4.7 stroker ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 4.7 stroker ?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 07-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
altune
2005 TJ Wrangler 

4.7 stroker ?

Hi,new to the forum .just got an 05 rubicon 33" tires 5" lift .
was wondering if anybody has installed a stroker to their 4.0 tj.
even with the standard transmission its a little sluggish.
dont get me wrong im not looking to make it a muscle car.
just needs a little more go.

altune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepstrokers.com

It's been done a few times...even with a manual tranny
Unread 07-16-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
altune
2005 TJ Wrangler 

was it worth the money? any drivability issues?
Unread 07-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

In my case, not sure yet. We got screwed over by a former club member so worth it is subjective to us.
UnlimitedRubicon over on JS did a 4.6 in his 2005. Might ask him about drivability and if it was worth it.

http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/me...profile&u=2453
Unread 07-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #5
dragginwagon406
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have and really like it, even with the stock cam and lifters. Driveability issues, sure, you'll want to drive it more.
dragginwagon406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 07:07 AM   #6
unlimitedlj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I think its a good idea its the safest way to get big gains without trying to experiment and ruin something good. I would be careful in your selection of strokers like anything else you pay for what you get. Don't just run down to a local shop without really getting a feel for whats going on and how they are going to do it. You don't want Jim bob the son of god doing it. Many times most local shops do everything in such masses that you don't get the best product and you might not get what you really need. I would make sure whatever you do that you check to see the person or persons doing it blue prints it and sonic test your block that you have or the one they would build for you in exchange for your old block. I plan to stroke mine when it goes but, lord only knows when that will be. If its anything like my 98 with 250k and still running I might be 50 years old before my 05 engine starts to show its age. I will say to check out Golen strokers they test everything before it leaves and you can a warranty with your engine. Email or talk to Chad Golen the owner super nice guy and can help point you in the right direction too.
unlimitedlj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #7
altune
2005 TJ Wrangler 

thanks to all who answered. i was just told 2012;s are getting 290 hp think ill wait and see.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.