311LJ's UNLIMITED Build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 311LJ's UNLIMITED Build

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-13-2011, 01:05 PM   #76
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Ya... Nothing like Moab.. I think Moab was a combination of bad gas, really bad spark plugs, vacuum leaks ect...

Currently I have good gas, new plugs with correct gap, new oil, new recharged filter, and today I replaced the vacuum line, and gas cap. I drove the jeep all over today and it feels so much better! I don't know of its my imagination or if it's really good now. But the throttle is more responsive, it doesn't stutter when stopping from speed, feels like I have more power. I cleared my codes about a week ago (haven't driven it much since September tho) so we'll see if a code comes back

07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #77
k9popo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311WJ View Post
Ya... Nothing like Moab.. I think Moab was a combination of bad gas, really bad spark plugs, vacuum leaks ect...

Currently I have good gas, new plugs with correct gap, new oil, new recharged filter, and today I replaced the vacuum line, and gas cap. I drove the jeep all over today and it feels so much better! I don't know of its my imagination or if it's really good now. But the throttle is more responsive, it doesn't stutter when stopping from speed, feels like I have more power. I cleared my codes about a week ago (haven't driven it much since September tho) so we'll see if a code comes back
Sweet lil Juan, hopefully that takes care of it

I love your LJ...
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2011, 01:03 PM   #78
98xjroks
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Subscribed...funny how things come around full circle sometimes. I was also toying around with trading my XJ for your unlimited back in Jan/Feb while this was for sale.
Anyway, all the elbow grease has really paid off and it's coming around nicely.
On my new unlimited I was also throwing a similar code. I ended up replacing and adjusting the OPDA to fix my code. Just a thought.

keep up the good work!
98xjroks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #79
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98xjroks
Subscribed...funny how things come around full circle sometimes. I was also toying around with trading my XJ for your unlimited back in Jan/Feb while this was for sale.
Anyway, all the elbow grease has really paid off and it's coming around nicely.
On my new unlimited I was also throwing a similar code. I ended up replacing and adjusting the OPDA to fix my code. Just a thought.

keep up the good work!
Ya my code came back after two weeks. I know the gas cap was bad tho. This one is way better. I'm going to smoke my system and see where there is a leak. If I cant find one I'll have to look at the OPDA as well, thanks for the tip!
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
I ♡ John
Unread 12-29-2011, 01:49 PM   #80
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Well guys, I have decided to go a different route with the LJ for now. I still have the goals of getting a Front G2 D44 , upgrading to a super d44 in the back and running 37-40" tires but I just need this jeep running good for a year or two while I try to find my dream job.

So instead I am going to buy some new 35's (my 37's are bald and only measure 34" anyways) and some lighter wheels (maybe k9popo's Moabs ) and I'm going to replace my back locker with a Detroit. These lunch box lockers hate 37's and it's just not working out. It was fine for a temporary fix but I need something reliable and permanent. I need shocks on all for corners as well.

I'm also planning on trying to cut weight. I have so much heavy armor that I'm going to start running spare less. Put on a simple rear bumper, fab up a license plate / cb antenna mount to mount on my tailgate covering the vent and paint my tailgate black.
I will then get a plug kit and have an air compressor in my closet to install.

Thoughts?
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
I ♡ John
Unread 12-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #81
98xjroks
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311LJ View Post
Ya my code came back after two weeks. I know the gas cap was bad tho. This one is way better. I'm going to smoke my system and see where there is a leak. If I cant find one I'll have to look at the OPDA as well, thanks for the tip!
I also replaced the Autolites the po had installed with the OE Champions which are important in the 4.0. Ps. Good Luck with the job!

Last edited by 98xjroks; 12-29-2011 at 02:05 PM..
Unread 12-29-2011, 02:02 PM   #82
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Ya I did that as well back in July. The gap was about 3 times what it should have been lol.
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
I ♡ John
Unread 12-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #83
98xjroks
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a good plan and you can't beat the Detroit for the rear. However, if it were me and this was my dd I would go the ARB route front and rear without any hesitations. Both my brother and my dad run the Detroit. My brothers is a dd and my dads is not. That being said they're great in a wheeler, but not so great in the dd.
I ran without a spare for a number of years and just recently went back to one because it really doesn't amount to much, but as long as someone in your group carries one I wouldn't sweat it to much.

My dad also installed the G2 44 front and the downside to the G2 unit is that they still use the D30 outers. If it were me, I would buy the Dynatrac housing and set it up the way you want. Another way to go would be to sell the d30/d44 that you have and pick up a set of Rubi axles (regeared of course). Anyway just some ideas
Unread 12-29-2011, 02:50 PM   #84
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Well I would like to go arb but that twice te money and in just trying to get it solid for now. I already have lunchbox lockers front and rear so for DD drivability the Detroit would be a nice step up. My WJ also had an aussie in back so I'm use to it.

But I will go arb when I do the full build. Probably a year after finding a job and the LJ will be paid off in 2.5 yrs
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
I ♡ John
Unread 12-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #85
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Also I've only put 1k miles on it since July. I walk to work cause it's 3-4 blocks
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
I ♡ John
Unread 12-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #86
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Oh! A real update! Lol

My tail lights were being lame..

Example..

image-504168189.jpg

I think the PO over tightened them..

So I called up ORO and they said they would send me a new set for the price of shipping

So here's the new ones

image-608152900.jpg
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
I ♡ John
Unread 12-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #87
00JGC00
2000 WJ 

I have a Jeep.
Utah JeepCrew #39 | Club Matt #1
December '11 GCOTM | Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/life-times-979511/
00JGC00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #88
stratons_tj
2000 WJ 

Not to thread jack or anything.....but how is ORO still in business? For every pair of tail lights they sell they ship out a new pair for free because of an inferior product? I mean for the consumer its great but as a company I couldn't stomach giving hundreds if not thousands of customers free products weekly. How much does a pair run roughly?
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #89
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Well they sell a lot and they have a new design that's been out for a year or so. They only replace them if u meet certain specifications. They are probably in my top 3 for customer relations when I've talked to companies. Awesome people at ORO.

I think they run like 250-300
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
I ♡ John
Unread 01-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #90
98xjroks
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311LJ View Post
I think they run like 250-300
$200 4 wheel parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.