2014 JKUR baby hauler build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2014 JKUR baby hauler build

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-17-2015, 02:02 PM   #1
AdamH07
1981 CJ8 

2014 JKUR baby hauler build

My wife and I welcomed our first child in November and couldn't feel more blessed. This resulted in some vehicle changes around my house.

At the time we found out we were expecting, we had just purchased her a 2014 JKUR. At the time I was daily driving my '06 LJ Rubicon. No worries right? People put kids in the back of 2 door vehicles all the time. We didn't feel a change was in order.

Fast forward to last month when I began taking my daughter to and from daycare. Lifting her into a lifted LJ into the back seat wasn't fun and was just going to get worse as she grew. My wife and I decided I would start driving the JKUR and she could have the LJ at home in case something came up (she has a home office). Well, my wife is tiny so we practiced her putting the baby in and out of the LJ. That didn't work at all.

Ended up selling the LJ Rubicon to a guy in Nevada and bought my wife a Grand Cherokee Overland HEMI. Below is a pic of the LJ before it left for NV. Now that brings us to the JKUR being my daily driver and the need to build it up some.

photo.jpg

AdamH07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2015, 02:14 PM   #2
AdamH07
1981 CJ8 

This is my (our) 3rd JKU. I bought a '07 JKUR right when they came out. When I sold it 5 years later I was on 37s, Poison Spyder / LoD all around, etc.. etc... It now resides in California. During that time my wife had a '11 JKU Sahara that after 1.5 yrs only had 6k miles on it due to some extra vehicles we have that she liked driving so we sold it. This one will not end up like the '07. Let's face it, around here you don't need a JKUR on 37s to have fun. It was overkill. FYI - I am 5'9" Below is a pic of it:
big-jeep.jpg  
Unread 02-17-2015, 02:17 PM   #3
AdamH07
1981 CJ8 

Below are a few pics the day we picked it up. heated cloth seats, nav, etc... need to pick up a soft top for it.
img_2209.jpg   img_2075.jpg  
img_1432.jpg

Unread 02-17-2015, 02:19 PM   #4
AdamH07
1981 CJ8 

First "mod" was putting on a used set of factory steps once my wife became pregnant and had a hard time getting into it. Glad that I was able to take those back off recently.
img_2099.jpg

Unread 02-17-2015, 02:21 PM   #5
AdamH07
1981 CJ8 

I have Poison Spyder bumpers to go on it. The front should be here tomorrow. I plan to drop it and the rear swingout off at the powder coater later this week. I kept the Warn 8274 off my LJR and have adapted a Warn universal winch plate for use on the front bumper.
img_2100.jpg

img_2183.jpg

Unread 02-17-2015, 02:23 PM   #6
AdamH07
1981 CJ8 

I also installed a Teraflex 3" lift with 4 arms along with Spidertrax spacers over the weekend. I love the stock wheels and wanted to keep them. I ordered 35" MTRs this morning. If it rubs too badly I will add a 1" bodylift. I want to keep it as low as possible. I am fortunate to have a 4 post lift in my garage that this has to park under so I need it to stay as low as possible. With the planned 35s and a potential 1" body lift I would just squeeze by under the lift.
img_2182.jpg

img_2186.jpg

img_2187.jpg

img_2188.jpg

Unread 02-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #7
AdamH07
1981 CJ8 

Tires are on back-order but should be in around Wednesday next week. Dropped off the Poison Spyder stuff this morning and was told a week or less. Gonna be a busy next week!
Unread 02-20-2015, 10:54 AM   #8
d1backwoods

2010 JK Wrangler 

Love your LJ, but family comes first always.

Looks like your got a great start on the JKU.
Unread 02-24-2015, 07:43 AM   #9
AdamH07
1981 CJ8 

tires came in early. now just waiting on the bumpers to get back from powdercoat later this week.
tires.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.