4th Jeep Time to learn something TJ - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 4th Jeep Time to learn something TJ

Jeep Tweaks at JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 05-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #61
Barrows
2003 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=Benderff;9507066]Thanks. I haven't taken very many pictures. Is there something you would like to see?

I was looking for a side profile shot. I'm trying to see if I want to go with savvy armor or rokmen.

Barrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #62
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrows View Post
I was looking for a side profile shot. I'm trying to see if I want to go with savvy armor or rokmen.
I'll try and snap some shots for you in the next couple days. I am VERY happy with the Savvy sliders, and corners. Best fit I have seen, great service, solid mounting. Plus my rig lost a couple pounds and added full corners at the sametime.
Unread 05-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #63
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I installed the CD player, and powered sub today. Works great and I can plug my Ipod right into it. Sounds like it has a little more power to.

Here's the stuff.

Crutchfield sends everything you need.

I pulled the rest of the carpet, and the center console out. I like the look without the console, and there is a lot more room. This should help for the dogs to.

EBAY time.

The little sub was easy to wire. Cut and welded some scrap I had for the brackets.

All done. Sounds a lot better then the stock set up.

Unread 05-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #64
yosemitejeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wow. I like the idea of the one seat in the back. Is that the seat bracket that came with it or something you fabbed up?
yosemitejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #65
potatorider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looking great Bender!

Heard anything about your promotion results? I'm studying for my Engineer test right now... so many flash cards!

You've inspired me to take off those lame SPORT stickers. Like the clean look.

I've read all the threads on the Anti-Rock and am going to order one up next month, but I'd love to hear your comments when you throw it on too.

Cheers from L4553

Firefighters Jeep Club #341
potatorider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2010, 02:50 PM   #66
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitejeep View Post
Wow. I like the idea of the one seat in the back. Is that the seat bracket that came with it or something you fabbed up?
I used L metal. Cut to length then I cut the needed profile so the seat was not rubbbing on the bracket. Then drilled the holes for mounting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatorider View Post
Looking great Bender!

Heard anything about your promotion results? I'm studying for my Engineer test right now... so many flash cards!

You've inspired me to take off those lame SPORT stickers. Like the clean look.

I've read all the threads on the Anti-Rock and am going to order one up next month, but I'd love to hear your comments when you throw it on too.

Cheers from L4553

Thanks. I didn't do that great, so no promotion this year. I did see how the test works so I'll be more prepared for it next year. Good luck studying. I'm excited for the anti-rock. I will post up as soon as it arrives and I can get it on.
Unread 05-24-2010, 03:33 PM   #67
ItsaFinRubicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

dude your jeep is pretty much the same thing i want to do with mine but 35's.Nice Build Buddy
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/itsafinrubicon-build-thread-1012286/"]2004 Jeep Rubicon[/URL] [SIZE="2"][/SIZE] ::[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]|R.C. 4"|PSC|Smittybilt|35" KM1|QTec|R.C.|[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Dtowngoalie;9869864]rausch frock rauschhhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=ajamison;11841284]trails frock trailssssss![/QUOTE]
ItsaFinRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #68
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks dude! My plan is to be ready for 35's when the tires I have now wear out. 35x10.5s even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsaFinRubicon View Post
dude your jeep is pretty much the same thing i want to do with mine but 35's.Nice Build Buddy
Unread 06-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #69
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I finally made some time to work on the Jeep today. I have way to many Jeep projects backed up.

Currie Atni-Rock time.

Out with the old.

Easy Install!

I think the arms a little high, but I didn't feel like cutting the rods. Plus with Currie 4" lift springs in the future i'm not real worried about it.

Started work on the bumper finally! Worked out how I want to finish it out. The clevis mounts should be here in a day or two so I can get it done.

Set the winch on there to check out the sag. Not bad at all. It will be even better with the Amsteel line on.

Unread 06-05-2010, 07:23 AM   #70
potatorider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Very cool! You are one step ahead of me. My AntiRock is on its way in the Big Brown Truck right now. Ill throw it on next week. Enjoy the new toys... It's lookin great.
potatorider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2010, 08:26 PM   #71
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I'm getting used to the bady roll, but it's not bad. Have fun with the install. It was pretty easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatorider View Post
Very cool! You are one step ahead of me. My AntiRock is on its way in the Big Brown Truck right now. Ill throw it on next week. Enjoy the new toys... It's lookin great.
Unread 06-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #72
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks to some idot at Jeep (plastic and metal design) I needed a new radiator. I ordered a full metal replacement from Radiator Barn. I hook Stu's advice and changed the thermostat and belt while the radiator was out. I also changed the upper and lower hoses. Boring stuff.

On to the bumper!

I boxed the ends and lower lip in, and got the Clevis mounts on. It needs a little more touch up with the flap wheel, and then some tabs for the hawse fairhead.

Unread 06-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #73
jeeptrash
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Look great man, thinking about picking up that same base bumper and doing something similar to what you are. Are you planning on adding a winch hoop? I like the look of the small hoops personally, not a full stinger typically though...
Unread 06-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #74
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=Benderff;9169048]I hate poly ends!

Dana 30 LCA fixed.

Any more detail on that fix? Mine is bent just like that
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #75
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I wanted to add a hood line hoop. I decided not to in an effort to keep the weight down. I'd rather not add spring spacers if I don't have to. Plus after doing some research it seems they don't do much roll over protection like I had wanted anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbs View Post
Look great man, thinking about picking up that same base bumper and doing something similar to what you are. Are you planning on adding a winch hoop? I like the look of the small hoops personally, not a full stinger typically though...

I was lucky to have a local shop that makes a nice lower arm mount, so I bought from them. There are a number of companys that make them. It's just a matter of cutting off what you don't need and replacing with the new mounts. You just have to watch the rear portion where they meet the spring buckets. That reminds me I need to order a set of the Currie weld on gussets for the new axle. If yours are not bent to bad you might be able to bend it back and use something like the currie gussets to help fix them in place

[quote=jeepwrangler97;9590866]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
I hate poly ends!

Dana 30 LCA fixed.

Any more detail on that fix? Mine is bent just like that

Tags
4-link , fuel cell , johnny joints , mid arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.