2012 build. awinski - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2012 build. awinski

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #31
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski
seems ill be getting my vacuum pump relo tomorrow or saturday. jeep will be in the shop next saturday getting a custom stinger and recessed winch mount. decided on the quadratec 11k lbs winch. seen the 9k pull a cherokee out of some nasty stuff and it seems like a great product for the cost. the money from selling my current front bumper will go towards front corners. now i just need to decide.
QUESTION: if you had to choose, AEV procal or high lift jack? need an answer towards the end of the night leaning procal.
If I had to choose...I would figure out why I needed both, but I would go with the procal first. I have only used my hi lift once...and it was for another jeep owner. On the other hand, I have used the procal many times.

Walle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #32
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Hi Lift = rice wing for 99.9999999% of people.

If you want a Procal you must actually need a Procal amarite? The Procal is a snap to use and programs instantly which I love. 2 seconds to make a change.
Unread 12-14-2012, 12:01 AM   #33
BftXJ

Procal, it has way more use to you than a high lift will
JCR stage 2 sliders
Detours Tailbone Tire Carrier
Flowmaster 40, dumped after axle
BftXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:23 AM   #34
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

i can see the importance of a procal, but as of now its just my tire pressure light, and my speedo/ everything else is off by about 10%. i went with the lift as i am probably going to use it often, and i won't NEED the procal till next summer when i regear, i should be able to buy it by then anyways.
Unread 12-14-2012, 06:13 AM   #35
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath
Hi Lift = rice wing for 99.9999999% of people.

If you want a Procal you must actually need a Procal amarite? The Procal is a snap to use and programs instantly which I love. 2 seconds to make a change.
Exactly. The manual states that the factory warranty can be voided if the odometer isn't accurate.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #36
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
i can see the importance of a procal, but as of now its just my tire pressure light, and my speedo/ everything else is off by about 10%. i went with the lift as i am probably going to use it often, and i won't NEED the procal till next summer when i regear, i should be able to buy it by then anyways.
You have an automatic?
Unread 12-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #37
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

You probably use the Procal more that the hi lift. Have you adjusted your computer for the 35s?
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #38
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

6 speed manual, ill be able to buy the procal in a month or so, but having no lift right now is starting to get annoying. the stock jack broke a while back while jacking a friends rig offroad on uneven ground. well, it more bent good thing we were just swapping out a tire and it was after we got the new one on. actually, when i sell my current bumper i will have the money for the procal. anywho, back on track. vacuum pump relocation should be here today, so that means i can install tomorrow. im gonna try to keep records with descriptions and make this an actual build thread, since those are the things i like to read in others builds. its a shame i couldn't do that for the first part of the build. but i guess thats what i get for starting the thread half way through the build.
Unread 12-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #39
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
6 speed manual, ill be able to buy the procal in a month or so, but having no lift right now is starting to get annoying. the stock jack broke a while back while jacking a friends rig offroad on uneven ground. well, it more bent good thing we were just swapping out a tire and it was after we got the new one on. actually, when i sell my current bumper i will have the money for the procal. anywho, back on track. vacuum pump relocation should be here today, so that means i can install tomorrow. im gonna try to keep records with descriptions and make this an actual build thread, since those are the things i like to read in others builds. its a shame i couldn't do that for the first part of the build. but i guess thats what i get for starting the thread half way through the build.
Have you looked at the ARB air jack?
Unread 12-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #40
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

its a good idea, its just more price and i don't know anyone with one so i can't be too sure on the rigidity of it. plus the price for one where i could have two high lifts and change. thanks for the suggestion though
Unread 12-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #41
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
its a good idea, its just more price and i don't know anyone with one so i can't be too sure on the rigidity of it. plus the price for one where i could have two high lifts and change. thanks for the suggestion though
Did you know tractor supply sells Hi Lift?
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #42
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Did you know tractor supply sells Hi Lift?
False - Tractor Supply sells a Reese "farm jack". While it is rated equally for lifting, it is not tested or rated for winching or clamping.

Hi-Lift

Not Hi-Lift
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #43
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
No cockwad, Tractor Supply sells actual Hi Lift AND Reese.

Here is some quick prof drummed up:

http://www.cherokeetalk.com/forum/f8...65/index4.html

I got there all the time, they have both side by side.
Cockwad, nice

Must be a regional thing...only reese on their website, and last time I called them (when I bought my most recent), they didn't carry Hi-Lift brand. Had to order from one of our vendors.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #44
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

hey guys, its already ordered, haha. and the local tractor supply does not sell hi lift. checked there before
Unread 12-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #45
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

winch came in today. also the high lift jack, which ill make a mount for inside the trunk (its kinda scratched from shipping and i hate rust, plus i wanted it inside any ways as i plan on making a tool box soon) anyways heres some pics of the winch (i know nothing exciting) jeep goes in for the front stinger saturday so ill have to rig the vacuum pump till the relocation bracket comes in.
winch-apart.jpg   winch-together.jpg  

Tags
2012 jku build , awinski , offroad evolution , rock krawler , trimmed fender flares

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.