2015 Willys "Blue Betty" - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 10-21-2015, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
illusionzz
2015 JK Wrangler 

2015 Willys "Blue Betty"

So I figured with all the upgrades and stuff I fully intend on breaking (not on purpose of course) I figured I'd keep a record here of what's done.

I am a 32yo first time jeep owner and mild knowledge of wrenching truck driver from Florida. Bought this so I could take my better half and 3yo daughter to places a civic can't go

So here she is at the dealer.
uploadfromtaptalk1445425306789.jpg
Spent way too much with horrible credit and am surprised I'm not living in this thing. But luckily driving a semi over the road has it's perks. Money is always there.

So I finally got her home and what's the first thing I do? Yup you guessed it...
uploadfromtaptalk1445425420455.jpg
Took it playing. Shortly after this (less than 24hrs) I had to go back out on the road. In a month I have acquired these
uploadfromtaptalk1445425481539.jpg
(Couldn't beat the buy one get one deal Morris was offering) and last night at 8:46 central time I won a fleabay auction for a 10,000lb X20 Smitty Synthetic Rope Winch for 400.00. Couldn't beat it and dam sure don't regret saving two hundred.

Goals to do when I get home next week?
Build my own door holder
Install winch and bumpers
Start assembling my spare cb parts
Get it on a trail

Wishes?
They change daily...2.5 is probably max lift that I'm gonna learn to do myself.
Set of 33s if I can talk myself out of the 35s. Being that I have 32s on there now I'm finding it hard to justify spending the extra money for only a inch lol.

But I will update this any chance/purchase/question.
Thanks for reading if you did.
Chris

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-21-2015, 07:56 AM
Morris4x4Center
Morris 4x4 Center

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Sure is a beauty! Smack that bumper on, lets see it!

- Morris 4x4 Web Team

Morris4x4Center.com

Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories
Toll Free: 877.553.5337 | Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
PM us for any questions.
post #3 of 11 Old 10-21-2015, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
illusionzz
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris4x4Center View Post
Sure is a beauty! Smack that bumper on, lets see it!

- Morris 4x4 Web Team
Just ordered more things from y'all as well...love the fast delivery and getting what I'm paying for!
Recovery kit, shackles, etc
Basically all the things I need to put myself in more pickles lol

post #4 of 11 Old 10-21-2015, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
illusionzz
2015 JK Wrangler 

Plus it's two bumpers
uploadfromtaptalk1445437330974.jpg

post #5 of 11 Old 11-04-2015, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
illusionzz
2015 JK Wrangler 

Ok so got the bumpers installed, winch installed, spacers installed, mirror guards on the fender by the window installed.

Everything was great...except one thing.

The Smitty bumpers lined up perfect and have no issue with how they look except I'm a little irritated at the design. The tubing blocks 90% of the front blinkers.
Seems like a itchy reason for a bored officer of the law to nail me. I'm still more confused as to how it's been on the shelves and no one has said anything. As I said it all fit great with holes lining up etc though. The look is aggressive, the bumper is sturdy, the winch is recessed into it which I love. But the blinkers being covered might be enough for me to research on a new one. Here's a pic from the side till I can get my other half to take a front pic in the morning as I have left the state.
uploadfromtaptalk1446628997656.jpg

Meh just my rant for it.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-04-2015, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
illusionzz
2015 JK Wrangler 

And here's what I was referring to
uploadfromtaptalk1446646966939.jpg

And my winch line is out because when I went to clean the sand out of it I noticed the crimp line that rope attached to that had the o-ring that connects to the motor had let go
Called smittydepot to find what I needed because Lowes didn't have one and not only did Smitty go above and beyond apologizing for it...they sent a new one for free!! As much hate as there is for Smitty products...I'm loving mine so far.
post #7 of 11 Old 11-23-2015, 03:18 PM
mcdmorcor5
2016 JK Wrangler 

Nice build. im 32 yr old first time jeep owner also. i wont even have mine for another 2 weeks or so but ive spent countless hours reading up on mods already. how was the install on the bumper? seems pretty straight forward. looking to do many of the same mods. front and rear bumpers. front and rear fenders. prob a 2-3" lift. rims and tires, naturally. winch. upgraded lights, light bar, etc. Gearing it up to be more of a snow beast than a trail beast.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-23-2015, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
illusionzz
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdmorcor5 View Post
Nice build. im 32 yr old first time jeep owner also. i wont even have mine for another 2 weeks or so but ive spent countless hours reading up on mods already. how was the install on the bumper? seems pretty straight forward. looking to do many of the same mods. front and rear bumpers. front and rear fenders. prob a 2-3" lift. rims and tires, naturally. winch. upgraded lights, light bar, etc. Gearing it up to be more of a snow beast than a trail beast.
Very very easy...My holes lined up perfect so I just used a floor Jack to get it lined up then it held itself. If you get winch I would suggest getting that installed on the bumper first before installing the bumper itself. Very very cramped lol
post #9 of 11 Old 12-23-2015, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
illusionzz
2015 JK Wrangler 

So haven't been able to do much with my jeep outside of a wheeling trip and such. Christmas has bogged me down from buying parts.

I did get a pair of what look to be brand new Smittybilt seat covers with the pouches for free. They came off a guys jeep that he was selling. My other half works at the jeep dealership and I still swear she flashed him for them but whatever.

I also did something for my daughter that I thought she would love. She absolutely loves riding in the jeep and we were talking about what to get her for Christmas...so of course...why not get her her own JEEP!!

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1450864130537.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  44.4 KB
So I ordered this...but I didn't like it...and I know it's her present but why not add some spice to it.

So after a few more dollars spent and about four gotta work over two days I made this.
uploadfromtaptalk1450864204393.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1450864261427.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1450864294546.jpg
But painting it to mock mine wasn't enough...it needed...more

So as you can see in the pictures I added leds. In total fifteen. She has headlights, marker lights, brake lights, and a license plate light that lights up her custom license plate. These aren't the greatest pics of it finished but gives you a idea. Oh and I had one light extra so she has a hood light as well.
uploadfromtaptalk1450864414628.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1450864456119.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1450864432463.jpg

Future plans for hers are the spare tire mounted and maybe a lift? Who knows lol

So after all that merry Christmas to all and happy New year's!! Be safe and keep it right side up!
post #10 of 11 Old 12-23-2015, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
illusionzz
2015 JK Wrangler 

Oh yeah I forgot...to keep in fashion with Blue Betty we even gave hers a name.

uploadfromtaptalk1450864778691.jpg
post #11 of 11 Old 12-24-2015, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
illusionzz
2015 JK Wrangler 

Ok so I know the mile high club is supposed to be banging in the sky....but I had to boast about this...

I'm currently on a flight going home for the holidays and I just ordered jeep parts from Morris while in the air....Oh hell yeah...
Got me a spare tire spacer (the rear bumper and the stock willys wheels aren't getting along...this is a temporary fix till I get a tire carrier)
And some sway bar quick disconnects....
Being that I live in Florida I expect Morris to have supreme service as always and I'll be slapping the new stuff on this weekend if not beginning of next week....doesn't matter either way I got off work till the 4th.

Merry Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and screw you for the rest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.