2006 Rubicon First Jeep - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2006 Rubicon First Jeep

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?

Unread 05-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #76
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

My vote is for the A to Z's, too.

They are dirty, but maybe it helps.

purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #77
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Psst....Rokmen.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #78
Hunter7158
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Haha thanks guys. Kind of a mixed bag between A to Z and Rokmen. Ill check the prices and look for any differences... What do you guys think about the powdercoating they offer? Did you all go that route? or get them bare steel and rattle can them? I dont want a textured coating. I want a smooth black metal. What type of paint would you all suggest? and what brand of bed liner should I use on my tub?
Unread 05-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #79
Hunter7158
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Also, WW2WW? or Between flares? differences? pros and cons?
Unread 05-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #80
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Rokmen are ww2ww. The welds are sweet. Go rattle can....they will get scratched. Jeff @ Rokmen is great to deal with. I went with the gaskets and internal braces.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #81
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Rokmen are ww2ww
My A to Z's are too and yes go rattlecan. It is easy to touch up after they get abused.
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #82
boilerup1998

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Both are good. You cant lose. Definitely rattle can. That way you won't get pissed off the first time they get a big scratch from the rocks.
boilerup1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #83
Hunter7158
2006 TJ Wrangler 

A to Z ww2ww rocker guards are sitting on my front steps when I get home. Got the soft top on last night after much frustration and cussing. A lot louder with the soft top but I expected that.
image-990473730.jpg  
Unread 05-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #84
Hunter7158
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What type of rattle can paint is best? Want a smooth finish and probably semi gloss or satin...
Unread 05-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #85
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Krylon Fusion Satin seems to be a favorite of many. That's what I plan to use on my tub armor when I get it back.

BTW, when you are buying all this stuff for your Rubi, always check first to see if you get a Jeep Forum discount.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #86
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos
Krylon Fusion Satin seems to be a favorite of many. That's what I plan to use on my tub armor when I get it back.

BTW, when you are buying all this stuff for your Rubi, always check first to see if you get a Jeep Forum discount.
Krylon fusion is a plastic paint which people use for painting there flares and such, not sure how well it will work on metal....

Rustoleum spray on bedliner looks awesome on sliders and bumpers... just make sure you go over it with a clear coat rattle can or even a shiny black, b/c just the bedlinner will fade after a while....
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #87
cfmiller58
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i brush on rustoleum on my frame. i cant imagine it would look too bad if it was rolled onto the sliders. rocks will still get to it, but will stand up a little better to mud being thrown at it.

The Build
cfmiller58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #88
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If you want the powdercoat look and feel then get some Rustoleum Textured... great stuff. Very durable and easy to touch up.

Just another option.
merc_bumper.jpg  
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #89
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post
Krylon fusion is a plastic paint which people use for painting there flares and such, not sure how well it will work on metal....

I stand corrected. I spoke without being fully in the know. Thinking back, Krylon Fusion is always talked about in regards to flares. Sorry for the wrong info. Hunter is looking for smooth finish, but I like the idea of the textured. I'm actually thinking of switching out my crappy sliders for some Rokmens since I have Rokmen tub armor that will be going on this summer. The tubes on my sliders have severe gouges in them. I hope that better quality tube sliders will stand up better to the abuse I subject them to.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
Unread 05-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #90
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hunter, you still planning on joining this weekend? The numbers have dwindled down, but there are still a few of us going and mostly beginners, so it would be a good time for checking out the place and cutting teeth.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.