2004 Jeep TJ Unlimited
4.56 Gears and LockRight Lockers Front and Rear
Rubicon Express Long Arm Kit with full belly skid and Custom 4 link Rear by Ben Hanks Racing
2" Teraflex coils and shocks
Cragar Soft 8 wheels, 15"
37x12.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler MTR's (old style)
no name front bumper and burned up winch
GenRight Highfender Flares, Corner Gaurds and Sliders
ORO Rear LED Taillights
Now yes, it needs some work. And yes it was previously built which goes against every part of me that loves building them... But I got this jeep for 11k. So for the low miles, it being an Unlimited and all the parts on it, I couldn't pass it up.
As you can tell from the pictures at the top, he slapped the GenRight Flares on and then sprayed primer on them while they were on the Jeep. You can see the overspray on the hood
Between the Time he took those pictures and I bought it, the primer had all but washed away and they were starting to surface rust. So the night I bought it I went to TuffJeeper's house and his dad helped me clean off the Primer on the body and we cleaned some things up and removed the seized up worthless winch..
We then headed to the some snow piles we knew of to play around ha ha ha
Big things are Axles and Tires
--It has a D30 and D44 and they are a little small for 37's lol
--These tires have like a half inch of tread. so some life but not much
Smaller things / Cosmetics
--Pull Cornerguards/ Fenders and get them painted or something to stop rust
--Coat the Tub because there is crappy carpet and a scratched up tub
--Figure out how to make the cut hood look better
So I decided the best way to find out what else I need to at to the list was to take it wheeling...
Sorry I don't have any great pics because it was in the dark but I got a pics at the beginning and the end lol
I did figure out a few things...
My pinion angle sucked and my rear lockright was acting up...
So I ordered a Spartan Locker for the rear to get me by until I can build axles..
I also Fixed the rear pinion angle.. the rear uppers where all the way short as they could go. I added 4-5" and got it all fixed.
Now if you've noticed in the previous pics.. the body armor was getting bad.. So it was time to get it taken care of.. I have a friend who does powder coating so I decided to do his standard Black with a little silver flake in it.
Here's how bad they got...
So My Wife and I started pulling them off... it was a ROYAL PAIN! The PO had welded over bolts / nuts and stripped some out so I had to cut some off and drill others out.. Took me all day to get them off...