2004 LJ Rollover - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2004 LJ Rollover

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-24-2011, 07:29 AM   #151
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Sure doesn't look like 12 psi.
Yeah, I will try a little lower next time.

jermeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 07:38 AM   #152
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermeyg View Post
Yeah, I will try a little lower next time.
12 psi is pretty low for a non bead locked tire. Are you sure your gauge reads correctly? If you have air supply, you could try a little lower, if you pop a bead, you went too low
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 07:48 AM   #153
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
12 psi is pretty low for a non bead locked tire. Are you sure your gauge reads correctly? If you have air supply, you could try a little lower, if you pop a bead, you went too low
I aired down one tire with my guage to 12psi and then a friend let me borrow their tire deflators set to 15psi so i put them on all four tires. The one I did myself didn't release any air. So I thought I was at 12psi according to my gauge. I then deflator each tire to 12psi after the tire deflators were done.

I will pay more attention and double check with another gauge next time for sure.
Unread 05-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #154
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermeyg View Post
I aired down one tire with my guage to 12psi and then a friend let me borrow their tire deflators set to 15psi so i put them on all four tires. The one I did myself didn't release any air. So I thought I was at 12psi according to my gauge. I then deflator each tire to 12psi after the tire deflators were done.

I will pay more attention and double check with another gauge next time for sure.
It could just be my old eyes.....
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #155
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Jermey,

Get an Currie or ARB deflator they seem to work the quickest and are pretty accurate. I think you know a guy you can get one from. LOL!

G

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #156
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

12 is not low for non beadlocked

I run 8psi on 35s with no beadlocks

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #157
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice pics man, I love that little rock garden. Try Purgatory yet? And yeah, air those things down to 8 and break them in good. The sidewall should bulge quite a bit more after that.

So, you gonna be making it to Attica any time in June?
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:42 AM   #158
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
Jermey,

Get an Currie or ARB deflator they seem to work the quickest and are pretty accurate. I think you know a guy you can get one from. LOL!

G
G, I am going to get my staun tire deflators and have them preset to 8psi. I have the ARB defator/gauge but its no fun waiting on each tire to get it right. I want to just hook it up and walk to the next one

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
12 is not low for non beadlocked

I run 8psi on 35s with no beadlocks
Okay sounds like I need less pressure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Nice pics man, I love that little rock garden. Try Purgatory yet? And yeah, air those things down to 8 and break them in good. The sidewall should bulge quite a bit more after that.

So, you gonna be making it to Attica any time in June?
Dude, we did everything there. Spent the better of a full two days just wheeling the entire place. It was fun. I had a couple issues making up a few things, like the second steep wall near the creek. I was thinking it was tire pressure so I will try some lower air pressure and see what happens.

I would love to come out with you guys but we have a trip in Drummond in Juen and I have a wedding to attend I think the same weekend as you guys are going.

Should be making another trip out there in the fall though. Are you guys going anytime after June?
Unread 06-22-2011, 08:10 AM   #159
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Just got back from Drummond Island, MI and we had a good time.
Unread 07-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #160
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Need some help/advice

I recently starting getting a shimmy in my steering wheel at around 50mph and I thought it is related to my wheels out of balance again. I decided to first to check and see if all the bolts are tight since it started sometime after off roading. Well, I got everything all tightened up (nothing was really loose) and still had the shimmy.

Figuring its the tires I swapped front to rear and rear to front. I still had the shimmy. I did a steering check with a helper and looked for any abnormal movement and nothing seemed to be out of wack.

Then took my channel locks and clamped each tie rod end to see if there is any movement. I noticed that the draglink tie rod end on the steering knuckle had twice as much up and down movement than any of the other ends. I am not sure if this is my cause of shimmy or is that up and down movement normal. I can made a small video if that helps.
Unread 07-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #161
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Update, I have really figured out my shimmy issue yet. I came across another problem involving a crack Evap line so I had to fix that. I also got a Winch which I am really excited to use. I'll post up some pictures of it and a review of it.
Unread 07-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #162
all_clear
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Double check your wheel weights again. I was having issue with mine tossing a weight here and there too. Causing a shimmy/shake (not DW). A rebalance helped each time.

Did the rebalance on the DS get rid of the vibes? I have all new stuff to rebuild my front shaft and hoping that fixes mine.
all_clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #163
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_clear View Post
Double check your wheel weights again. I was having issue with mine tossing a weight here and there too. Causing a shimmy/shake (not DW). A rebalance helped each time.

Did the rebalance on the DS get rid of the vibes? I have all new stuff to rebuild my front shaft and hoping that fixes mine.
Yeah, I tried swapping wheels front and back to see if it would get rid of my shakes and it didn't. I got the DS back and there seems to be a slight vibe I get at around 45MPH but nothing else notable at higher speeds. I have a plan of action I think.
1. Make sure everything is tight...again
2. Perhaps play the pinion game in the front.
3. If nothing helps I make look into the front wheel bearings. I can't see any movement in them but it doesn't help that they have 100k on them either. Maybe they are on there way out?

Let me know if you get your vibes fixed as well. Seems like an impossible task...
Unread 07-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #164
B52dude
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey man, great build! A quick question, if you don't mind-- Where did you get the axle mounts for your front sway bar links? JKS makes some, but they don't look as strong as yours do.

Red Jeep Club #614
B52dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #165
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B52dude View Post
Hey man, great build! A quick question, if you don't mind-- Where did you get the axle mounts for your front sway bar links? JKS makes some, but they don't look as strong as yours do.
Hey there, these are made by mr.blaine on the forum. Check out his site at http://shop.blackmagicbrakes.com/Rai...Mounts_c40.htm

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.