2012 build. awinski - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2012 build. awinski

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 02-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #76
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

UPDATES: well the quest for a good junk yard axle still continues. seems like the electronics will be the hardest part, aside from finding dana 60s wit 4.56 gearing. so i have an updated plan, ive also been reading up on building the stockers, i know a d30 will never be as strong as a 60, but im sure i can make it strong enough for 37s. artec truss, and gussets, custom 1/4 skids across the bottom, cromoly shafts, CTM u joints, and a regear. really want to get 60s but if i can't find any in order to get it done by late fall then ill be going with this plan.

awinski is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #77
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

not that anyone cares. but ive been retalked into devoting this next 9months on my axles. have a lead on an 05super duty axle. this is the ideal axle too!
Unread 02-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #78
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
UPDATES: well the quest for a good junk yard axle still continues. seems like the electronics will be the hardest part, aside from finding dana 60s wit 4.56 gearing. so i have an updated plan, ive also been reading up on building the stockers, i know a d30 will never be as strong as a 60, but im sure i can make it strong enough for 37s. artec truss, and gussets, custom 1/4 skids across the bottom, cromoly shafts, CTM u joints, and a regear. really want to get 60s but if i can't find any in order to get it done by late fall then ill be going with this plan.
Quote:
not that anyone cares. but ive been retalked into devoting this next 9months on my axles. have a lead on an 05super duty axle. this is the ideal axle too!
I care! I was sad to see that you were going to just build your Dana30, personally I'm just waiting until mine breaks to justify upgrading Glad that you might have a lead and hopefully it's something promising!

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #79
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

haha thanks for caring tanimal! yea d 60s up here are a dime a dozen, thats not the problem, the problem is making it (jk compatible) i wasn't just building it, the vision i had it would've been the most monsterous d30 in history, but the thought that i could have two 60s for same price or less. i can't pass it up, by the end of the year my tires will be worn, the 60s should be done, ill bolt them on with the new set of tires and wheels. i didn't want to get that involved, then i remembered, i have atleast 9months.
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #80
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

helping a friend this weekend in his shop with his cummins build, after that im gonna whip something up for my tire carrier, ive bought everything and it will be rattle free and no metal rusting hopefully. also will be wiring up reverse lights, and license plate lights if there's time! should be fun! update pics on sunday hopefully
Unread 02-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #81
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

got the reverse lights wired. the cummins work took longer than expected. anyways, heres a crappy cell pic. not bad for $3 off amazon
reverse-lights-.jpg  
Unread 02-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #82
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

will be tucking the rear bumper/ cutting the frame rails this weekend, debating upon two different ideas, one requires lots of cutting, and the other requires lots of cutting and some welding, we'll see how this works out.
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #83
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Good lookin rig...side note, the above video link doesn't work.
Unread 02-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #84
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raider View Post
Good lookin rig...side note, the above video link doesn't work.
thanks tomb! i know, dumb youtube deleted the vid because of the music used, a friend did all the taping, its a shame because he rode along for the really epic parts, like where i school both of my buddies two doors in a muddy hill climb . once the better two parts are uploaded ill put links
Unread 02-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #85
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

got some work down on the rear bumper, trying to get everything perfect so it sits almost flush with the pinch seam, will only stick out about 2" now. this means the tire carrier will also be closer, how much i will tuck that is still undecided. but the TC should be done in the next month.
bumper-chrom-001.jpg   bumper-chrom-002.jpg   bumper-chrom-003.jpg  
Unread 03-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #86
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

finished up the rear bumper today, only sticks out about 2", used the plasma cutter to remove the rear cross member, and to cut the correct shape out of the bumper, then it was just simple drilling from there to remount it.
plasma-cutting.jpg   no-crossmember.jpg   who-needs-crossmemeber.jpg   body-mount-fixed.jpg   sanchezi-finally-home-006.jpg  

Unread 03-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #87
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski
finished up the rear bumper today, only sticks out about 2", used the plasma cutter to remove the rear cross member, and to cut the correct shape out of the bumper, then it was just simple drilling from there to remount it.
You want to make me a rear bumper?!? Looks good!
Unread 03-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #88
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

haha i didn't actually make the bumper, a shop in reading did, i just modified it to my liking. i could do it, if you're ever in pennsylvania lol
Unread 03-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #89
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

So are you going to use the tire carrier again? If so are the mounting bars going to be lengthened to get the tire to fit in it? It looks much better sucked in by the way.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #90
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
So are you going to use the tire carrier again? If so are the mounting bars going to be lengthened to get the tire to fit in it? It looks much better sucked in by the way.
right now the main concern is getting this bumper sanded, and repainted, im still debating on tire carrier, the tire should now only sit about 1" from the tail gate now, so i shouldn't have to lengthen anything, used to sit about 4-5" away. and yea i like the look alot more, im gonna take the 1/4" piece of steel i cut out an weld/bolt it on underneath for even more strength.

Tags
2012 jku build , awinski , offroad evolution , rock krawler , trimmed fender flares

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.