2006 Rubicon TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2006 Rubicon TJ

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4The Jeep Forum Discount is ON!

Unread 05-25-2015, 06:50 PM   #1
Prestrong
2006 TJ Wrangler 

2006 Rubicon TJ

My dad and I just bought our 3rd jeep (we still have the second one). We bought this jeep on ebay from Georgia.
Specs:
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
74,000 miles
6 speed manual
Silver
33 inch pro comp tires
2 inch spacer lift
4.11 Gears
exhaust, throttle body and fuel injection upgrades

Besides a leaking main seal on the axle which is getting fixed now the jeep is very solid. The jeep is was over geared for the 33 inch tires so we may go to 35s so that we are not in 6th gear at 30 mph. Also the rear bumper was loose and I spent all weekend fixing a broken bolt after breaking one trying to tighten it.

Future upgrades:
OR-Fab Stinger
Warn M-8000 warn winch
warn rock sliders(Ordered but say for 1998-2003 but idk what changed so I hope they fit)
Spider Shade (Ordered)
Rear Bumper support brackets (Ordered)
Floor Mats Engine Skid
Poison Spider Diff Covers
Seat Covers
Rear Body Armor
Air Compressor(Purchased and working on install)
Optimum Battery
Head Lights
Fog Lights
Rear Lock box
35 inch tires
4 inch Rubicon Express Lift

Next weekend I am looking at installing the rock rail, Radiator skid, OR-Fab Stinger, Finishing the air compressor and the rear bumper brackets. I will also hopefully be picking up a warn winch if I can find a decent deal and taking in offroad for the day. The weekend after that I am looking at taking a trip up to marble falls and at the end of july I am looking at driving the jeep with no doors or top up to Arkansas stopping at off road parks along the way and possibly running the Ozarks (High Water Line) Trail and going some off road parks along the way.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for the jeep, jeep trip or what color to use as a secondary color on the jeep.

Prestrong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2015, 03:19 PM   #2
Prestrong
2006 TJ Wrangler 

6/8/15 Update

New Parts:
Spider Shade: This shade is much higher quality than the rugged rigid sun shade that I have in the JK. It also helped with spiders falling on my dad and I this weekend.

Warn m8000 winch: I got this winch for a steal at $400. I have already used this winch 2 times when I slid into the ruts and high centered the jeep. The first time we used it the winch nearly brought down the tree we were winching from.

Warn winch plate: This plate is very substantial although it is not made to work with the front bumper that is on the jeep we made it work my stacking washers under the rear bolt. This winch plate will hold up until we replace the bumper at the end of the year.

Arb Air compressor: I picked up this air compressor for $100 and it seems very substantial. I am yet to try and use the compressor to air up the tires yet.

Rock Hard bumper Brackets: The rear bumper was very loose and we had broken a bolt trying to tighten it I got these brackets to support the bumper. When installing the bumper I broke the bolt a second time trying to install it with the brackets.

This weekend my dad and I went out to the local off road park. The 4.11 gears did better on the freeways then what we thought they would. Due to the recent flooding parts of the parks were closed but it was good to get the new jeep out there and see how it performs. We got stuck 2 times but the warn got us out both times. During the trip we learned the best ways to use the lockers in the mud and if were to go back we wouldn't of slid into the ruts and gotten stuck.

The first time we got stuck we should have put 2 tires in the rut and 2 out.

The back view

Bonus pictures of a person that got stuck.

The jeep is currently having issues with the front outer seal on the axle leaking and the rear axle grinding. We took it into a shop last week and it did not fix it so we took it back today.

The next thing for the jeep is skid plates, rock rails should be here the 4th of july then it is a new lift and 35s inch Kevlar.
Prestrong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.