3 person rear seat in a TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 3 person rear seat in a TJ

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-20-2014, 02:40 AM   #1
mills410
2004 TJ Wrangler 

3 person rear seat in a TJ

I am a recent owner of 2004 TJ. I am looking into adding a stock or aftermarket JK rear seat. I have 7 1/2 yo twin girls and have one on the way (will be here in Oct!). I have seen a few post here and there about a third seatbelt and some talked about adding a true 3 person seat.

Has anyone out there put a rear JK or aftermarket 3 person seat in their TJ? I've read that a TJ rear seat is 36" and a JK rear seat is 41" and would require cutting of the fenders. If so that is not an issue. My questions is, how much modification is needed to make the seat fit? Will a JK seat bolt right to the TJ floor once the fenders are tubbed out?

Anyone with pictures of this completed project or advice would be great. This is going to be my next project for the TJ.

Thanks

mills410 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.