2004 TJ X Build/Update Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2004 TJ X Build/Update Thread

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair1997 - 2001 Jeep Cherokee Header Panel

Unread 01-31-2011, 07:06 PM   #16
kyleboender
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks good. Nice and clean. keep it up

kyleboender is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #17
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So a few friends and I headed to Interlake off road park in Lynnville Indiana yesterday. Left the camera at home on accident, but did manage to snap this one of my Jeep at the top of a big, wet, slick hill climb:

The park was super sloppy and my tires did not like it. But the Jeep did really well and kept up with a CJ on 33s. I was pleased, the Anti-Rock is working out great.

Planning ahead and thinking I am going to maybe do a tummy tuck, front mechanical locker, or possibly a winch here soon. Just can't decide...
93civic_Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 05:35 AM   #18
frAnken_rubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice shot. I just finished putting on my tummy tuck. So far it has really helped out over the old "shovel". Definitely worth it.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/frankin_rubi-tj-build-1140219
frAnken_rubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #19
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! I defiantly hit mine many many times yesterday. I am getting sick of it.
Unread 02-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #20
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Took the time to clean it up a little more today. Mainly focused on the underside (axles, frame, transfer case area, ect.), it was super dirty. I normally wash it once a week in the winter to make sure as much salt as possible is cleared from the frame area. Can't wait until I can get the frame painted this spring, not that there is much rust at all to speak of.

Clean(ish) pic:

Unread 02-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #21
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So today I planned to clean my Jeep inside, outside, frame, engine bay, ect. Well, my brother wanted help changing the brake pads and rotors on his Land Rover..evidently he knew it was bad, and needed rotors also.

Well we got the driver's side done without any issue. We moved to the passenger side and I discovered the bubber "boot" on one of the pistons (dual pistons) was leaking fluid. Well, we removed it so he can get it replaced. But I think I saw the issue...

The pad on the far left is brand new, middle is one I took off (very bad), and the PAPER THIN metal on the far right is all that was left of the inner pad on the passenger side. Its the "backing" on the brake pad, we later found the rest of the pad sitting on the axle.

So it seems there was no pressure holding the pads in tight, the pad separated from the "backing", the piston pushed against the "backing" when braking. So this piece started to break, and ripped the boot on the piston. That is all I can think of at least.

Take this as a note friends, DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR VEHICLE!!
Unread 02-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #22
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't been doing much with it recently, just researching my next mod(s) and driving it. Looking like I need some good rocker protection. I can't decide which to go with honestly so am very open to input.

Gave it a good bath Friday, engine bay, frame, underside, axles, then washed the whole thing real good. Needed to clean my throttle body out so took care of that today, and also clean the idle air control valve. It was dirty!! I had no idle issues before but it sure does idle smooth now.
Unread 02-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #23
acampane
2008 JK Wrangler 

Nice looking ride. look forward to watching the build.
acampane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #24
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Small update, ordered a Teraflex oil pan skid (actually a knock off but looks the exact same and is still 3/16" thick) off ebay, got it for less than $50 shipped, new. Just like the one Stu has on his Jeep (http://www.stu-offroad.com/guards/oil/oilskid.htm). Install looks stupid easy. Will post pics when it arrives and is installed.
Unread 03-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #25
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Oil pan skid arrived today, looks pretty solid.

Planning to install tomorrow or Friday.
Unread 03-03-2011, 10:57 PM   #26
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So the skid plate was the wrong part. Contacted the seller to see about swapping, have to see what he says.

Got some other stuff taken care of tonight, there was something up with my front PCV valve, was making a whistle at approximately 50% throttle:

Also sanded and painted my V8 ZJ steering setup, looks much much better,

During:

After:
Unread 03-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #27
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well the skid plate was for the wrong year, so thinking I will just cut, weld a new piece on, then drill new holes. That will have to wait for a while.

Re-pained the headlight bezels today also.

Before:

After:

Unread 04-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #28
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Painted my OEM spare wheel to match the other black ones. This tire has fix-a-flat in it, there is a large nail in the shoulder area that is unrepairable. With the fix-a-flat it still holds air, hence why it is okay as a spare. The wheel was not upgraded with the others as the tire shop told me they would not remount a tire with a hole in it. So this setup will stay until I get new tires.

Before:

After:

Just sanded it really good, cleaned it with Simple Green, taped/papered the tire, then applied several coats of Fusion paint. I think it turned out well, matches better, and was essentially free as I already had the supplies.
Unread 07-04-2011, 09:00 PM   #29
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So, haven't had much of an update to this as of recent. Thought I may be selling the Jeep, but looks like we are together for the long haul! Other than that I have just been driving it, washing it, and keeping up on the oil changes and whatnot.

Until tonight.........

The last time we put the hard top back on the glass was not meeting with the tailgate as it should. So, as I have done in the past, I wanted to adjust the glass. You can do this by loosening the glass, sliding it up or down, then snugging the bolts back up. I did this, but clearly did something wrong (which has not happened in the past), then shut the window and had this to clean up:

So I am now in the market to get a new rear window. I have found a new one, with defrost, and tint for around $300. But I would still need to pay shipping and install. Considering just getting a Rampage soft top and dealing with the hard top in the fall. I want a soft top at times also, but not sure if I can justify the extra costs.
Unread 07-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #30
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well, rear window was 100% covered by State Farm, was replaced today while I was at work. No questions asked. Sorry the pic is so junky..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.