This is my first jeep so I will need some help along the way from the experts here. I just installed a front Smittybilt XRC bumper last week. The matching rear bumper(arrived today, 11-09-09). Not the toughest bumper but I like the looks, we'll see how it fares. (Well it did not last long....mounted it 11-20-09, did not care for the look so returned it. Ordered a Genright Boulder Series swing-down carrier instead.)
I am going to do this build right the first time and will spend the coin to make it right. Please share your ideas, advice and suggestions.
This is my first Jeep and will likely be with me for life. As I have a company car, my jeep only has 16k miles on it
I plan to have this build done before spring 2010. (Update: Decided to go ahead and get it all done NOW....I should have stage 1 completed in 3 or 4 weeks now. Last of the below parts ordered today and most are on-hand as of 11-9-2009). Wow...this is taking much longer than anticipated. Should now be done around January 27, 2010. NOW IT IS DONE....at least for now...
I have not made many decisions yet on the build, but here are what I have decided. (UPDATED - Lots of decisions made with help from many of you here...THANKS ! Updates in bold text as of 11-9-09.
1. Rubicon Express 4.5" Extreme Duty Long Arm suspension - Installed
2. Pro Comp Black Steel D-window 15 x 8wheels, because so many have soft 8's - Installed
3. 37" x 12.5 x 15 Super Swamper SSR Radial Tires - Installed
4. TNT Tube Fenders 4.5" with LED kit - arrived on 12-15-09, painted black semi-gloss and being installed today, 1-23-10.
5. TNT Extended Full Corners with 4.5" flares with LED kit - installed.
6. TNT Sliders - arrived on 12-15-09, installed 1-23-10.
7. Bilstien 5150 Resivor Shocks - awaiting arrival....unknown date...long delay at Bilstein...bummer...got one delivered 12-21-09...waiting on three more....finally got the shocks, guess Bilstien had them back-ordered and closed down over the holidays. They are now installed !
8. K & N CAI - .....this needed to fit TNT Tube Fenders, stock intake will not fit with TNT Fenders. Installed 1-22-10.
9. Superior Chromoly Axles front and rear - Installed
10. CMT U-joints - Installed
11. Riddler diff covers front and rear - Installed
12. 5.13 re-gear. - Installed
13. Smittybilt XRC10 10k lb winch - Installed
14. RE CV Shaft - Installed
15. Teraflex HD High Steer Kit - Installed
16. Genright Rear Boulder Series rear tire carrier bumper, and a hitch on it as well. - installed
17. Genright 24.9 Gal welded aluminum fuel tank and Genright HD tank skid plate - Installed...
18. Genright 1" BL - awaiting arrival.....this was not needed after all. Genright said it was to install the above fuel tank, but the tank fit with good clearance all around.
19. ACOS Bump Stops - Installed
20. Skyjacker Rock Lock - Installed
Future planned upgrades:
Full Weld Cage - need help on selecting which one
Seats & Harnesses - I want 5 point with seats with slots for harnesses
Rubicrawler by Advance Adapters
1. Upgrade Brakes
2. D60's, built
3. Upgraded steering (possibly hydro)
Please feel free to make suggestions on the build ! Thanks
Here is the stock pic followed by the XRC front bumper pic.
and.........as of 11-23-09....more current pics at end of thread....
Stage 1 finished....cell phone pic....more pics coming at end of thread....