4th Jeep Time to learn something TJ - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 4th Jeep Time to learn something TJ

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 05-19-2010, 08:19 PM   #46
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

No not yet. I was just looking at winch's so I need to get going on it. I have a few ideas. I like the look of a stinger, but if it's not tied into anything it seems like it's just for looks. I will do a hood tube on it though. I need to hit that and the cage. Up next is a new stereo. I want to be able to run my ipod. I'm still thinking about doing the U-pol or the cage first. Either way I need to get to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper92 View Post
Yea i like that there is more room than the stock bench seat...
Have you made any progress on that front bumper?

Unread 05-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #47
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks. I liked the idea of it, but wasn't sure untill I saw the seat ~SEAN~ did in his monster. The brackets where easy to make. Some L metal, a grinder, and drill. I have some ideas for a little locking storage behind the seat also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jforse View Post
I like the single seat idea as well. I will have to do the same! Nice build.
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:28 AM   #48
TxCx166
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice jeep - you will have fun with your "future jeeper". I take my kids (5 & 3) and they love it. If you are looking at a new stereo I just installed an Alpine X305S with a PDX 5 under the dash with skinny pedals amp mount. The ipod control is awesome and the sound is amazing - it's the only stereo I've ever had that I can't turn up all the way - it will hurt you. I'm new to the forum and haven't master posting pics, but I have several and will work on it if you are interested.
TxCx166 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2010, 10:54 AM   #49
Wrangler19
1998 TJ Wrangler 

What rock sliders were the old ones? I like them
Unread 05-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #50
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks man! I really like Alpine head units, but I don't need much in the jeep. I was think of going with an Apline and the power pak, but my hearing is bad enough as it is. Too many explosions and gun fire haha. I picked up a Pioneer unit that was on sell. Plus I didn't like the idea of buying alpine's special ipod cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxCx166 View Post
Nice jeep - you will have fun with your "future jeeper". I take my kids (5 & 3) and they love it. If you are looking at a new stereo I just installed an Alpine X305S with a PDX 5 under the dash with skinny pedals amp mount. The ipod control is awesome and the sound is amazing - it's the only stereo I've ever had that I can't turn up all the way - it will hurt you. I'm new to the forum and haven't master posting pics, but I have several and will work on it if you are interested.
Unread 05-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #51
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

They where FabTec. Very basic. They didn't have that much coverage under the tub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler19 View Post
What rock sliders were the old ones? I like them
Unread 05-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #52
mazegang
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Like the looks of your Jeep man! Good thread to read. I like the three seat configuration, but it doesn't work with a wife and two kids. Haha....
mazegang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2010, 05:15 PM   #53
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just going to be the one for us, so I won't have to worry about another seat. There is room for it though. My first plan was to put two rear seats in with one of them able to go in and out if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazegang View Post
Like the looks of your Jeep man! Good thread to read. I like the three seat configuration, but it doesn't work with a wife and two kids. Haha....
Unread 05-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #54
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was down helping my mom out after some surgery and thought I'd make a little run to an area I grew up hunting. I had a great time until one of the snow drifts sucked my over the edge. With the rear diff locked I was able to get out. When I told my wife about it she told me it was time to buy a winch. Yeah I know I was being a donkey going by myself. On the way now is a Superwinch 8.5, some Amsteel-blue line, and Currie anti-rock! I better get to work on the bumper.

Some pictures from my little run. I didn't take any from over the edge since I just wanted to get out.

Unread 05-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #55
Barrows
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The pic's look great! Do you have any more shot's of your new savvy armor?
Barrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #56
ramil89
2004 TJ Wrangler 

How's that ZJ tie rod working for you? I was thinking about getting a HD one, but that's a good idea. I'm in Oregon too, which part are you from?
ramil89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #57
jeeptrash
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Curious too see what you do with that bumper, i was thinking about getting the same starter...
Unread 05-22-2010, 07:50 PM   #58
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrows View Post
The pic's look great! Do you have any more shot's of your new savvy armor?
Thanks. I haven't taken very many pictures. Is there something you would like to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramil89 View Post
How's that ZJ tie rod working for you? I was thinking about getting a HD one, but that's a good idea. I'm in Oregon too, which part are you from?
The ZJ rod has worked great so far. I still plan on doing currie steering down the road. The ZJ rod is way stronger then stock though! I am just out of Eugene. How about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbs View Post
Curious too see what you do with that bumper, i was thinking about getting the same starter...
I'm thinking about boxing the ends in and calling it good. It will still be stronger then the stock bumper. My goal is to keep the weight down.
Unread 05-22-2010, 08:07 PM   #59
JeepGuyBrian
2011 JK Wrangler 

Great Build!
JeepGuyBrian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #60
richardjeepguy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

sweet jeep looks like we all start small and build up from there
richardjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4-link , fuel cell , johnny joints , mid arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.