84 cj 7.5 lcog - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 84 cj 7.5 lcog

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 09-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #91
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

sweet tank...get it from summt?...im getting ready to order one from them for the daily....they didn't have an alum. one that would fit here I wanted so im having to settle for the abs tank...and my son live somewhere near you I think..ackworth and where you are are close correct?

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #92
84jeepcj7rock

Yeah the tank came from Summit. We have a store in Atlanta. There are so many shiny things its hard not to buy anything. I live near Kennesaw Mountain which is about 10 miles from Acworth.
84jeepcj7rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:53 AM   #93
84jeepcj7rock

Since I decided to raise the rear frame section to hug the bottom of the tub I had to make a decision. I can drop it back down to go under the rear lip of the tub or I can French the tub aroun the frame. Since the fuel cell is going behind the seat, no since in giving away ground clearance. I will cut another hole in the center for a receiver hitch.

image-1926557133.jpg
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:54 AM   #94
84jeepcj7rock

I will box these areas in an it will be stronger than stock.
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:58 AM   #95
84jeepcj7rock

2" rear bumper to match the front. I'll angle the ends at 45 deg and cap them to match the front. The YJ tailgate is toast after backing into a tree on Rattlerock in WindRock ORV. It will get a CJ tailgate

image-630697617.jpg
Unread 09-24-2013, 05:05 AM   #96
84jeepcj7rock

I have several more pics of the rear frame section and body mounts but the file size is too large. Anyhow, here is the progress. Hope to have the rear section welded on this week.

image-2826944700.jpg
Unread 09-24-2013, 05:10 AM   #97
84jeepcj7rock

I have heard a lot of discussion on this forum re: rear axle width especially concerning the 8.8 axle swap. Everybody seems concerned about having an axle that is 1-2" narrow in the rear. I like having my rear axle narrow. It help to navigate tight sections o trail. I know that if I can get my front tires through, then I can get my rear through. Even in the middle of a tight turn.
Unread 09-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #98
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Aww yea...looking nice and clean
I measured my clearance the other day for some reason...32" to frame 36" to rockers and 14" to diffs...I tried to stay low but I don't guess it's too bad for an ouch gravity hurts rig...Aaay

Unread 09-24-2013, 05:42 AM   #99
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock View Post
I have heard a lot of discussion on this forum re: rear axle width especially concerning the 8.8 axle swap. Everybody seems concerned about having an axle that is 1-2" narrow in the rear. I like having my rear axle narrow. It help to navigate tight sections o trail. I know that if I can get my front tires through, then I can get my rear through. Even in the middle of a tight turn.
That's a real good point...one I hadn't really thought of, being that I run such large aggressive tires on my 44 front, I had to make sacrifices...one is unroll I can dump buttloads of cash into it I can't locker up...and here's the main loss to prevent blowing axle joints I only use 5.75 inches of my almost 8 lock to lock...so I tend to 3 point turn a lot....and have relied heavily on my sliders in the past to help me navigate tight spots...most of my wheeling experience has been in moderately hilly river bottoms/flood areas terrorised by large groups of 4wheelers...so my rig is slightly designed towards that in that the rear tires are offset by almost 6"(as if using outers only on a dually setup) per side to stagger tracking in heavily rutted areas....never thought about going narrower to accomplish same result....so thanks, definitely going to check out axle options on narrowing my 60...wife's gonna strangle me...and sorry for the long winded narrative...

Unread 09-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #100
84jeepcj7rock

All lined up. Decided to use the rails from the soft top to help line everything up before I started welding. Did I mention how much I hate dealing with Line-X.

image-899980632.jpg
Unread 09-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #101
84jeepcj7rock

She is all back together. I drew an arc to see how far up I could cut before I got into the wheel well on the inside.

image-2439985509.jpg
Unread 09-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #102
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock
All lined up. Decided to use the rails from the soft top to help line everything up before I started welding. Did I mention how much I hate dealing with Line-X.
PS. The hole behind the wheel opening I where I used to run the exhaust out of the side. I used a TJ gas filler to fill in around the exhaust. Used to get some funny looks from people trying to figure out how my gas tank wAs making noise. Lol
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #103
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

and the jeep gods bowed their heads in approval...amen brother.......anyways so how could a jeeper from a different line come across one possibly two of those dead monkey stickers...im assuming its the one of curious georges head in a pool of blood and the eyes x'ed out...or is that a different dead monkey sticker?...please I got to have em if those are the ones...I grew up on curious George..i read all his adventures

Unread 09-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #104
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep
and the jeep gods bowed their heads in approval...amen brother.......anyways so how could a jeeper from a different line come across one possibly two of those dead monkey stickers...im assuming its the one of curious georges head in a pool of blood and the eyes x'ed out...or is that a different dead monkey sticker?...please I got to have em if those are the ones...I grew up on curious George..i read all his adventures
Sundowner is the man with the Monkeys.
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #105
84jeepcj7rock

She is getting there.
Things left to do.
Mount front coil overs
Plumb hydro assist steering
Fill fluids
Get exhaust run
Fill shocks w Nitro
Test drive and play w spring rates
Mount resivoirs

image-1465858966.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.