2006 TJ Rubi Build from bone stock - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2006 TJ Rubi Build from bone stock

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 11-20-2009, 09:43 AM   #31
CRWDDYZ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sport44 View Post
yep you bought the lift i want lol and 5.13's look sweet too, only thing is...i like the good year mt/r's or the bf km2's though in a 37", can't wait till i build mine like yours

I know what you mean.....3 years waiting for this build.....almost killed me

I wanted the Kevlar MT/R's and had them on order for 35's, but when I switched up to 37's I found out they are not available in 15" so I changed to the SSR's. If I do not care for them I change up to the bigger wheel size so I can get MT/R's when these wear out.

Unread 11-20-2009, 09:47 AM   #32
nriver
2011 JK Wrangler 

nice updates
Unread 11-20-2009, 09:42 PM   #33
CRWDDYZ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks nriver.....

Today I changed my mind on the rear bumper. I was going to go with the Smittybuilt XRC rear bumper/carrier to match my front bumper....but things change during a build I'm learning. Had the XRC rear all mounted up and I just did not like the looks of it on the TJ....nothing specific I can point out. It just did not work for me, so I returned it. I went a totally different route now....ordered up a Genright Boulder Series swing down carrier in black. Added the rear mounting plate and reinforcement plate and the LED back-up lights that fit into the plate, these will work great since I am going with recessed LED's from TNT on the full corners. This carrier/bumper just looks rugged and I think it will work well for toting a 37" spare.

The TJ is rolling now on the 31's.....it is at the exhaust shop getting a little exhaust tweaking done. Lift, steering, gears, diff covers, axle shafts, CTM's have all been completed. The rear bumper/carrier should be here by Tuesday and installed. The TNT fenders, corners, sliders should be here around Thanksgiving. I will then get those powder coated back and installed. Then I get to mount the 37's and finally see it transformed from stock. Can't wait. I should have more pics up ina day or two. Holidays will slow my progress a bit I'm sure.

Last edited by CRWDDYZ; 11-20-2009 at 09:55 PM..
CRWDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2009, 11:24 PM   #34
99XJon
1999 XJ Cherokee 

clean look build CRWDDYZ
99XJon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #35
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

dude you're gonna love those tires! I have them in 32's and they are great and should actually give a decent road life if you take care of them. My buddy got like 20k out of his and he almost never rotated them, did burnouts because he was happy to have an 8.8, and never re aligned his jeep after he lifted it. I've got about 7k on mine and they look new, except for the scratches and chunks from really beating them off road haha! but besides that tread depth is fine.
Unread 11-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #36
CRWDDYZ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys....and Jeepbro...thanks for the positive info on the tires. I cannot wait try the out.
Unread 11-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #37
russ03tjsport
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think you will like the SSRs you should just send them to me...they are a great tire though.
russ03tjsport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #38
CRWDDYZ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ03tjsport View Post
I don't think you will like the SSRs you should just send them to me...they are a great tire though.
Cool...more good news....the wait is killing me....
Unread 11-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #39
CRWDDYZ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Latest updated pics 11-23-09. This beast is HUGE !!!!!

37's mounted, winch mounted, High Steer installed, still waiting on 5150 Bilstien Shocks to arrive and Genright rear tire carrier and crossmember needs to be installed.

Teraflex HD High Steer Kit

Riddler Diff Cover and High Steer

Tail pipe...new muffler too...sound much more aggressive

10,0000 lb winch

Unread 11-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #40
CRWDDYZ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

TNT advised via email that my 4.5" Tube fenders, corners and sliders should ship early next week. Then off to the powdercoater.

I am thinking about adding a Genright 25 gallon gas tank and Genright tank skid. The stock tank will be out due to the crossmember being installed for the Genright tire carrier....so seriously considering doing the tank now.

Anyone have any experience with gas tank swaps ? Does all usually go well ? Any problems after with fuel pumps or fuel gauge not functioning properly ?

Thanks....
Unread 11-24-2009, 09:19 PM   #41
nriver
2011 JK Wrangler 

Tank swap easy. Well as easy as a tank skid swap.

Hardest thing at the stock fuel line and evap line connectors. Just pinch the sides and they come off.

25 gallon tank? No room for a stretch there...

Putting in the Comp tank now. Well I have had it in and out many times. Should have it finished this week.
Unread 11-24-2009, 09:39 PM   #42
4wdjeepguy
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Do you have a part number on that tera flex steering kit? I thought they only made it for the dana 30... That is one good lookin rig
4wdjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2009, 11:12 PM   #43
CRWDDYZ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20rubicon05 View Post
Do you have a part number on that tera flex steering kit? I thought they only made it for the dana 30... That is one good lookin rig

20rubicon05....It is actually the one for the Dana 30......as a D44 is really a D30 with just a bigger pumkin...everything else on the D44 is the same as the D30. The TF High Steer kit is very heavy duty however. We'll see how it stands up on in the rocks. Thanks for the compliment...I'm digging my baby.
Unread 11-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #44
CRWDDYZ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well....I just ordered up the Genright 24.9 gallon fuel tank with the Genright tankguard. They reccomend a 1" body lift with this set-up as well....I guess it is for clearance between the top of the tank and the vent/hoses.
I figured my gas mileage is going to drop with all these mods so better geta bigger tank....that extra 5 gallons will be handy.
Unread 11-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #45
russ03tjsport
2003 TJ Wrangler 

That is one nice looking Jeep.
russ03tjsport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.