2004 TJ X Build/Update Thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2004 TJ X Build/Update Thread

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 02-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #91
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Installed the Novak today. Install wasn't bad, just takes time as you are in such a tight space (I didn't take the skid or front driveshaft out). The instructions are decent, but not great. Install, adjustment, and test drive took about 2.5 hours.

I found it easier just to unbolt everything that comes out, then just pull it all out. That way you aren't fighting with all of those push in connections (they are a pain to get out in a tight space). Then if it all won't come out as one unit you can just pull everything apart.

One reason the install took so long was I chose to take the Novak out as one unit, then make sure the nuts that hold the cable in place on the brackets were super tight on the benchtop.

Factory CRAP out:

Novak all buttoned up:

This was well worth the price, and install time. Shifting from any of the ranges to another is seamless and smooth. No exaggeration, this is something that should be on everyone's list.

Unread 02-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #92
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Friends and I headed to Interlake on Monday, had a great time. Thankfully the trails were not too wet, seems they haven't had much precipitation up that way. My Jeep is much more capable than before, was able to get through most anything without much issue at all (although we did steer away from a few trails we came across to play it safe). Waiting on more pictures from the others.

Friend in his CJ on 33s got stuck in this water hole at the end of a trail, was able to quickly get him out.

There was a hill climb that had my number, gave it several tries - but no luck. At the top of the trail on the driver's side there are big roots from a tree next to it, so its hard to get over. Really wanting a front locker now!

Also got sick of the long antenna hitting the windshield frame on the tails, so sourced this 13" antenna from Autozone for $14. Yes, the Jeep is still very dirty, going to address tomorrow - it has already been washed once with a pressure washer

Unread 02-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #93
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Rear aux lights added today:

Unread 03-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #94
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well, time for a change. Naked tailgate:

Unread 04-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #95
04ljunlimited
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93civic_Sedan View Post
Well, time for a change. Naked tailgate:

i'm liking the naked tail gate
[FONT="Impact"][SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/04-lj-unlimited-budget-hopefully-1334608/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/04-lj-unlimited-budget-hopefully-1334608/[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT]
04ljunlimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #96
SloPokTJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

GAH... i love those 33x10.5x15 tires... the skinny look is amazing!!! how do you like them in the mudd?
SloPokTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #97
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks all. The tires did really well last time I was out. No traction issues anywhere. Friend on 33x12.50 BFG ATs was stuck a few times, I was able to pull him out with no issue. They ride good on the street also.
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #98
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Couple of updated pics. Only real change is I replaced my RE shocks in the rear with Skyjacker 7000s. I didn't really want to, but one of my RE shocks started leaking fluid. The Skyjackers were cheap and should hold me over until I revamp my rear suspension.

Unread 09-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #99
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sold hard top as the Jeep is no longer a DD. Rampage soft top and header bar, Bestop door surrounds and tailgate bar are in route and set to arrive later this week.

Unread 09-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #100
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Best top door surrounds installed last night. Planning to move forward with the rest of the top this weekend if time allows.
Unread 09-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #101
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Install wasn't terrible, if it were warmer out I think it would have been easier.

Bikini mode:

Full top:

Unread 02-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #102
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Welp, time to bring this thing back from the grave...

Have gone wheeling a couple of times since this last post and all is well. But am kicking around the idea of replacing my front 2" spacers with 3" springs and new (correct length) shocks. This would properly level out the Jeep.

My main question is - while I am in the process of replacing said items would it be worth my while to chop and extend my front shock towers with Ford f-series towers? As I have a BL I believe I would be able to extend the tower appx 3". Cost of longer shocks would be negligible, Ford towers are dirt cheap, welder access is sorted.
Unread 02-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #103
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well. AEV ran out of their 3" front springs. Called, and they are fully out of stock and from what I hear they will not be restocking them. I believe AEV is getting out of the TJ market to focus on the JK. Ended up ordering a set of 3" front BDS springs and longer Skyjacker Nitro front shocks. I would have preferred Bilstein or Fox, but want to wait until I replace all 4 to match. At that time I will probably outboard the rear and do Ford towers up front.
Unread 02-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #104
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Spring cleaning for the TJ today:

-Removed all of the carpet from the Jeep, vacuumed, soaked the carpet in water+oxyclean, rinsed. Is sitting in the sun drying right now.
-Gave the front axle a quick shot with brake cleaner, scuffed it with a wire brush, let it dry, hit it with a quick coat of flat black spray paint.

Before:

After:

Took a few minutes to grease the steering, and spray the shock mounts with PB Blaster as new shocks and springs will be going in this weekend.
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #105
wranglerTX
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Good desicion on the bds springs, installed them this week and big diffenrence, you'll like them.
wranglerTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.