post #1 of Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
jbparisi
2003 TJ Wrangler 

85 CJ7 AMC 20 Detroit Locker question

So I put in Detroit Lockers in my 85 CJ7 AMC20 a few years back. They are working great and have never had any issues or strange noises. On my last off-road trip, I dragged the bottom of the AMC20 on some rocks which pealed back the diff cover and caused a leak. I tried to get it to re-seal by gently nudging (ie hammering) the diff cover to the diff to no avail. so I had to crack the seal and put in a new gasket. While I had the cover off I noticed some odd scrape marks on the lockers. The attached picture shows the scrapes in the highlighted area.

So my question for all of you --- has anyone seen this ? is this 'normal' ?Anything I need to be concerned about ? Ideas as to what may have caused it if not normal ?

Thanks !

Attached Thumbnails
AMC20 Locker w highlight.jpg  
post #2 of Old 11-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Rahndee
1984 CJ7 

Please tell me you got the answer to this, came across it and was hoping someone got you on the right track!