2004 LJ Rollover - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2004 LJ Rollover

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #91
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

There are numerous benefit to running the Under Armor. Due to the flatness of the design and the overall drivetrain lift my output shaft is at 3.3°. That is almost perfectly flat. In all honesty I was hoping to deal with an SYE and Double Cardan shaft later since we are dealing with an LJ but every Jeep is different and a 3" pure drivetrain lift is too much for my LJ. A rubi LJ might be a different story.

An SYE install will happen early next week with lots of pictures so stay tuned for that

jermeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #92
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Just thought I would make a quick update to this thread. I have a few issues going on and needed to get them cleared up.
1. After my Under Armor Install I had some vibes so I installed an SYE and we are all good now.
2. Install a full set of Currie Arms and no issues with them. No additional vibes or road noise.
3. After getting the Under Armor Installed I wanted to clean up my multiple oil leaks before getting my skids all messy. So I did the valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket and rear main seal. Lots of work but I have no leaks and very please on how well it turned out. I really hope the rms holds up for a while.
4. I got my skids powder coated and they look great!

Here are some shots of the Currie Arms flexing on stock suspension with sway bars connected. (cell phone pics I apologize)

Unread 02-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #93
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Jeremy,

Did you powdercoat all of the Under Armor pieces or just the skids?

Looks great!

Gerald

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2006 LJ Unlimited Black Hole

2005 LJ Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 06:44 AM   #94
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
Jeremy,

Did you powdercoat all of the Under Armor pieces or just the skids?

Look great!

Gerald
Hey Gman, I did as much as I could. Since I already had the crossmember on I ended up not powercoating it. I did the skids and all the little pieces.
Unread 02-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #95
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Got my skids on

and a chance to play in the Great Snow Storm

I do have rear axle issues though... Might have a carrier bearing on its way out. Guess I will have to get that fixed and now thinking it may be best to regear at the same time...
Unread 02-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #96
Geister

how many inches did you get by you? i got 22"
Unread 02-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #97
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geister View Post
how many inches did you get by you? i got 22"
Hey, sorry for the late response. I think I am at 15" with stock tires and no lift.
Went on a snow run this weekend. Had lots of snow and some guys on 39s busting the trails. Really impressed with the Jeep on stock suspension. I got stuck once but really kept up with the group with little issues. The under carriage clearance really helped out!

Unread 02-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #98
Fischey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Amazing revival, that Savvy armor is something to drool over and at first glance you'd barely be able to tell its there. I love it, little details that make your LJ a whole lot more beautiful.

If anyone is in the York area and wants to go wheeling let me know I'm always down!
Fischey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #99
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischey View Post
Amazing revival, that Savvy armor is something to drool over and at first glance you'd barely be able to tell its there. I love it, little details that make your LJ a whole lot more beautiful.
I'd have to describe it as subtly badass...
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #100
all_clear
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice rebuild. Love the under armor. What's the plan on regearing? Lift and tire size you plan to run?
all_clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #101
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_clear View Post
Nice rebuild. Love the under armor. What's the plan on regearing? Lift and tire size you plan to run?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
I'd have to describe it as subtly badass...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischey View Post
Guys thanks for all the compliments I really appreciate it.
This Jeep is really made to be subtley equipped with armor. It really took a lot of work to unroll it and armor it.

Future Plans:
Well, I would like to do 4.88s with a HP30 and arbs. I also will be finishing the 4" currie lift and outboarding the rear. 35s would be nice addition as well. Little worried that it would be a dog with only 4.88s though...

Right now I have a GTS sitting in the garage waiting to be installed. After that I need to make a decision as to gearing/lockers or suspension lift/tires.
Unread 02-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #102
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermeyg View Post
Guys thanks for all the compliments I really appreciate it.
This Jeep is really made to be subtley equipped with armor. It really took a lot of work to unroll it and armor it.

Future Plans:
Well, I would like to do 4.88s with a HP30 and arbs. I also will be finishing the 4" currie lift and outboarding the rear. 35s would be nice addition as well. Little worried that it would be a dog with only 4.88s though...

Right now I have a GTS sitting in the garage waiting to be installed. After that I need to make a decision as to gearing/lockers or suspension lift/tires.
4:88's and 35 inch tires, combined with the 4.0L, you won't have to worry about this combination being a dog.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #103
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
4:88's and 35 inch tires, combined with the 4.0L, you won't have to worry about this combination being a dog.
Yeah, I thought the auto on 4.88 with 35s isn't the greatest combination.
Unread 02-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #104
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have the 5 speed, but can't think of reason why your combination wouldn't be good with an automatic.... With the old non over drive transmissions, 4:88's might have been too low. However, with the newer transmissions, like yours, I wouldn't *think* it would be an issue. Besides going up to 4:56 you really don't have a choice about going lower as with a HP D30, I don't think you can go to 5:13.. I know you can't with the LP D30.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #105
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
He's right 4.88s is all you can do with the HP D30. They are perfect. I'm running 37s with 4.88s and I'm completely happy with them. I turn the OD off going up the big hills but otherwise I don't have to touch the switch. The OD switch is there for a reason. To be able to turn it off and run 1:1 and still maintain good speed.

When you add 500-800 lbs of armor and junk you need 5.13s because of the weight but with almost a stock weight Jeep 4.88s is the right combination.

I like doing 75 mph at 2700 rpm and zipping up the hills with the OD off is really nice as well.

Gerald

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2006 LJ Unlimited Black Hole

2005 LJ Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.