5.9 ZJ build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 5.9 ZJ build

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 11-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #31
MoparBoy01
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Nice looking ZJ man. As for you answer with the bushings, yes when you first have them on, at least for mine, they squeaked like crazy but over time, they quiet down.

Down and Dirty Offroad Club Member
ddoffroad.com
MoparBoy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 10:32 PM   #32
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparBoy01 View Post
Nice looking ZJ man. As for you answer with the bushings, yes when you first have them on, at least for mine, they squeaked like crazy but over time, they quiet down.
Good to hear.

Just a few more pictures

ran across this guy on the way to kodak.

right before daniel

UTChavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 07:34 AM   #33
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

A few more pictures

Unread 12-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #34
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Got back from Harlan a few days ago. We only managed to run lower rock garden the first day before we got blasted with 18 inches of snow. Was an awesome trip though. I managed to get my tcase skid finished before and got my new exhaust done, ran magnaflow.

Heres a few pics, my roommates have more but they went home for break and havent posted them.

If your familiar with Harlan, the 4 of us in this picture were the only 4 to make it up trail 12 up to the stadiums. It was a throttle fest. The samurai had to be strapped up the very last hill.

Not sure if everyone can see it but heres a video from facebook
Welcome to Facebook
Unread 12-18-2010, 01:02 PM   #35
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

got a couple more pics.

How we spent most of the day...

On the way to lions den. Thats like 8 inchs of snow sitting on top of the sign.

My roommate got his Juggy done friday night right before we left saturday. Took him 2 years but for Harlan being his shakedown run it went pretty well. 60 front 14b rear 4.0 and 39.5 iroks

on top of the helicopter pad

Lower rock garden after the first night of snow.
Unread 12-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #36
Jeepguy91

Nice looking niner you got there. What size lift are you running with that long arm and tire size? If i read correctly you haven't gone up to 5" yet have you? I am thinking of doing a long arm build like yours but using it on my 3.5" lift.

89 XJ- stock for now
Jeepguy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #37
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepguy91 View Post
Nice looking niner you got there. What size lift are you running with that long arm and tire size? If i read correctly you haven't gone up to 5" yet have you? I am thinking of doing a long arm build like yours but using it on my 3.5" lift.
Yeah Im running 4.5 and it works real well. My arms do hit my frame rail if Im bajaing the trails. I'd imagine that would be a problem youd have to look for.
Unread 12-24-2010, 02:53 PM   #38
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Skid plate and crossmember under the jeep

Going to be taking it off and cutting the welds out. Got countersunk allen head bolts that im going to use. Stich welded it in place friday night before our trip. Still technically is removeable I just have to unbolt both crossmembers at once

Unread 12-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #39
Connors01xj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

nice 5.9..ive been wanting one for a while!
Connors01xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #40
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connors01xj View Post
nice 5.9..ive been wanting one for a while!
Thanks man. Going to a V8 has been the best decision Ive made minus the lack of weekend money from spending everything on gas
Unread 02-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #41
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Havent been doing anything lately. Had a little run in with the law and lost my license for a while, got it back though and everythings good to go. Went to Gulches this weekend and had a blast. My 8.8 will be going in asap now. Have cash to get the last parts I need and my trackbar mount is halfway ripped off my 44a now. I welded it back up before Gulches but its pretty FUBARD.

Heres a few pics, this was the TnT rock garden they finished a little while ago. Got my first nice body damage on the new niner from it. No pics of that yet.

Flexing on the sketchiest rti ramp ive seen yet. We camped in this guys yard since Gulches was reserved 3 weeks in advance. They had like 3 propane 350 buggies and loved coors light. Was an awesome night haha

Still climbing
Unread 02-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #42
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Heres a few more

This was before they even officially opened

Got the hammocks set up on the cage.

Unread 03-22-2011, 12:16 PM   #43
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Finally got a digital camera to take some pictures. Finished my rails for my sliders and added gussets to them.

Little bit of body damage from TnT garden at Gulches

Ohh yeah and Im sort of missing my rear axle

44 out and in the garage. Never run a trackbar relocation bracket on a rig that actually sees abuse. Ive had this on there for a year and the only thing holding the track bar on was 2 loose bolts. All the welds were ripped.

8.8 Going in

Went to LKQ today and pulled the last parts ive been missing. I lost my caliper brackets somehow and my flange adapter so I went and pulled those off and some other misc bolts to make sure I have everything. Still need to set up the locker in the axle and shafts in and then test fit it under the Jeep.
Unread 03-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #44
Jon13w

i like this thread. lots of sweet pictures.
and thats a really nice jeep.
Jon13w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #45
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon13w View Post
i like this thread. lots of sweet pictures.
and thats a really nice jeep.
Appreciate it man I try to keep it a little interesting.

Got some decent work done today. Waking up at 12 and going to work at 4 though is cutting into my time a wee bit. Its spring break though and I cant say no to the high life at night.

Got the Aussie put in. Took a little longer than expected because I put the whole thing in the first time and realized I forgot the thrust washers... and once I pulled the locker out and knocked the c clips off the shafts they both fell down in the little slot above the pinion and I had a hell of a time fishing them out. Took about an hour of me shaking the **** out of the axle and then fingering them out with a pick. Either way though its in and done.

Tooth ground off the ring gear to fit the center pin.

Got a question about the Ujoint at the pinion flange though. I read AZs 8.8 install thread about 3 times and from what Ive gathered the AL44 is a 1310 joint and the 8.8 is a 1330. I pulled a flange adapter off a driveshaft I found laying next to the explorer I pulled my caliper brackets off. I took the measurment from that ujoint and it was around 3.6 on the width and measured mine in my driveshaft and it was the same. I got a new shaft made from Carolina Driveline, could they of swapped in a 1330 joint? Im a noob when it comes to ujoints. Only ever replaced 1 or 2 in front shafts.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.