids, SRC front bumper, custom rear bumper/carrier/jerry can rack, Warn rocker guards, Hi-Lift jack, Cobra HH 38WX handheld, electric fan mod

SquareLamps' Slow YJ Build
SquareLamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #17
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good bro! Hope to be seeing more and more of it now that you're finally making more appearances on the forum!
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #18
SquareLamps
WI Wants an OHV Park

1989 YJ Wrangler 

New Mirrors

When I took ownership of my YJ, it only had a driver's side mirror. At some point I got some relocation brackets and moved it to the windshield. I was in a "doors off as much as I could" kind of phase. The mirror was on it's last leg and it was actually difficult to see past the door skins. It was obvious that if I get my hands on a passenger mirror and mounted it on the windshield I wouldn't be able to see it at all. Actually got the Rugged Ridge pass. mirror for Christmas 2013. Just now installing it. Bought the driver side with birthday money. The passenger side didn't have any thread bosses on the mounting hinge, so had to make some. BFH and impact driver required to get the hinge off so I could drill holes and make threads. 1/4-20. Also 2-3 threads had to be cut off the provided fasteners, because of bottoming. Pleased with the look and quality of the new mirrors. they were like $50 a piece. Also, happy to be wrenching on the YJ again after a long cold winter that doesn't seem to want to let up.

Glass came out while removing the old mirror.

Shiny new.

Cutting and chasing.

Back to stock config. May have to use the relocation brackets for lights or something.

2.5L 4" RC w/ 5/8" shackles & N2.0 shocks, 33x12.5 Goodyear MT/R Kevlars on 15x8 Pro Comp 51 wheels, Superwinch X9 w/ remote solenoids, SRC front bumper, custom rear bumper/carrier/jerry can rack, Warn rocker guards, Hi-Lift jack, Cobra HH 38WX handheld, electric fan mod

Unread 03-22-2014, 01:47 AM   #19
Bigev
KCCO

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I love seeing snapon :P haha
Unread 03-22-2014, 06:33 PM   #20
Timglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareLamps View Post
Also, happy to be wrenching on the YJ again after a long cold winter that doesn't seem to want to let up.
Yeah it sure has been a long one. On the upside it's been great snow-wheeling. How do ya like those tires your running, have ya hit the trails with em?

Nice looking trail rig ya got there. Bare fenders look just like a Jeep should but it has it's down side.

I wheeled without flares for bout 6 years and had a devil of a time with mud splash. The Xenon 9070 flares are now taking the flinging and I can see out the windows and windshield. The 9070's are for the TJ's but work well on the YJ with cut fenders.
Timglide is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #21
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Subbed, looks pretty good so far!
Unread 03-22-2014, 10:49 PM   #22
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Funny thing is I bought my bikini top, half can setup from this guy lol. Can't wait to pull the jeep out to put it in again

YES.
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 03:05 PM   #23
SquareLamps
WI Wants an OHV Park

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timglide View Post
Yeah it sure has been a long one. On the upside it's been great snow-wheeling. How do ya like those tires your running, have ya hit the trails with em?

Nice looking trail rig ya got there. Bare fenders look just like a Jeep should but it has it's down side.

I wheeled without flares for bout 6 years and had a devil of a time with mud splash. The Xenon 9070 flares are now taking the flinging and I can see out the windows and windshield. The 9070's are for the TJ's but work well on the YJ with cut fenders.
didn't have much mud wheeling it in CA. the midwest is a different story. everyone is all about mud here, and i'll need to get some 6" flares at some point. i like the bushwacker flat style from just seeing pictures. i did some very mild wheeling with the mtrs but its been a garage queen this winter. an 89 which spent its entire life in CA, is going to go off like a rust bomb if driven in the winter.

Unread 03-28-2014, 06:53 PM   #24
SquareLamps
WI Wants an OHV Park

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hardware changeout

The fasteners that come with the Warn rock sliders are just painted. As soon as you use an allen wrench on them the paint gets scratched off, then they explode with rust. Replaced with stainless.

Unread 03-30-2014, 05:26 PM   #25
SquareLamps
WI Wants an OHV Park

1989 YJ Wrangler 

New Headlights

Installed some Sylvania Silverstars to replace my current seal-beams that have developed condensation inside them. It made it into the 40's today with some sun, so it was a good day to work a little on the jeep. Don't forget the dielectric grease.

Unread 07-08-2014, 12:31 PM   #26
ldso
abidin'

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareLamps View Post
On my way to class up in North Sacramento.....got rear-ended
Sorry about the accident! I never know why people bother tailgating a 2.5L on big tires Eventually folks usually realize, oh yeah, this appears to be the vehicle's top speed Haha.

Anyways love the YJ man, keep up the good work!

Actually, it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."
ldso is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.