84 cj 7.5 lcog - Page 19 - JeepForum.com

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #271 of 1130 Old 11-25-2013, 02:26 PM
TechJeeper
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midland
Posts: 521
That sounds like a fun drive what's your route look like?

TechJeeper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 1130 Old 11-26-2013, 02:00 PM
awinski
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gap
Posts: 2,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock View Post

Thanks man. Trying to get everything buttoned up and a new set of tires so I can drive it cross country. Plan is to leave it in Phoenix at a buddies until summer so we can hit KOH and Moab sometime around Easter Jeep.
So if what I'm reading is correct you used tj highline fenders for the front?

The ONLY chlorophyll JK
one more horse power than the average pentastar; http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...-build-2157673
twitter/IG - @Becauseracejeep
awinski is offline  
post #273 of 1130 Old 11-27-2013, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
84jeepcj7rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Marietta
Posts: 1,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJeeper
That sounds like a fun drive what's your route look like?
Since it will be winter and I only have bikini top, windjammer and soft doors, I will be staying on I 20 on the way out. If I have time, I will try and wheel in NM before I get to Phoenix. I have to be in Phoenix by the 16th of Jan.
84jeepcj7rock is offline  
post #274 of 1130 Old 11-27-2013, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
84jeepcj7rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Marietta
Posts: 1,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski

So if what I'm reading is correct you used tj highline fenders for the front?
That is correct. The only thing I couldn't get to match up perfect was the front of the flare to the grill. I trimmed the gusset on the front of the fenders so that I could match the curve of the grill but the fender is a little long. My grill hoop hides it pretty well. No one has noticed yet
84jeepcj7rock is offline  
post #275 of 1130 Old 11-27-2013, 03:04 PM
TechJeeper
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midland
Posts: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock
Since it will be winter and I only have bikini top, windjammer and soft doors, I will be staying on I 20 on the way out. If I have time, I will try and wheel in NM before I get to Phoenix. I have to be in Phoenix by the 16th of Jan.
Awesome you are going right through town here in midland/Odessa, tx. You will want to stop off in las cruces and wheel. It right on the way and it is a blast. Contact the Las Cruces 4 wheel drive club and see if someone can go out the with you. It's not too hard to navigate unless you run Tabasco Twister, it's out of the way from the other trails pretty far.

Here is the map if you want google gps I can send you that also.
Attached Images
 
TechJeeper is offline  
post #276 of 1130 Old 11-27-2013, 03:06 PM
TechJeeper
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midland
Posts: 521
Check out my build thread for pics of these trails. The latest set are the mid level trails but if you go back a few pages you can see one of the harder trails pictures.
TechJeeper is offline  
post #277 of 1130 Old 11-27-2013, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
84jeepcj7rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Marietta
Posts: 1,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJeeper
Check out my build thread for pics of these trails. The latest set are the mid level trails but if you go back a few pages you can see one of the harder trails pictures.
Thanks for the map. I will def check out your build
84jeepcj7rock is offline  
post #278 of 1130 Old 11-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Tonellin
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,102
Amazing. I just read through all 19 pages with a stomach full of turkey and a nice beer. Like you, I loved the original fastback style of the stock roll bar, but I think you did an awesome job making it safe for the kids and making it look good.

Got any new pics for us?

06 LJ Rubicon
http://www.jeep-owner.com/index.php/topic,748.0.html
Tonellin is offline  
post #279 of 1130 Old 11-28-2013, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
84jeepcj7rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Marietta
Posts: 1,497
Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Between work, kids and travel, I have not been productive on the Jeep or hunting. Still have the Jeep torn apart to figure out the evil noises coming from the belt. I hope to have some time when I get back to town. Gonna try and wheel Beasley Knob before they close it for the winter.
84jeepcj7rock is offline  
post #280 of 1130 Old 11-28-2013, 10:19 PM
yamaha225
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 605
I also just read through the build and it looks great. I would love to see some pics of it wheeling. Love the color and good luck with the belt. Oh and I think the cage looks great

1997 TJ, 2.5 4 cyl, AX-5, Hella 700's

Black Jeep Society, Eagle Scout Jeepers
yamaha225 is offline  
post #281 of 1130 Old 11-29-2013, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
84jeepcj7rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Marietta
Posts: 1,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha225
I also just read through the build and it looks great. I would love to see some pics of it wheeling. Love the color and good luck with the belt. Oh and I think the cage looks great
If I don't go duck hunting in the morning, then I will get the jeep drivable so I can get this belt working. Next time I go wheeling, ill try an remember to take the nice camera so I can edit the file size and hopefully upload some more wheeling pics.
84jeepcj7rock is offline  
post #282 of 1130 Old 12-02-2013, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
84jeepcj7rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Marietta
Posts: 1,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock

If I don't go duck hunting in the morning, then I will get the jeep drivable so I can get this belt working. Next time I go wheeling, ill try an remember to take the nice camera so I can edit the file size and hopefully upload some more wheeling pics.
Well, I didn't go duck hunting but I did do some deer hunting this weekend. No Luck.
I went ahead and changed the bulbs in my headlights while I had the grill off. I had lost one of the low beams. Put in some new PIAA H4 bulbs. Got the grill mounted back up and the battery was dead. Ill charge it and see where I am.
84jeepcj7rock is offline  
post #283 of 1130 Old 12-12-2013, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
84jeepcj7rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Marietta
Posts: 1,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha225
I also just read through the build and it looks great. I would love to see some pics of it wheeling. Love the color and good luck with the belt. Oh and I think the cage looks great
The weather finally broke today and I got home early to try and get. Few things done on the heep. One of the tires kept going flat and there was no obvious damage just a slow leak. So I pulled the valve core an it was pretty dirty. Filled the tire back up and reinstalled the valve core. We will see if it holds.
Put a little more tension on the fan belt and it is much better. Took it for a drive so I loaded up about 1 lb of scrap so I could weigh it at the recycler. Haha.
Jeep weighs 4220 with
Me= 180
Soft doors two child seats and half tank of gas

Not bad. That is what it weighed before the stretch
84jeepcj7rock is offline  
post #284 of 1130 Old 12-12-2013, 04:30 PM
awinski
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gap
Posts: 2,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock View Post

The weather finally broke today and I got home early to try and get. Few things done on the heep. One of the tires kept going flat and there was no obvious damage just a slow leak. So I pulled the valve core an it was pretty dirty. Filled the tire back up and reinstalled the valve core. We will see if it holds.
Put a little more tension on the fan belt and it is much better. Took it for a drive so I loaded up about 1 lb of scrap so I could weigh it at the recycler. Haha.
Jeep weighs 4220 with
Me= 180
Soft doors two child seats and half tank of gas

Not bad. That is what it weighed before the stretch
Seems like you made out good then. I want to do the same with mine as soon as it arrives back in the driveway

The ONLY chlorophyll JK
one more horse power than the average pentastar; http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...-build-2157673
twitter/IG - @Becauseracejeep
awinski is offline  
post #285 of 1130 Old 12-13-2013, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
84jeepcj7rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Marietta
Posts: 1,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski

Seems like you made out good then. I want to do the same with mine as soon as it arrives back in the driveway
Forgot to mention that when I pulled up on the scale, I got a front end weight of 2200lbs.
Pretty good for having an iron block V8 in the front. When I get my spare tire mounted, it will be close to 50/50
84jeepcj7rock is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome