2006 Rubicon TJ Wrangler from stock. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2006 Rubicon TJ Wrangler from stock.

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
JustinBooth52
2006 TJ Wrangler 

2006 Rubicon TJ Wrangler from stock.

Im 18 and I had a 98 Wrangler I traded with some cash and another vehicle for my new Jeep 06 Rubicon. It has 101,000 miles and is bone stock except for the running boards that the last owner added on. I started this so I could post pics over the next few years as I build this beast.

jeep-rubicon.jpg   interior-rubi.jpg  
JustinBooth52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
JustinBooth52
2006 TJ Wrangler 

101000 miles and I just changed spark plugs, oxygen sensors, air filter and heater resistor pack.
Unread 03-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
JustinBooth52
2006 TJ Wrangler 

first major problem: [QUOTE="JustinBooth52"]okay so any time I get on the gas hard from a dead stop or late rate of speed, also if I climb a hill a low rate of speed and really make the engine work the check engine light comes on and the jeep goes into limp mode and won't rev past 2250. the RPMs just bounce between 2000 and 2250. it resets itself when I turn it off and back on. the CEL code is P0206 which is open circuit on injector 6. I took it to the dealer and they diagnosed it with a bad PCM and estimated 800 to fix. I took it home and bought the PCM off line for 300 and I'm gonna install it my self. it comes plug and play ready(preprogrammed). but this didnt fix the problem. I returned the PCM and took it back to dealer. after a full day of working on it the came back again with PCM. I know that was false so I told him to keep it and keep working on it. the next day I call because I decided I was going to pick it up and take it somewhere else and he said hold on the think they found it and they are out testing it. about ten minutes later they called back and said the think they found it but can't tell because it only had a little fuel in it so they couldn't test to much. I said I would be right over. got there and he showed me how the wiring from the injector was running hard on the AC compressor cause it to short losing fuel input at injector 6 causing it to go to limp mode. he moved harness and showed me two other places it was doing it. I'm gonna go over it all but as for right now it seems the problem is fixed! I am so happy I have my RUBI back!!!!!!
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #4
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Pretty bad that the vehicle pointed you right to it..... well the "dealer", and they still just wanted to throw a new ECU at it. One thing about these Chrysler vehicles is that they are actually pretty smart.... and WILL tell you whats wrong and be pretty darn accurate. I've been very impressed with that aspect of my TJ. Let this be a lesson to you..... stay away from the Dealer. Figure it out on your own, or find a mechanic you can trust. OH... NICE JEEP!!!!
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
JustinBooth52
2006 TJ Wrangler 

thanks man and yeah I probably won't be going back to dealer. I just couldn't find anything on the injector and what not but I was to nervous to get into the harness and mess something up so I took it in. the guy seemed a little dumb. he said my wrangler was super fancy and the engine compartment was crazy with wiring and sensors. I have worked on a few others and wranglers aren't near as bad. from now on it will be my own garage not the dealers.
Unread 03-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #6
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinBooth52 View Post
thanks man and yeah I probably won't be going back to dealer. I just couldn't find anything on the injector and what not but I was to nervous to get into the harness and mess something up so I took it in. the guy seemed a little dumb. he said my wrangler was super fancy and the engine compartment was crazy with wiring and sensors. I have worked on a few others and wranglers aren't near as bad. from now on it will be my own garage not the dealers.

That is hilarious because as far modern vehicles go it doesn't get much more simple than your Jeep. Anyways, I too would have been hesitant to get into the harness, but you just have to look at things in their simplest terms until you understand them. Keep doing research until you understand what you're dealing with and you will be fine.
Unread 04-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
JustinBooth52
2006 TJ Wrangler 

replaced my thermostat.. small but needed since it was running at 155 and now is running at 210 like it's suppose too!
Unread 07-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #8
JustinBooth52
2006 TJ Wrangler 

my new summer jobs requires me to have clothes for 1-4 days, flame retardant clothes, booths and tools at all times. plus I have my emergencies stuff and as you know there is no room in the back of my jeep for all that but I hate to have stuff laying around up front so I made a wood shelf. three bed slats braced together resting on the wheel wells painted black!

image-447608989.jpg
Unread 07-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #9
JustinBooth52
2006 TJ Wrangler 

added a ham radio in the roof with a bracket that i made that screws into the door jam holes on the role cage. I like it it I'm thinking of a hole over head custom console system.
Unread 07-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #10
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Good looking Rubi , I think red just looks good on a Jeep . What are you doing that requires flame resistant clothing ? And whats the next mod on the list ?
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #11
JustinBooth52
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm installing monitoring systems on Natural Gas wells. I can't decide what my next mod will be. either a high rock 4x4 front bumper with chrome grill guard or 2in coil spring spacer lift. I want the lift so bad but I'll be leaving for college in August and I'll need all the gas mileage I can get. I'll probably do some small thing inside like the drake off road accessories.
Unread 07-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #12
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

A motor mount lift and 1.25" body lift would make for a good solid start . Once those are installed you could add a tummy tuck which opens up a whole new can of worms.
Unread 07-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #13
JustinBooth52
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley
A motor mount lift and 1.25" body lift would make for a good solid start . Once those are installed you could add a tummy tuck which opens up a whole new can of worms.
I have also looked in to that because once I get out of college and start making the big bucks and can afford another vehicle this project is going to take off and it would be a step I have to take for all my plans anyways. the 2in BB lift would be thrown away after college.
Unread 07-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #14
JustinBooth52
2006 TJ Wrangler 

got the power hooked up to my ham radio today. anyone know any good channels in charleston WV.

image-3100980174.jpg
Unread 07-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #15
JustinBooth52
2006 TJ Wrangler 

list of future mods to come...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.