5.9 ZJ build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 5.9 ZJ build

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 08-31-2011, 08:49 AM   #76
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

So I've got a 96 ZJ with a 2.25 budget lift and 31s right now. I'd really like to go bigger and get 35s under it. Correct me if I'm wrong but you fit 35s with a 4.5" lift and a long arm kit?? Thx in advance!

Here's my baby! small but beasty!

forumrunner_20110831_084808.jpg   2011-08-16_13-06-39_683.jpg  
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2011, 11:40 AM   #77
RedneckZJ
1996 ZJ 

it takes alot more than just a lift and tires. also notice he trimmed alot
You drive a tj, we drive a zj. We have more power while you get more shower. We get the v8 while you get there too late. You have 2 doors well, we have 2 more. Ours costs a grand while yours has a price we cant stand.
RedneckZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2011, 12:22 PM   #78
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Well yeah I don't mind trimming at all. I'm just asking how much he had into it to fit 35s....
Unread 08-31-2011, 08:09 PM   #79
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Well actually im running 5.5" coils and trimmed a lot out of the front. The front will be great once i get a little bit more bumpstop. The top of my fenders are my bumpstops now haha. I have not trimmed the rear and it rubs decently, once I trim the front of the fenders and bumpstop they should stuff great.
UTChavok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2011, 09:14 PM   #80
Brookhart63
1999 XJ Cherokee 

just read the whole thing. Great build. Really makes me want a 5.9 bad.
[QUOTE=Driver831;13076990]Say what you want, a Dana 30 held up 53"s for a good while[/QUOTE]

My 3" to 4.5" to full width build-> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/brookhart63-build-thread-1224726/[/url]
Brookhart63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #81
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookhart63 View Post
just read the whole thing. Great build. Really makes me want a 5.9 bad.
Thanks man I love having the niner.

Went to Uwharrie this weekend, we were supposed to go to Beasley Knob but apparently they close down when they get a decent amount of rain. Was a good trip, the 4 link worked great. I need some new shocks for the rear bad, the ones I have are to soft for the grand. I have a decent list of stuff I need to buy now though. I have a hell of a pop coming from my front end when I turn, it mostly happens at or close to full lock. My trackbar is completely tight, all control arms and bushings up front are good, I got my roommate to turn the wheel while I looked underneath and I cant see anything moving but it sounds like it is coming from the passenger side near the knuckle, and when I jacked up the axle just enough to get the passenger tire off the ground it wouldnt pop anymore. Sound like balljoints?

Ohh and this rock doesnt look to bad, but its exactly where I flopped last time... I ran a line about 6 inches to the left last time. My main goal was to conquer that on this trip

Unread 09-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #82
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

So got a couple more things going on with the jeep. I bought 2 Johnny joints to replace my ballistic joints. Im selling the ballistic joints if anyone is interested for both of them shipped for $65. They have been rebuilt in the past couple months and have the solid races not the injection molded ones. They go for $53.99 a piece so this is a hell of a deal even if they do need to be rebuilt again.

I traded a set of my bald 33x15.50 trxus mts to a guy who has a plasma table. He agreed to cut out this bumper I found on here. http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...e3f0a9ef98e48d. Its $167 for a full sheet of 3/16ths so I'm gonna try and buy that next paycheck and get this done.

Got another problem though my track bar is shifting half an inch or so in the axle mount and making a hellacious pop. Going to pull the track bar today and see what I can do to fix it. Not to happy about this. Time to ditch the 30 soon and get a 44 going.
Unread 10-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #83
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Went to Gulches for friday and saturday. 4 Wheel Parts sponsored the park so it was free to ride all weekend. Had a blast, Jeep did great and ran some of the most difficult trails there for the first time with no breakage. Buddy of mine rolled his 4 runner but everyone came out unharmed. Got the new bilsteins on before the trip such a difference with them, body roll is a lot less on the road now too.

4 Runner rolled on our night wheelin
Unread 10-16-2011, 11:53 AM   #84
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

She looks good man, great job! Btw, did you make it up this?
forumrunner_20111016_115305.jpg  
Unread 10-16-2011, 10:27 PM   #85
Brookhart63
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Trails look gnarly. Sweet pics man
[QUOTE=Driver831;13076990]Say what you want, a Dana 30 held up 53"s for a good while[/QUOTE]

My 3" to 4.5" to full width build-> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/brookhart63-build-thread-1224726/[/url]
Brookhart63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #86
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Thanks guys, Travass I didn't make that line, the rock sloped to the right so it kept throwing me in that hole. I ran a line about 4 feet to the right.
Unread 10-19-2011, 12:40 PM   #87
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTChavok
Thanks guys, Travass I didn't make that line, the rock sloped to the right so it kept throwing me in that hole. I ran a line about 4 feet to the right.
Still very nice! My jeep couldn't do half that! Lol. That's why I stick to my mud holes!
Unread 11-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #88
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Replacing my front axle end bushings in my long arms with johnny joints and struggled with this cheater bar to get the old joint out. Can't thread in the new johnny joints now and trying to find somewhere to get them tapped and cleaned out.

Got the links out. Only machine shop that had the tap and answered the phone cant do it till 11 tomorrow so gotta wait till then. I might try threading the old joint in and out with the huge breaker bar and see what happens. Possible I warped it bad enough with all the heat that a tap won't fix it?
A little bend in the link

joint after it fell out

New goal for next year. Am not planning on running these on but they are for sale if anyone is interested 37x12.50x17 radials. Does make me want 37s on it though.

Unread 11-21-2011, 09:55 PM   #89
00sarhara
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I do believe to run those iroks a 44 up front would help, kinda like that waggy 44 to the right next to the ford HP44
00sarhara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2011, 08:16 AM   #90
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Haha I take it you drive a big red super dooky too? Yeah I need to find another job over the summer and make some big purchases.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.