2010 JK...Slow Build as money allows!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2010 JK...Slow Build as money allows!!

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 06-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #16
ucfgto
2010 JK Wrangler 

Update: Gotta get caught up on the build.

Ok bought the bumper from Northridge4x4 and as always they had great customer service!

The brown santa brought me the bumper and two days later it was go time.

Overall, the build quality of the bumper is great. The welds are a thing of beauty. The bumper appeared solid and stinger braced well.

I went to a friends house (Basically his garage is Ace Hardware:bounce And it began:

Removing the crash bar:

More removal of the crash bar-now with long sleeves and gloves:

After removing and grinding down the welds from the crash bar and trimming some of the frame horns, my buddy had the most amazing cutting tool (Besides a plasma cutter of course). This thing was awesome, it made very clean and straight cuts. Note: in order to use the tool we had to trim some of the flat frame horns in order to fit it over the frame rails. A Plasma cutter would have made the job much quicker.

Bumper primed:

Frame cut 2" and crash bar removed w/ welds ground down.

First coat of spray on bed liner:

Primed and painted the frame rails to keep rust away:

Second coat done: Frame rails drilled:

Bumper mounted and bolted down:

Ok, we noticed when we were torquing the nuts on the bottom to 85 ft/lbs the frame began to cave a little.........so I remembered reading how others on this site have created a bracket to help distribute the torque. So we took the factory bumper brackets and cut them down and welded. It worked perfectly and provided a much stronger platform on the bottom of the frame. I highly suggest this to everyone running this bumper.

Here is the photo of the bracket:

2010 Wrangler Sport M6 16" MB72 wheels, 35" Duratrac tires, 2.5" Rough Country Lift Kit, Hella Black Magic Driving Lights mounted on Rugged Ridge Windshield Mounts, 4.56 gears, F/R Trutracs, Sleeves and gussets, and more.......
Clermont Jeep Club
ucfgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #17
ucfgto
2010 JK Wrangler 

and here is some photos of the finished product.

Driver's view:

D30/D44 Riddler covers were also installed. These things are tough!

2010 Wrangler Sport M6 16" MB72 wheels, 35" Duratrac tires, 2.5" Rough Country Lift Kit, Hella Black Magic Driving Lights mounted on Rugged Ridge Windshield Mounts, 4.56 gears, F/R Trutracs, Sleeves and gussets, and more.......
Clermont Jeep Club
Unread 06-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #18
ucfgto
2010 JK Wrangler 

Rancho stabilzer gave out on me so I replaced it with a bilstein.

Skyjacker shocks were replaced for Bilstein 5100's. The ride difference is amazing.

RC front trackbar was replaced for a JKS.

Tereflex limiting straps were installed on the front axle.

Front 2.5" bumpstops were installed.

Well after much research I decided on purchasing the Recon 10,500 winch. I ordered it off of Amazon bc of giftcards and received it about a week later.

Here is the blank canvas:

Box came a little beat up-thanks UPS. Thankfully the winch was packaged well so no damage:

Poison Spyder fairlead mount:

The only little issue we ran into was the pre-drilled holes in the fairlead mount were too small for the fairlead bolts. Simple fix of a drill bit opening them up a little.

Winch installed:

Photo with the synthetic line cover installed:

Haven't got to do any pulls with the winch and will update once I do so! Although, the wireless remote seemed to have stop working while spooling the line on during install.

-Alex
Clermont Jeep Club
Unread 07-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #19
ucfgto
2010 JK Wrangler 

Picture of the new setup out wheelin.

Clermont Jeep Club

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.