2012 build. awinski - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2012 build. awinski

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!

Unread 01-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #61
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski

glad to hear, you can probably just add it to your build. you have enough traffic there anyways. haha my shocks are really wide, i probably have half a cm at full flex, but thats enough for me. probably go with some sort of coil over in the future anyways. or four link.
Will do. Wasn't trying to hijack. Sorry!

Unread 01-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #62
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

hahaha no problem, was just saying that would be a great place to add it, people really seem to visit your build (it was a compliment)
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #63
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski
hahaha no problem, was just saying that would be a great place to add it, people really seem to visit your build (it was a compliment)
Oh, I'm tracking. Thanks for your help on the tb bracket issue.
Unread 01-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #64
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

no problem BB!

so some , seems UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive been convinced to build for 37s. DOT bead locks from a site, forget the name, and military surplus 37" mtrs will be ordered in the spring. we are now starting the search for junk yard dana 60s, 4.10s are dime a dozen but really trying to find 4.56s. ugh inspection will be fun with d60s and 3.5" backspacing. rears will have a very nice limited slip as are, so ill probably go arb for the front. this will be a LOW budget build. after that, drive shafts will be addressed. and then transfercase. . never thought id go this big but ought to be fun.
Unread 01-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #65
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

I could have swore I dropped a line in here but I guess I was wrong. Creeped on this thread a few times and really like what you've done. Just read your post that you'll be building for 37s and D60s. I always tell myself I won't go bigger than 35s but we'll see how that goes.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #66
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

well i really wanted to stay at the 35 range, get a 44 up front, and call it a day. but the cost to take two 60s from the junk yard and flip is less than to buy and build on 44! and then my buddy showed me a few military surplus places to get cheap tires and dot approved bead locks. eventually i was convinced. ill be doing this all soon after my inspection in june. but ill hopefully be building the axles soon. thanks for the comment tanimal.
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #67
n3tfury

3.5 RK with 35's AND flats? Do you have a direct side shot of this? Looks real good from other angles.
n3tfury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #68
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3tfury View Post
3.5 RK with 35's AND flats? Do you have a direct side shot of this? Looks real good from other angles.
i think this is the best i have, it looks a little funny cuz i was parked on a hill ill get a better one when the weather is a little better.
jeep.jpg  
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #69
n3tfury

Not too bad. Thanks a lot man!
n3tfury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #70
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

no problem, i really like the look of it, but i can't wait to get some 37s under there.
Unread 01-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #71
y87j
1987 YJ Wrangler 

bad *** jeep man love seeing it at school makes me wish i had mine their... great build!!
y87j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #72
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by y87j View Post
bad *** jeep man love seeing it at school makes me wish i had mine their... great build!!
thanks, yea its nice commuting, where do you go?
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #73
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

on a lesser note, reverse and tailgate lights came in today. should be fun little project tucking wires.
tail-lights-005.jpg  
Unread 02-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #74
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

got some wheeling in this weekend at rausch, not as complicated courses as id like, but it was fun all in all really surprised with my rigs capabilities when i did get to run some harder trails (purples and one black). wanna run some harder trails next time im there. friends editing a vid, thatll be up soon.
winter-wheeling.jpg   819176_10151719151404852_1092200250_o.jpg   profile-pic.jpg   now-flex.jpg  
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #75
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

and wheeling vid, part one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0x6T...ature=youtu.be

Tags
2012 jku build , awinski , offroad evolution , rock krawler , trimmed fender flares

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.