Today got cut short, I forgot to bring my slide hammer, so I didn't get to get the engine in. I have to pull the old pilot bearing and put in a new one, id be tempted just to run it, but the old one is buggered up pretty bad so I am not going to risk it.
The fact that I have been in a lot of pain has been complicating things too I am having a hard time walking so it is making progress slow going. I am seriously ready for this to just be over with.
I did managed to get the transfer case all mounted up to the transmission though. I was surprised how tight of a fit the transmission output shaft to the novak conversions input shaft was. I had to use a dead blow to get the transfer case to go on and seat up.
It is probably better that I am waiting until tomorrow to mount it up anyways because it means the RTV will be able to seal up over night before I start messing with it.
I did also wire wheel the frame and paint it with the rust oleum rubberised undercoating.
All that is left to do now is to put the new pilot bearing in, mount the flywheel and clutch, then I can bolt the engine to the transmission, bolt up the motor mounts, then I can stuff it in!