JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep Builds (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/)
-   -   2012 build. awinski (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2012-build-awinski-1432553/)

awinski 10-28-2012 06:43 PM

2012 build. awinski

8 Attachment(s)
welp, my jeeps done, atleast for the winter, i started a thread a while back but alot of people seemed to disagree with me being in highschool. got into jeeps from my dad, he started me out with my 01 tj which we regretfully sold. right now im in the first year of college at UTI. anyways so heres the jeep bought in june. all custom armor made by a local shop in Reading, Pa. it was cheaper to start plus i helped him so it really brought down the price. my plan is to never skimp on quality, but to get quality at a lower cost.
mods:*edited as i go
RK 3.5" x factor
fox res. shocks
down N dirty stubby front bumper with stinger
down N dirty rear bumper
down N dirty rockers
down N dirty tire carrier/rear stinger
ORE rear corners
black rock 15x8" rims
35" mickey thompson MTZ
dynomax exhaust
amazon $3 led reverse lights
quadratec q-series 11k winch
everything painted originally with rustoleum bed liner, that wasn't good enough so i monstalined it, still have to do the rockers

****mods to come when crappy job allows: *also edited as i go and as they change
junkyard 1-ton axles
tuck rear bumper & maybe tire carrier
trailworthy fab hummer double beadlocks
military take off 37s
any way heres the pics.

yoda13 10-29-2012 08:27 AM

Jeep looks good:thumbsup:

bhoch 10-29-2012 09:13 AM

nice - digging the front bumper!

Jeepjet 10-29-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awinski (Post 14371416)
welp, my jeeps done, atleast for the winter, i started a thread a while back but alot of people seemed to disagree with me being in highschool. right now im in the first year of college at UTI. anyways so heres the jeep bought in june. all custom things made by a buddy at a local shop. it was cheaper to start plus i helped him so it really brought down the price.
mods:
RK 3.5" x factor
fox res. shocks
custom frontbumper
custom rearbumper
custom rockers
custom tire carrier.
ORE rear corners
black rock 15x8" rims
35" mickey thompson MTZ
cherry bomb exhaust
everything painted originally with rustoleum bed liner, that wasn't good enough so i monstalined it, still have to do the rockers
mods to come when crappy job allows
metal cloak lift, metal cloak fenders, 37s, wild boar fast back top, dana 44, sleeves, gussets, and regear to 4.88
any way heres the pics.

Nice job! Don't be discouraged by people's opinions here or anywhere else for that matter your going to run into that throughout your life and besides opinions are like Jeep's everybody'd got one! Ken :cheers2:

1222 10-29-2012 02:36 PM

Very nice; thatís quite an accomplishment, 2012 Jeep included, for someone of your age.:thumbsup:
:cheers2:

awinski 10-29-2012 05:43 PM

thanks guys, still alot i wanna do, i have pictures of pretty much everything step by step, also want to change the title of this thread, but that seems impossible

442Wrangler 10-29-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awinski (Post 14376031)
thanks guys, still alot i wanna do, i have pictures of pretty much everything step by step, also want to change the title of this thread, but that seems impossible

Message a moderator or ask on this thread.

1222 10-29-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awinski (Post 14376031)
...also want to change the title of this thread, but that seems impossible

Send me a PM and Iíll change it for you.

awinski 10-30-2012 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
just a little hurricane sandy fun

awinski 10-30-2012 12:52 PM

made it all through out his wood trails then got stuck in the field, just a lil ironic

awinski 10-31-2012 03:01 PM

so next im thinking artecs truss for the front d30 and the d44 when i get more money, but wanna build the front d 30 first. then axle shafts or sleeves, anyone know some good sleeve/ axle shaft company? i know ORE makes good sleeves, just wondering if theres some others.

paul84043 10-31-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awinski (Post 14385812)
so next im thinking artecs truss for the front d30 and the d44 when i get more money, but wanna build the front d 30 first. then axle shafts or sleeves, anyone know some good sleeve/ axle shaft company? i know ORE makes good sleeves, just wondering if theres some others.

If you get bogged in the mud like that again, air down a bit and then turn side to side while trying to move forward, also try reverse...
Airing down works wonders.

awinski 10-31-2012 04:51 PM

you figure that out all on your own? aired down to 15, wasn't going any farther just to get out, once the hole was dug there wasn't any getting out without a tug, behind me was all bushes when i came out as i tried to go up the hill all it did was move sideways across the bottom, i tried just about every angle etc. it was just too wet at that point, as we took pics after the jeep started to slide on its own. sorry i know some people don't think about airing down its just to me when people tell me stuff i already know i take it as an insult at first.

pentastarguy 10-31-2012 08:51 PM

nice looking jeep. looks like a fun "sandy" day!

1222 11-01-2012 12:36 AM

Too bad you donít have lockers; most likely you could have gotten out your own. Also a winch along with the pulpal would work great in those types of situation when youíre alone and hopelessly stuck without an anchor point.

Unfortunately those things donít come cheap so itís not on everyoneís list.

I applaud you for not only admitting, but showing the pic of you stuck exiting the trail. That oneís a keeper for sure.:thumbsup:

The time now is 11:53 PM.