Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

84 cj 7.5 lcog

156K views 1K replies 54 participants last post by  Steven_mc 
#1 ·
I've been enjoying reading everyone else's builds, thought I would throw mine up here. I bought this Jeep about 10 yrs ago. PO had the AMC 360, a 3" BL and a 4" Skyjacker lift on 33s. Rode like a go cart the springs were so stiff.
I had the 360 built. It now puts out 325hp and 400ft/ lbs

#331 ·
84jeepcj7rock said:
A little disappointed with actual height. 36.25" for the new ones.
35.5" for the old worn ones.
20lbs of air and weight on them. Used a level to go across the top of the tire and measured height with an aluminum ruler. Don't know I can measure more accurately than that
The old tire was measured unloaded so I rechecked the new one unloaded.
37" even. I feel better now.

#333 ·
Have you had it up to 75 down the highway yet? Remember Texas is around 800 miles across. That's 10.5 hours at a steady 75mph. If you hit midland/Odessa around lunch time on whatever day you make it this far out. Hit me up I'd love to see the jeep in person and eat with a fellow jeeper. I have pretty good fab shop and tools at work if you find yourself needing to make some repairs by that point.

#334 ·
TechJeeper said:
Have you had it up to 75 down the highway yet? Remember Texas is around 800 miles across. That's 10.5 hours at a steady 75mph. If you hit midland/Odessa around lunch time on whatever day you make it this far out. Hit me up I'd love to see the jeep in person and eat with a fellow jeeper. I have pretty good fab shop and tools at work if you find yourself needing to make some repairs by that point.
Thanks man. I have had it to 80mph. It is real happy 70-75mph. Haven't had it that fast with new rubber b/c I still have one tire that needs balancing. The other three took very little weight. Gonna try like hell to make it near Dallas on the first day. Multiple fuel stops will slow me down. What side of Dallas is Odessa?

#336 ·
TechJeeper said:
I'm 300-350 west of Dallas.

1,150 from Atlanta city center.
Send me a PM with your number and ill give you a call.

Time to do some welding. Gonna tack my front axle u joints. A cap backing out on the driver side is the only problem I've had w this 77 Waggy front end. Still running stock shafts.
Also gonna figure out how to carry a spare. Standing up wont work B/c I need to see out the back. Not reall concerned with having it full time

#339 ·
So if you ever want someone to ask about your jeep, get a pair of these and bolt them to your rig. These are Keryaken motorcycle mirrors. I usually bolt them to the door hinge via the vertical tube the the door pins slide into. Since I will be traveling with the doors, I need a new way to mount mirrors. I could buy some that bolt up to the windshield hinge but where is the fun in that.

Hood Automotive lighting Vision care Eye glass accessory Automotive mirror

#348 ·
84jeepcj7rock said:
The rear shocks were sitting at 80psi and only about 2" of up travel. We upped it to 120psi and got the desired 4" of up travel. The passenger side was a hair lower so we went up to 128 on the passenger side and that evened it out.
Noticed 2 things on the way home. The ride was much smother which meant I had been bottoming the rear suspension.
On the bad side, it feels like it needs a sway bar now especially during right turns. I'm guessing the increased pressure in the passenger side is trying to unload.
Any help here would be much appreciated.

#352 ·
84jeepcj7rock said:
Noticed 2 things on the way home. The ride was much smother which meant I had been bottoming the rear suspension.
On the bad side, it feels like it needs a sway bar now especially during right turns. I'm guessing the increased pressure in the passenger side is trying to unload.
Any help here would be much appreciated.
Since I have the new tires and the air shocks are set I thought I would take some final measurements.
Approach angle= 70deg
Skid pan clearance= 18.5"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.