2012 JKUR "Almost Build" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2012 JKUR "Almost Build"

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
Cosmobull
2012 JK Wrangler 

2012 JKUR "Almost Build"

I ordered my 2012 JKUR in May and finally picked it up just over a month ago. I decided on a Rubicon because I want it to be as capable as possible in stock form. Although I don't plan on doing any suspension changes for the next couple years this is still a Jeep and half the fun is making it your own. This thread will include anything I've installed/ changed including prices and any issues that are worth noting. I do a ton of research before I buy anything so hopefully this will help others looking to do the same modifications...

Cosmobull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
Cosmobull
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ace Engineering Rock Rails

These were my first mod. I actually ordered them before I got my Jeep, the amount of positive feedback, especially on this forum, was unbelieveable. I ordered them from Jason at Krawl Off Road, he was great to work with and if you PM him he will likely give you a deal. These Rails are side specific and only took about an hour to put on by myself. Keep in mind you have to grind all the encapsulated washers by about 1/16" so they fit in the housing on the rail. I used a grinder and just held each washer on for 5 seconds and they turned out perfect. To do this by myself I just used a 5 gallon bucket to balance the rail and it got me close enough to the holes so I was able to bolt them in with little effort.
I have nothing bad to say about these rails, if I didn't have the Rubi rails they may not look as good but the fit and finish is excellent. The main reason I got them was because I needed a step for my 4yo daughter to get in the back and they work perfectly for that!
acerail.jpg   ace2.jpg  
Unread 09-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #3
Cosmobull
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hotheads headliner and rear window surrounds

After a few 100+ degree days I decided to purchase the Hotheads headliner and rear window surrounds. The total price was $282 shipped. They arrived packaged better than most electronics I've had shipped. The install was about as easy as it gets, wipe the surface of the hardtop with acetone (nail polish remover), and press the panels into place. I did a dry run first to make sure the fit was correct. They turned out perfect and look like they came from the factory (which they should have). I noticed the heat reduction immediately and the added sound dampening is just a bonus. I'll post pictures shortly.
Unread 09-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
Cosmobull
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hotheads headliner

Pics of the Hotheads insulated headliner.
hh1.jpg   hh2.jpg   hh3.jpg  
Unread 09-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
Cosmobull
2012 JK Wrangler 

PUTCO LED interior lighting

I replaced the anemic dome lights with PUTCO LED lighting. Huge difference almost too much light. Cost was $48 for front and rear lights and its as easy as replacing the bulbs.
putco.jpg   putco2.jpg   putco3.jpg   putco1.jpg  
Unread 03-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #6
Dhaire17
2013 JK Wrangler 

did you not have an issue with the map light staying on when you replaced the dome light? I got the same one for my 2013 JKU and what I think I've concluded is that there is a resistance deduction in using the LEDs and it doesnt cause the map lights on the rear view merrior to not turn off? Thoughts?
Dhaire17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build , lighting , modifications , mods , rubicon

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.