2009 Rubicon Unlimited build-up, 41" tires ~ 9.5" lift - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2009 Rubicon Unlimited build-up, 41" tires ~ 9.5" lift

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-08-2010, 09:15 AM   #31
JPTwinz
2009 JK Wrangler 

Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response but I'ts been hard for me to get on the web lately.

It's funny to see all the 'do you wheel it?' comments since that's the #1 question I get asked all the time. The answer is YES....can't a supermodel also be a doctor? This Jeep isn't my daily driver so it sits idle M-F, waiting for the weekend. I documented nearly all of the build of this Jeep on jk-forum.com since Feb 13th of last year (My new 40" tires waiting for wheels!! - JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board), including plenty of trail pics for those that seem to need some sort of justification that it is more than just a show Jeep.

For whoever made a comment about they could wheel what I did in a XJ on 31's, I applaud you ....if you take a look at the some of the pics in my main album those were on a series of trails in Arizona that 85% of the guys on local Jeep forum wouldn't even touch due to their technical nature and equipment requirement. You see, when photos are taken they are usually done when there's a chance for me or someone else in our group to actually stop what they're doing (spotting, wheeling, etc) and take one. People always forget that the craziest most 'hard core' photo opportunities are passed by since everyone is involved in making it through without carnage. My Jeep wasn't built to take a flop (just yet) but rather give my family (with twin boys) a chance to enjoy the AZ back roads without worrying if we can make it through or not. I am not an expert wheeler by any means and my Jeep is more capable than my current skills allow for but that's the reason I get on these forums so I can learn more and find ways to join in on trail runs.

I'm running 40" tires (actually 41" Iroks now) on Rubicon Dana 44s (which stock, are stronger than stock TJ Rubicon D44s) along with Teraflex c-gussets and RCV Performance CV style chromolly front axle shafts (JK TJ YJ Wrangler Axle Upgrade | Editorials Blog & Discussion at Jp Magazine). I'll also be adding Teraflex sleeves soon here. I have run 40" tires for over a year now and gurantee that I have more trail miles than street miles on them with no worries. I learned from others' mistakes early on so I started with the RCV shafts which in the longrun had probably helped me more than I will ever know since it prevented collateral damage that could have weakend other parts of the axle leading to future breakage. I also plan on upgrading to Dana 60's as soon as TeraFlex offers a front one. So just like everything else on the Jeep, the axles will at some point be replaced too but for now, that extra $10k-$20k is better served in my bank account than on my Jeep regardless if a guy on the web needs more proof that my Jeep is more go than show.

JPTwinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #32
jlax2485
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Well said JPTwinz...you build your rig to suit YOUR tastes...and btw very nice JK man
jlax2485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #33
03Jeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome rig man. I read through your build on the jk-forum and loved it.
Sienna Pearl Coat Club Member #24
/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)-o-)_)

My totaled TJ rebuild
03Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #34
TOLjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

got any pics of the IroKs?
Mopar Rubicon Rockers,Warn Front Bumper, Bestop Rear Bumper, Banks Exhaust, K&N FIPK
Next: 1.25 Inch Body lift, SAVVY Corner Armor and Steering, PSC Rocker Knockers
Down the Road: Ford 8.8, 3 Inch Springs, 35" Mud Grapplers on Black 20's
TOLjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #35
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Right on man. Im usually the first a-hole to ask the "do you wheel it" question, but I mean no hate!

I just hate seeing people that build them like that with ZERO intent to use it. That's very common in socal. I moved away from that ****!

That said, you drive a monster truck. hahaha

How's the power/pick up on that thing?
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 12:04 AM   #36
cj7major77
1977 CJ7 

Very sexy jk man! People just hate because they can not have it haha. Like another person said you build it to your own personal wants and if you like it then more power to you! This has to be one of my favorite jk's. Great job!!

Official NObama Club Member!!!
Built Not Bouught Member
Texas Jeep Club Member
cj7major77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #37
JPTwinz
2009 JK Wrangler 

So photobucket got blocked at my work so I'm late to the game with pics. But here's some off-road shots just before SEMA last year.

12psi along with my CV style front axle shafts....

Iroks vs Nittos. The Iroks though in this pic are unmounted so they look alot narrower which should change once they're aired up.

JPTwinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #38
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

How do you like those axle shafts? I've been debating them myself.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 07:29 PM   #39
PRNDL
2004 WJ 

All the comments about the 41" tires on JK rubi D44s are hilarious since the naysayers are probably running 35s on a stock D30.

I'm a LCG fan myself, but no doubt this Jeep is sick.
PRNDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 07:39 PM   #40
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Looks nice. With a snorkel and boggers it would dominate in the mud here.

I cant wait to see it with Iroks. For some reason I hate Mud Grapplers, here they are the only thing you see on mall crawlers or BFG all terrains.
Unread 03-17-2010, 07:57 PM   #41
KINGJB
1999 XJ Cherokee 

that's an awesome Jeep
Unread 03-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #42
csouers
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmitchell View Post
Yep. I do. Thanks. I actually wheel it every weekend.

It's a nice jeep, but it's freaking massive. It looks like a show truck.

At that point, it's less... "my jeep isn't capable enough", and more of... "how are we going to fit that through there?"

But each to his own.
Right on. Wasn't talking about yours though, but the OPs. I know you wheel yours. My xj and I are practically having an affair because of yours.

The JK is crrrazy. I like that you're keeping the looks up to par, but still use it for what it's intended; being a Jeep. My oh my would the bank hurt after doing ANY of what you have. Props to you my friend.

My Photography
csouers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #43
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Wow,what a jeep
787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #44
colgatefootball
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Man....I give him credit...Id be scared to wheel it...there is more money in that thing than every single vehicle combined Ive owned in my entire life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks knarly, would turn my head if I saw it anywhere!

Im envious to have that kind of cash to build trucks with!! :-)
colgatefootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #45
jlpowell

awesome!!!!
jlpowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.