'86 Comanche Engine Swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > '86 Comanche Engine Swap

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 07-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #1
ClassicMark
1986 MJ Comanche 

'86 Comanche Engine Swap

I am looking to swap out my 2.8l engine. It is starting to knock and I need to figure out the best swap for this engine. I know that the 3.4 is the easiest... but there are power issues and longevity issues with it.

I am planning on doing a complete swap, engine, trans, transfer if needed. I want to keep the front and rear axles for now.

I have seen multiple threads on many forums about swaps but there are issues raised about engines not fitting in the '86 but they fit in the '87 and later. I don't mind the work and can deal with the cost that will be incurred IF I know that everything will fit and will be compatible.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

ClassicMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.