4th Jeep Time to learn something TJ - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 4th Jeep Time to learn something TJ

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 06-24-2010, 08:20 PM   #91
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I wish I had the set-up to make that, cause I'd make a ton of other cool stuff. I got it from Bullistic Fabrication when I bought some stuff to relocate the rear shocks and straighten the springs buckets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smise88 View Post
Did you make that skull on your bumper yourself?

Unread 06-24-2010, 08:28 PM   #92
jeeptrash
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Did you contact A2Z about the poor fit of their cage? I know i would, if for nothing else than to hopefully avoid the next poor guy that buys it having the same problems. It looks great now that you got it done though!
Unread 06-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #93
TJQ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice. I like the color of the cage with the red tub.
TJQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2010, 08:40 PM   #94
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

No I didn't. Everything I read on here said not to get the kit. The instructions have a small statement that the kit takes modification to fit. They use the same kit for YJs and TJs. Zach from A to Z is a great guy, but I don't care for the kit. I think it comes down to you get what you pay for. If I would have spent more I believe I would not have had to do some much to fit it. I was frustrated because I could have bought some DOM, and bender, and a notcher and made mine own for all the work I put into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashRecon View Post
Did you contact A2Z about the poor fit of their cage? I know i would, if for nothing else than to hopefully avoid the next poor guy that buys it having the same problems. It looks great now that you got it done though!
Unread 06-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #95
smise88
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
I wish I had the set-up to make that, cause I'd make a ton of other cool stuff. I got it from Bullistic Fabrication when I bought some stuff to relocate the rear shocks and straighten the springs buckets.
I wonder if anyone on the forum has a cutter that can do that work for cheap. I would be interested in getting something made for my bumper...

My First Write Up --> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sound-bar-wires-concealed-inside-roll-bar-tutorial-1050741/
smise88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #96
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks. I used rustolum hammered (black). It's covers pretty well, and it's cheap and easy to touch up as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJQ View Post
Very nice. I like the color of the cage with the red tub.
Unread 06-26-2010, 03:14 PM   #97
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Everything is back together.

The footman loops in the cargo area weren't in very good spots for my set-up. I drilled the rivets out and removed them. I plugged up all the holes. Any bolt holes I might use down the road got some stainless hardware to plug them up for now.

I got the gas tank skid in also. Didn't realize how much the old skid was rubbing the trackbar.
Touched up the raw metal with some paint. Not going to worry about it much more since I see a four link in the future.

Savvy doesn't seem the send any instructions, and I didn't have time to wait for the password on there site. On my 06 the sending unit plugs in on the very top. The other years I have seen used a small pig tail so you could unplug before lowering the tank.

I forgot to take a before picture.

Unread 06-27-2010, 12:16 AM   #98
Esoom74
2002 TJ Wrangler 

great looking build! for all the work that cage was it sure does look good at least!
Esoom74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2010, 12:25 AM   #99
WtrHamer97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Really coming along man. I have got to get around to do U Pol on mine. The PO put down some herculiner that has been peeling,badly, all about the prep!
Unread 08-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #100
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

We have had fun playing this summer. Time for a few changes.
On the way Currie 4'' progressive springs, 35x12.50 15 Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar. (still need to find rims with 4.5 of backspacing)
In the garage, A set of Currie lower control arms (it's a start), Currie rear bump stops, Savvy Body lift (waiting for the under armor).

My used RE springs are still good, but I have a bad habit of poping out while I'm flexed. I won't have that problem with the curries, and the ride should be great. Getting ready to outboard the rear shocks, and adjust the rear spring perchs. My tires have been looking a little small, and with the little extra from the new springs and the .25 from the different BL it's time for some 35's. Plus they will help with some of the stuff I have been crawling over.

Some pics.

Finished the bumper awhile ago but wanted to update the pic. I'll move the control box when I make some changes to my airbox (cowl intake) in the near future.

Had a set of RE lower arms sitting around and finally got them on.

Unread 08-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #101
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Had a few wheeling trips and some camping trips. Drug the whole family on a wheeling adventure. Found out they are not fans of rock crawling while off camber on the side of a hill. (sorry no pics of that since no one would get out)

No we are not going to the left.

Camping with the family

Gereld sent me the tailgate cover and lower cover. Broke a tail light so I went with some bling lights. Couldn't bring myself to dril hole for flush mount lights.

Unread 08-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #102
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The three seat set-up has worked just like I wanted. Dogs and the little guy have fun back there.

Wheeling wears him out.

Unread 08-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #103
jeeptrash
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looks great, your springs and tires are for sale? What's you plan if you don't mind sharing
Unread 08-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #104
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptrash View Post
Looks great, your springs and tires are for sale? What's you plan if you don't mind sharing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
We have had fun playing this summer. Time for a few changes.
On the way Currie 4'' progressive springs, 35x12.50 15 Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar. (still need to find rims with 4.5 of backspacing)
In the garage, A set of Currie lower control arms (it's a start), Currie rear bump stops, Savvy Body lift (waiting for the under armor).

My used RE springs are still good, but I have a bad habit of poping out while I'm flexed. I won't have that problem with the curries, and the ride should be great. Getting ready to outboard the rear shocks, and adjust the rear spring perchs. My tires have been looking a little small, and with the little extra from the new springs and the .25 from the different BL it's time for some 35's. Plus they will help with some of the stuff I have been crawling over.

Thanks. Moving up to 35's. Also looking at the SA 4 link for the rear with the above.
Unread 08-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #105
WtrHamer97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Glad to see your single seat in rear is working well. I plan on doing the same before summers end.

Tags
4-link , fuel cell , johnny joints , mid arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.