Wait, why is the guy with a TJ building an XJ?
I picked up this old 88 XJ for $0 from a local guy. It didn't run and he just wanted it out of his driveway.
Here's the specs:
88 XJ Laredo
4.0L (non HO)
So I flat towed it home and stuck it in the driveway to wait for some warmer weather so I could work on it.
- zero body damage, not even so much as a dent
- visually, nothing wrong under the hood
- interior in ok shape
- decent motor/transmission
- never been off road
- undercoating had kept the underside from rusting
- steering column was messed, badly
- igniton wouldn't turn (related to column problem)
- some rust on body
- ugly *** aluminum side steps
- driver and passenger seats are messed (won't adjust)
- center console cracked
- shifter was messed up (also related to column problem)
- hood latches not working
- dead battery
- at one time it had a body mounted spare tire carrier that has since been hacked off but the mounts are still there
- needs new windshield
- power locks not working, some power windows not working