30" plus. No lift? Possible? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 30" plus. No lift? Possible?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #1
Beardtime77

30" plus. No lift? Possible?

I fellas and ladies, kind of an odd question here, I need larger tires. Stock rollers just won't cut it anymore. Not bad, I've lasted almost 5 months with my 98 TJ 4 banger.

I don't want to go high. I've seen the big lifts and tires. I really don't want that look... Or complication trailing and being way off camber is enough in a stock ride. I've already flopped her gently on her side.

Now, that being said, I would like to run 30" plus tires with little to no lift. Not a lot of cutting or fab, Maybe a 1" body job but that's it. Can I do this? Has anyone else low rides their lift with big rubber? Any suggestions? Ideas? max tire size with no lift?

Thanks in advance guys.
Beardtime.

Beardtime77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 03:13 PM   #2
crkid
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Highline fenders,tummy tuck, 1" BL. Will have to wait for someone else with more knowledge about the suspension geometry. I have seen people clear 33" skinnies fairly easy with stock coils and moderate body work.

I am currently running 1" mml and bl with a tummy tuck and 3/4" spacer in the front to level it on 31's. big difference over stock...
crkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 03:19 PM   #3
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

metal cloak fenders front and 1" BL would get you up to 33s with no cutting.
Unread 01-22-2014, 05:27 PM   #4
Beardtime77

Thanks. Metal cloak? Know of any online retailers?
Unread 01-22-2014, 05:39 PM   #5
Beardtime77

Ah the power of the goooogle... Thanks for the point in the right direction. I really envisioned more of a stock tj look but this could work.
Unread 01-22-2014, 05:59 PM   #6
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have 30" on stock YJ without problems. I don't think a TJ would be any different.

30" all terrains give you almost stock like highway handling, but a little extra edge off road.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.