4th Jeep Time to learn something TJ - Page 29 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 4th Jeep Time to learn something TJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 08-21-2013, 05:55 AM   #421
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Clean, clean work man.

Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #422
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

very clean work! nice job

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #423
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Got this puppy on the road? Update needed.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #424
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Clean, clean work man.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
very clean work! nice job
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Got this puppy on the road? Update needed.
Sadly I have not finished this yet. I ended up with a blank corner that was bent off radius. After getting that sorted out I haven't done much. Other then buy some more parts. And a bunch of research on axles.

I took August and half of September off work this summer. It was amazing. Between house projects, and helping the inlaws build a house and hot rod barn I have not had much time. At this point i'm really eager to get back and finish this round.
Unread 01-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #425
OR-TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Any progress since October? Always love checking this thread because all the work you do is really good and clean!
OR-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #426
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR-TJ View Post
Any progress since October? Always love checking this thread because all the work you do is really good and clean!
Thank you. It should have been done and wheeling long before now, but I suck.

The in-laws lived with us for a year while we built them a house and shop. That's all I'll say about that.

Then my "commuter" need some head work and had an oil leak.

What else would I do, but throw in a little 383 stroker.

It's apart, so I might as well go through the transfer case and the transmission, clean it up, fix a bunch of wiring, and paint the inner fenders.

It's a lot of fun to drive! It's so easy and relatively cheap to work on. I have a set of one-tons for it sitting at the in-laws shop already.

Unread 04-17-2014, 12:37 PM   #427
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Back to the Jeep.

One of the blank rear corners that I bought was off a little on the radius. Gerald took care of me and had a replacement out to me in no time. That guy works his tail off.

I have the corners mounted, holes, and cut outs done. Painted and mounted the TNT/Treks tire carrier. I went with MCE fender flares front and rear. I wanted something I could bounce off trees, plus they have a lifetime warranty. I wish I didn't run the 6'' wide coverage, but I wanted the tires covered as much as possible for now and the future. Installed and wired up front JK signals and 3/4" led side markers in the grill.

Gerald also set me up with a great deal on a set of PRP seats and Harnesses. I was waiting to run them till the cage is finished, but I was sick of the giant boxes in the way.

That's how it sits right now. Working on the brake lines now. Then finish the fuel system and exhaust. Plus a bunch of little crap I always seem to add.
Unread 04-19-2014, 09:32 AM   #428
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Super clean work man, jeep looks great! Question on the TNT rear tire carrier, how long have you had it and what are your thoughts on it? I am looking for a rear tire carrier and was pretty set on the aluminum Gen right swing out tire carrier but the TNT is half the price and looks like a solid design that might not squeak all day like many of the rubber bushing designs out there..

“If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six sharpening my axe.”- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 09:47 AM   #429
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am in the same boat as Rusty. Could you take a picture with carrier open and tailgate down? How do you like the mce rears?

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 04-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #430
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I am in the same boat as Rusty. Could you take a picture with carrier open and tailgate down? How do you like the mce rears?
Have heard on a couple other forums that the Genright tire carrier bushings wear out fast and you have to lift the carrier to close it. Also rubber bushings do not seem like a great solution for longevity. I checked it out when I was at their facility last year picking up my RJ 60, it is super light and provides a good departure angle but the roll bar tie in and ability to off set the tire on the TNT is making it hard to not hit the add to cart button :roll eyes:

“If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six sharpening my axe.”- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 01:04 PM   #431
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I know flares are not that popular on here, but I think that looks much better than before.

I have run flare-less before; having the fronts uncovered is manageable, but I hate not having the rear tires covered. I can't stand all the rain & everything that gets thrown all inside with the rears not covered.

Mce fenders are also a really cool design, imo. I don't play kill-o'sauris with trees or rocks, but having flexible fenders would definitely help for when they do hit.

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 09:03 PM   #432
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762 View Post
Have heard on a couple other forums that the Genright tire carrier bushings wear out fast and you have to lift the carrier to close it. Also rubber bushings do not seem like a great solution for longevity. I checked it out when I was at their facility last year picking up my RJ 60, it is super light and provides a good departure angle but the roll bar tie in and ability to off set the tire on the TNT is making it hard to not hit the add to cart button :roll eyes:
I have seen the Genright drop down and do not like it at all. I just added a drop down tailgate (which I think benderiff) has. I just want something that swings out so I can use the drop down for a work surface or sitting surface

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 04-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #433
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you very much. I put the carrier on the summer of 2011. Over all I am happy with it. I tried to order it bare because I had read numerous bad reports about the powder coating they use. I ran it with what they put on till it came off for the new corners. The carrier had rust in the lower lip that tends to collect a little water when it rains. It was minor, but still bothered me. I cleaned up the rust and painted it. I'll see how that works.

The carrier it's self is solid even with a 35'' on it. It doesn't make any noise. It opens and closes very smooth and easy. I would buy it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762 View Post
Super clean work man, jeep looks great! Question on the TNT rear tire carrier, how long have you had it and what are your thoughts on it? I am looking for a rear tire carrier and was pretty set on the aluminum Gen right swing out tire carrier but the TNT is half the price and looks like a solid design that might not squeak all day like many of the rubber bushing designs out there..
Unread 04-24-2014, 05:46 PM   #434
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sure I will do that. Anything I can focus on for you?

So far I like the rear flares. They have a base that bolts to the body and the flare itself is designed to pop off if it's hit hard enough. One of these days I get the Jeep back wheeling and test them out.

Quote:
Unread 04-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #435
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks. They have grown on me. The real test will be getting this thing out of the garage for a better perspective. I'd be happy to run flare-less, but the police don't seem to agree with me on that around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
I know flares are not that popular on here, but I think that looks much better than before.

I have run flare-less before; having the fronts uncovered is manageable, but I hate not having the rear tires covered. I can't stand all the rain & everything that gets thrown all inside with the rears not covered.

Mce fenders are also a really cool design, imo. I don't play kill-o'sauris with trees or rocks, but having flexible fenders would definitely help for when they do hit.

Sent by a messenger bird

Tags
4-link , fuel cell , johnny joints , mid arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.