84 cj 7.5 lcog - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 84 cj 7.5 lcog

Jeep Tweaks at JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 10-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #136
84jeepcj7rock

Not a single one of my wheelin pics will upload due to file size. That blows! Anyhow, the jeep handled great off road. Much more stable than before. Picked up some extra springs from a friend to play with. 250 over 300 was way to stiff.

84jeepcj7rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #137
84jeepcj7rock

Looks like I am going to go with 100 over 250 lbs springs. I can get the ride heights I want with the preload adjusters down about 2". The local 4WD hardware is not far away and they have a ramp. Time for the maiden voyage on the road after work.
Unread 10-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #138
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock
Looks like I am going to go with 100 over 250 lbs springs. I can get the ride heights I want with the preload adjusters down about 2". The local 4WD hardware is not far away and they have a ramp. Time for the maiden voyage on the road after work.
Very cool! That's pretty light duty in the springs. You must have it pretty lightweight. We will need hardware store loading ramp pics. It looks like it needs to be jumped.
TechJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #139
84jeepcj7rock

The jeep handles great on the road. Slightly more body roll with the softer springs. Zero bump steer. Handles corners great. The tires are bottoming out on the body before hitting the bump stops. So I guess I can either lengthen the bump stops or cut the body more. I can cut about another inch in the rear before I get into the inner wheel well

image-3562425218.jpg
Unread 10-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #140
84jeepcj7rock

The steering geometry has turned out great. Not bad for eyeballing it. Lol

image-1540410149.jpg
Unread 10-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #141
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

i would have to totally agree...along with the fact yer flexin yer pistaciao's off....

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #142
84jeepcj7rock

The only thing that hit was the frame side track bar mount. B/c the TB is behind the axle, when the driver side droops & the passenger side stuffs the axle swings back and to the passenger side. The spring just barely hits. The mount has another hole, so ill move the bar and trim the tab.
Unread 10-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #143
holliewood61
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock View Post
The jeep handles great on the road. Slightly more body roll with the softer springs. Zero bump steer. Handles corners great. The tires are bottoming out on the body before hitting the bump stops. So I guess I can either lengthen the bump stops or cut the body more. I can cut about another inch in the rear before I get into the inner wheel well
With all the work you've already done why not cut on it and raise the inner wheel well if you need to in order to get all the flex available out of it? You could take the inner flush with the top of the tub if need be.
60 CJ5 tore down
holliewood61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #144
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliewood61

With all the work you've already done why not cut on it and raise the inner wheel well if you need to in order to get all the flex available out of it? You could take the inner flush with the top of the tub if need be.
The wife wants her spot back in the garage. Haha. That's why this build is going so fast, she wants me done. I have some ideas. Parts on order. Shhhhh
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #145
84jeepcj7rock

I have decided that this I the worst looking wheel opening, ever!

image-4092814961.jpg
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #146
84jeepcj7rock

So, here is the first real pic at ride height. I plan on taking some measurements tonight. As you can see, I've made my own metal cloaks by stuffing the front tires. I thought about ordering some but that doesn't address the hood. Highlines it is! I will also order some rear blanks to get rid of that ugly wheel opening.

image-893690045.jpg
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #147
84jeepcj7rock

The stretch was done so I could put the back seat back in for the kids. Now I have to decide how to protect them, otherwise the wife won't let them ride and all o this will be for nothing. I don't like the squared off look of a TJ family style cage. I love the fastback look, but it needs to cover the kids heads for safety. Any suggestions?

image-1171841221.jpg
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #148
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

trailer....yep a 2 person lcog trailer...make the cage tubes u shaped and the hitch swivel that way when you flip it it just rolls over right back to its wheels..and walla...oh and wrap it in expanded metal for extra protection...hey it will work I promise..thats a fact jack........................sorry was having an uncle Si episode...now what were you asking again?

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #149
holliewood61
1981 CJ7 

Sounds like a custom cage is in order
60 CJ5 tore down
holliewood61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #150
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliewood61
Sounds like a custom cage is in order
Talked to my buddy at Scotty Bobby Customs and he quoted me 2500 for a one of a kind cage and he does unbelievable work. However, it's not in the budget. Not only that, but I want to do as much of the work as I can. I think I am going to go with a Poison Spyder DIY cage and stretch it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.