4th Jeep Time to learn something TJ - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 4th Jeep Time to learn something TJ

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-27-2010, 10:03 AM   #151
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Cool. Which bumper? The AtoZ base, or the Swag off road one? Savvy has been good to me, and their stuff it great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharvey615 View Post
Awesome build like the new front bumper I almost ordered the same one the other night I might go ahead now after seeing yours. Love all the Savvy to!

Unread 12-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #152
-dirt-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just read your build thread after seeing your post elsewhere about your cage. Do you know if AtoZ corrected/changed the angle of the A-pillar bars to match the TJ windshield pitch?
-dirt- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 08:15 PM   #153
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -dirt- View Post
Just read your build thread after seeing your post elsewhere about your cage. Do you know if AtoZ corrected/changed the angle of the A-pillar bars to match the TJ windshield pitch?

Hey. I don't know if they changed anything. You should give Zach a call if you are considering his kit. Zach is a great guy, and has great customer service. The kit is a pretty good price, but it's a generic kit for YJs and TJs. That means it takes a fair amount of work to make it fit. i would consider just buying a tube bender, notcher, and the DOM after doing all the work I had to. I really like this kit also. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ba...-cage-1076451/
Unread 12-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #154
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Bought a lock box from Jeep outfitters. It's pretty solid, but was a pain to get it from them. Don't be in a hurry to get it, and I would call to order vs. there website which doesn't work worth beans.

I replaced the factory front drive shaft with a Tom Woods. The stock shaft had issues at the splines.

I picked up a small 6.5 Kicker sub, and just built a box that fits in the foot well of the back (the side that doesn't have a seat). It will provide more flat area for the dogs. The cheap-o sub I put in the back will go away since it doesn't sound very good now. I'm working on a storage trunk for behind the rear seat. It will be open to the rear door, so once that is locked it will be secure.

In the near future. Outboarding the rear shocks, spring bucket relocation, longer front shock towers and shocks.
Unread 12-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #155
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

How do you like the TW front shaft? Any Vibes at Hwy speed? 40-75?
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #156
kellyII
2009 JK Wrangler 

Hey Benderff, great build and great Jeep. But I wanted to ask you a question. As a Combat Veteran and maybe a little more paranoid person than most, but do you not worry about showing your license plate, your address, the street you live on and the state??? I mean all that info out there just floating around makes me think you dont even think about the crazies out there.

Sorry bro, I didnt mean to get off subject or Hi-Jack your thread, but I think youre giving way too much personal info on you and yours......
kellyII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #157
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
How do you like the TW front shaft? Any Vibes at Hwy speed? 40-75?
I did notice some vibes. I need to adjust my Castor which will help my pinion as well. I had the spicer no maintance u-joints put in this shaft. Less of a mess, and they seem to be easier to work with vs. the Tom's u-joints. The shaft is quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyII View Post
Hey Benderff, great build and great Jeep. But I wanted to ask you a question. As a Combat Veteran and maybe a little more paranoid person than most, but do you not worry about showing your license plate, your address, the street you live on and the state??? I mean all that info out there just floating around makes me think you dont even think about the crazies out there.

Sorry bro, I didnt mean to get off subject or Hi-Jack your thread, but I think youre giving way too much personal info on you and yours......
Thanks for your concern. We have something in common. Personal info is very easy to get on-line just from normal use. If we want to find someone it's pretty easy these days. You are right I don't need to make it any easier. I would like to think having two dogs that speak German, and a few other advantages weight in our favor.

Unread 12-10-2010, 07:49 AM   #158
tucanbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
Bought a lock box from Jeep outfitters. It's pretty solid, but was a pain to get it from them. Don't be in a hurry to get it, and I would call to order vs. there website which doesn't work worth beans.

I've been looking for something like this. I went to the site and didn't see it. is there a part number? are there other boxes like this?
tucanbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #159
kellyII
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
I did notice some vibes. I need to adjust my Castor which will help my pinion as well. I had the spicer no maintance u-joints put in this shaft. Less of a mess, and they seem to be easier to work with vs. the Tom's u-joints. The shaft is quality.

Thanks for your concern. We have something in common. Personal info is very easy to get on-line just from normal use. If we want to find someone it's pretty easy these days. You are right I don't need to make it any easier. I would like to think having two dogs that speak German, and a few other advantages weight in our favor.

Now thats a good pic, your wife doin some shooting, thats a great way to spend time together..
kellyII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #160
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucanbob View Post
I've been looking for something like this. I went to the site and didn't see it. is there a part number? are there other boxes like this?
TJ Storage Accessories : Jeep Outfitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyII View Post
Now thats a good pic, your wife doin some shooting, thats a great way to spend time together..
Very fun.
Unread 12-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #161
mdk98w
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Excellent build. Very nice jeep!!!
I will be using your build as a reference tool. Might hit you up with some questions here and there.
mdk98w is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2010, 10:34 AM   #162
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I'm still learning myself, but I'm happy to help if I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk98w View Post
Excellent build. Very nice jeep!!!
I will be using your build as a reference tool. Might hit you up with some questions here and there.

I sold my hardtop. It was getting beat up. I was looking to loose some weight, and I was sick of storing it in the summer. Replaced the upper front arms with some Curries, the old ones where a little to long for setting the pinion angle with a HP D30. Lower Currie arms on the way for the front now. Looking to finally outboard the rear shocks and line up the spring buckets. Then I am going to build a new tire carrier. I want to do a fold down style, and keep the rear mounts for the roof rack.
Unread 01-11-2011, 10:01 PM   #163
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Picked up a Kongo cage off of Craigslist for dirt cheap. This will be great for trips. Cleaned it all up, and painted it. It's easy to take on and off by myself.

Stored when I don't need it.

Added a tab for the CB antenna.

Unread 01-11-2011, 10:09 PM   #164
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Lower Currie arms arrived. Running lower and upper Currie arms and Currie springs with a belly up and a HP axle. I didn't even have to make a "why are my currie arms to short" thread.

I need to get to work on the stack of projects I have.
Speaker box (wheel well)
Secure storage box (behind 3rd seat)
Another HP D30 (Sleeved, Currie upper joints, Mini truss, OX)
WJ steering and brakes with the new D30
Outboarded rear shocks and spring relocation
Lower profile rear tire carrier and bumper.
Unread 01-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #165
tucanbob

nice updates.

hows the GYs with ice and standing water?
tucanbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4-link , fuel cell , johnny joints , mid arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.