84 cj 7.5 lcog - Page 19 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 84 cj 7.5 lcog

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 11-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #271
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That sounds like a fun drive what's your route look like?

TechJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #272
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock View Post

Thanks man. Trying to get everything buttoned up and a new set of tires so I can drive it cross country. Plan is to leave it in Phoenix at a buddies until summer so we can hit KOH and Moab sometime around Easter Jeep.
So if what I'm reading is correct you used tj highline fenders for the front?
Unread 11-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #273
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJeeper
That sounds like a fun drive what's your route look like?
Since it will be winter and I only have bikini top, windjammer and soft doors, I will be staying on I 20 on the way out. If I have time, I will try and wheel in NM before I get to Phoenix. I have to be in Phoenix by the 16th of Jan.
84jeepcj7rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #274
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski

So if what I'm reading is correct you used tj highline fenders for the front?
That is correct. The only thing I couldn't get to match up perfect was the front of the flare to the grill. I trimmed the gusset on the front of the fenders so that I could match the curve of the grill but the fender is a little long. My grill hoop hides it pretty well. No one has noticed yet
Unread 11-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #275
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock
Since it will be winter and I only have bikini top, windjammer and soft doors, I will be staying on I 20 on the way out. If I have time, I will try and wheel in NM before I get to Phoenix. I have to be in Phoenix by the 16th of Jan.
Awesome you are going right through town here in midland/Odessa, tx. You will want to stop off in las cruces and wheel. It right on the way and it is a blast. Contact the Las Cruces 4 wheel drive club and see if someone can go out the with you. It's not too hard to navigate unless you run Tabasco Twister, it's out of the way from the other trails pretty far.

Here is the map if you want google gps I can send you that also.
image-1572037901.jpg

Unread 11-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #276
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Check out my build thread for pics of these trails. The latest set are the mid level trails but if you go back a few pages you can see one of the harder trails pictures.
Unread 11-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #277
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJeeper
Check out my build thread for pics of these trails. The latest set are the mid level trails but if you go back a few pages you can see one of the harder trails pictures.
Thanks for the map. I will def check out your build
Unread 11-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #278
Tonellin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Amazing. I just read through all 19 pages with a stomach full of turkey and a nice beer. Like you, I loved the original fastback style of the stock roll bar, but I think you did an awesome job making it safe for the kids and making it look good.

Got any new pics for us?
Unread 11-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #279
84jeepcj7rock

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Between work, kids and travel, I have not been productive on the Jeep or hunting. Still have the Jeep torn apart to figure out the evil noises coming from the belt. I hope to have some time when I get back to town. Gonna try and wheel Beasley Knob before they close it for the winter.
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #280
yamaha225
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I also just read through the build and it looks great. I would love to see some pics of it wheeling. Love the color and good luck with the belt. Oh and I think the cage looks great

Black Jeep Society, Eagle Scout Jeepers
yamaha225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #281
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha225
I also just read through the build and it looks great. I would love to see some pics of it wheeling. Love the color and good luck with the belt. Oh and I think the cage looks great
If I don't go duck hunting in the morning, then I will get the jeep drivable so I can get this belt working. Next time I go wheeling, ill try an remember to take the nice camera so I can edit the file size and hopefully upload some more wheeling pics.
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #282
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock

If I don't go duck hunting in the morning, then I will get the jeep drivable so I can get this belt working. Next time I go wheeling, ill try an remember to take the nice camera so I can edit the file size and hopefully upload some more wheeling pics.
Well, I didn't go duck hunting but I did do some deer hunting this weekend. No Luck.
I went ahead and changed the bulbs in my headlights while I had the grill off. I had lost one of the low beams. Put in some new PIAA H4 bulbs. Got the grill mounted back up and the battery was dead. Ill charge it and see where I am.
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #283
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha225
The weather finally broke today and I got home early to try and get. Few things done on the heep. One of the tires kept going flat and there was no obvious damage just a slow leak. So I pulled the valve core an it was pretty dirty. Filled the tire back up and reinstalled the valve core. We will see if it holds.
Put a little more tension on the fan belt and it is much better. Took it for a drive so I loaded up about 1 lb of scrap so I could weigh it at the recycler. Haha.
Jeep weighs 4220 with
Me= 180
Soft doors two child seats and half tank of gas

Not bad. That is what it weighed before the stretch
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #284
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock View Post

The weather finally broke today and I got home early to try and get. Few things done on the heep. One of the tires kept going flat and there was no obvious damage just a slow leak. So I pulled the valve core an it was pretty dirty. Filled the tire back up and reinstalled the valve core. We will see if it holds.
Put a little more tension on the fan belt and it is much better. Took it for a drive so I loaded up about 1 lb of scrap so I could weigh it at the recycler. Haha.
Jeep weighs 4220 with
Me= 180
Soft doors two child seats and half tank of gas

Not bad. That is what it weighed before the stretch
Seems like you made out good then. I want to do the same with mine as soon as it arrives back in the driveway
Unread 12-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #285
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski

Seems like you made out good then. I want to do the same with mine as soon as it arrives back in the driveway
Forgot to mention that when I pulled up on the scale, I got a front end weight of 2200lbs.
Pretty good for having an iron block V8 in the front. When I get my spare tire mounted, it will be close to 50/50

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.