4x4 ZJ part two - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-08-2014, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
kowboydmac

4x4 ZJ part two

Got a 97 5.2 two weeks ago with 212k miles.
Wanted to get a cheap jeep to lift. Was kind of high priced at $1900, but runs strong and looks good for its age.

Already replaced front brakes: calipers, pads and rotors.
Also did a tune up and all old spark plugs looked good, except a little oil on #8, presumably a small valve cover leak.

Next up is rear brakes, only pads and rotors, then trans pan drop and fill, diff fluids, tcase fluid and power steering. Found a cloyes timing chain on closeout that I picked up as well. Not a double roller, but probably better than what's on there now. I'm hoping for some jeep aluminum valve covers to make a top-end project out of.

After that I'm saving for a full exhaust from Kolak, headers and all.

Been searching for moderate low end "mods" but so far looks like ill do a modded kegger, 50mm tb, 4 hole injectors and open air intake. Don't think cams or rocker arms would be worth the money considering my ambition and the 5.2's mileage.

Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing. - Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-08-2014, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
kowboydmac

Lift wise, I'm thinking IRO 4.5" on 32" treadwright guard dogs. always wanted long arms on my previous 6.5" lift, although this time around I don't intend to be that high. Just want a relatively smooth ride on and offroad.

Could use some suggestions on shocks. Pro comp mx6's seem to be what I'm after.

Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing. - Thomas Jefferson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.